frankiebrina

When did you go over 1.4 W/L??

I was under a 129 Omega just under 200 jumps 1.4/1 for about 150 jumps then to 1.7/1 under a Crossfire 99 then added weights to 1.8/1 for several hundred jumps. Went X-braced just under 1000 jumps at over 2.2/1 then to a 27 cell X-braced at over 2.4/1 typically with 4way weights. Probably real lucky early on to have not been broken on several occasions but flew very conservatively when the experience wasn't there and I jump over 500 jumps a year.

'dont care if you have 10 damn million jumps sir, if ya cant be bothered to put details in your profile then your opinion isnt worth a bag of mouldy tripe...to me anyways.

----------------------------------------------------
If the shit fits - wear it (blues brothers)--

your opinion isnt worth a bag of mouldy tripe...to me anyways.

Maybe when you actually travel to different DZ's and meet people you will understand that not everyone wants there information out on the internet.

There are reasons for everything.

Maybe because you are not from this country it is hard to understand!!!!!!

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Maybe when you actually travel to different DZ's and meet people you will understand that not everyone wants there information out on the internet.

i have, quincy twice, chicago, and your zhills,hows paul the barman?plus lived in tx 3 years.

It is easy for you to say burbleflyer is cool, due to the fact you know the guy...that certainly helps in forming an opinion!! The only way we, on here, have any way of forming opinions about virtual writers is by the 'signs', such as a blank profiles and off the wall statements like 'i can outlook anyone..' is usually a warning...I assume you understand where Im coming from. We can hardly be expected to intepret everything on here as genuine.I can only react to what i see.

laters!

----------------------------------------------------
If the shit fits - wear it (blues brothers)--

Oh, and to answer a question posted earlier. I would hardly make the podium on a 135 Sabre. There a re far better canopy pilots than I. Thing is, I can admit it.

I can only react to what i see.

Well you obviously did not see this at the bottom of the page.

I understand what you are saying but sometimes people cannot put info out there without others trying to use it for an ulterior motive. :S

That is cool that you have done some travelling. The more you do you will see people who do not like to advertize.

Paul is good. Definitely as cool as ever. :)

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

I downsized to a little less than 1.4 on jump 40 or so. But then I'm over 200lbs, so it's not that radical. I took to canopy control pretty well (better than most?) and did some post student demo-ing, and when I came time to finish my rig and get a main, I went with a 169 Safire. [zp semi eliptical by Icarus, as if anyone doesn't alredy know that.]

The only problem I've had under canopy is the bad decision that put me there on a windy day when the entire first three loads all landed off.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

i saw an old timer shred the shit out of a saber in eloy this past xmass. it was impressive. like someone said, he was an extension of the canopy. was this the mysteryman?

however. making a blanket statement like im better than everyone on this forum with 1000 jumps is bullshit. even though its probably true, its a very cocky thing to state, especialy since youve probaby never seen 3/4 of these people under the strings.
why even say something like that? true or not all it did was start shit.
if hes really that good id have alot more respect for him if he was hummble.

peace

i saw an old timer shred the shit out of a saber in eloy this past xmass. it was impressive. like someone said, he was an extension of the canopy. was this the mysteryman?

however. making a blanket statement like im better than everyone on this forum with 1000 jumps is bullshit. even though its probably true, its a very cocky thing to state, especialy since youve probaby never seen 3/4 of these people under the strings.
why even say something like that? true or not all it did was start shit.

if hes really that good id have alot more respect for him if he was hummble.

peace

I say it because my colleagues with 10,000, 14,000, 6,000, 5,000 etc... jumps will back me up.
I'm not bragging.
You miss my point again.
Its not the canopy, its the pilot.
If what I say starts shit, then thats why I why I wish to remain unknown. I work in the industry. I would like to express my opinion sometimes and not have it be connected to where I work.
I know of what I speak. I have watched close to half a MILLION parachute landings.
I have watched the people I speak of try to become canopy gods by buying a canopy. It doesnt work.
You become a good pilot first, then you step up to the canopy.
Humility? Humble= teachable. Do you think I made 9,000 jumps without an injury by not listening to those who have something to teach me? Ha ha.
I can still quote instructors from my static line days.
Its you guys who lack humility and are hard to teach.
I have spent lots of wasted breath on people who ended up helicoptered out of the DZ and dead. They didnt listen.
If a guy with 9,000 jumps gives you advice and you dont at least consider it, you deserve your helicopter ride.
Flame away.

i agree with everything youve posted about canopy progression, nor did i challenge any of them also stated i beilve you can do what you say. so no sir youve missed my point.
and ill repeat my point with a question.
what did posting im better than anyone with less than 1000 jumps prove? its not your opinion that started shit its that statement. it didnt make your advice any more or less true.
can you not see it from an outside point of view? you have absolutly no data entered. but you expect the world to know who you are. you could at least type in your time and jumps in the sport and still remain anonomous. its not like your some cold war spy.
you said it yourself in a post, "you have no idea who i am". EXACTLY we have no idea who you are other than someone claiming to be better than everyone with out even knowing them, and no background to back you up.
so stop being so defensive if someone takes your words the wrong way. its logical.
i respect your knowledge and experience. and im not trying to pick a fight.
blue skys

i agree with everything youve posted about canopy progression, nor did i challenge any of them also stated i beilve you can do what you say. so no sir youve missed my point.
and ill repeat my point with a question.
what did posting im better than anyone with less than 1000 jumps prove? its not your opinion that started shit its that statement. it didnt make your advice any more or less true.
can you not see it from an outside point of view? you have absolutly no data entered. but you expect the world to know who you are. you could at least type in your time and jumps in the sport and still remain anonomous. its not like your some cold war spy.
you said it yourself in a post, "you have no idea who i am". EXACTLY we have no idea who you are other than someone claiming to be better than everyone with out even knowing them, and no background to back you up.
so stop being so defensive if someone takes your words the wrong way. its logical.
i respect your knowledge and experience. and im not trying to pick a fight.
blue skys

The point was that you dont need a small x braced to do good swoops. I prove it every day.

Why are you all obsessed with the size of your canopy?
First you should be posting how great your landings are under what you have and that you swoop it great 95 times out 100 and couldnt possibly swoop farther unless you got a smaller/faster canopy.
You can make the swoops without the hot rod canopy if you have the talent. If you dont have the talent you shouldnt be jumping the hot rod.:S

I updated my profile.B|

I'm not sure the absolute number of jumps is that relevant.

Someone with 300 skydives, 50 of which have been intensive high performance canopy training, is going to be safer at a 1.5 w/l than someone like me, who has 300 skydives learning to fly higher performance ZP wings, but vastly greater currency and experience on something that just isn't that relevant (in my case BASE jumps on 280 square foot F-111 7 cells).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

In Reply To burbleflyer ;

thats cool you put in some info. you have alot of knowledge to share, and now peoplr will know you can back it up.

i feel one reason people are in such a hurry to get smaller canopys is peer preasure. i heard alot of shit when i went from a saber 135 to a stilleto 135 w/l 1.3. a few jumpers told me i was waisting my time and money getting the same size canopy. i couldnt beleive my ears.
i wanted to go to an eliptical for the flight characteristics but i knew i didnt need any more speed since i wasnt shredding the hell out of my saber yet.
peace

I went to a Diablo110 around my 160th jump.. That was loaded at 1.7 ish.. By my 200th I was on a Crossfire2 loaded at 1.85. Now I am loading that same canopy at 2.0 after lifting for a winter last year. Sitting around 450 jumps.

I won't recommend my progression for ANYONE. I had some very nice coaching. And more than half of my jumps are hop-n-pops from over 14k..

Rhino