Bosveld

How important is looking cool in my gear.

Which is a cooler statement?

"I can't fly for shit, but isn't this a cool jumpsuit?"

"Okay, you laugh at my faded rags all ya want, but I can still fly circles around you!!"

B|B|B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

"Okay, you laugh at my faded rags all ya want, but I can still fly circles around you!!"
B|B|B|

Ok B|

Okay so maybe not you Tim, but not everybody's cool enough to be able to fly so well in a wheelchair. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

My wife buys all my gear and makes all my jumpsuits, so if I don't look cool, it's all her fault. :D I may not look cool, but my suits rock.B|

John

Your wife looks a lot better in her jumpsuit than you....:P

OTOH you don't look bad in your jumpsuit ......:$

So it's got to be the jumpsuit;)

Damn I need one of those "look good" jumpsuit's

R.I.P.

Come on, I jumped some ridiculous-looking student gear in a ridiculous-looking borrowed tandem jumpsuit for months before I got my own rig. Obviously, I could not insist on looking cool! :S

I came near to buying a used rig that was green and orange and yellow -- definitely not my preference -- but circumstances prevented me from obtaining that rig anyway.

My core intent was always to get equipment that fit and worked right for me -- but I was going to wait until that kind of rig came around in my colors. Eventually, one crossed my path that I liked, I tried it on and it fit, and I bought it.

I would never have bought an ill-fitting, inappropriate rig just because it looked way cool, and I would not have bought a well-fitting rig that looked awful. I had to be patient, and I knew that eventually I would find a rig that reasonably met both sets of criteria.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

]reply]My wife buys all my gear and makes all my jumpsuits, so if I don't look cool, it's all her fault. :D I may not look cool, but my suits rock.B|

John

Your wife looks a lot better in her jumpsuit than you....:P

OTOH you don't look bad in your jumpsuit ......:$So it's got to be the jumpsuit;)

So that's who my secret admirer is!!:P Yes, she does look better than me, no argument here. V-max is open for business, so tell her you need a new bootie soot. She'll fix ya up.

V-max is open for business, so tell her you need a new bootie soot. She'll fix ya up.

SCHWEEEEETTTTT that is SUPER GOOD NEWS...

I know a couple people at Snohomish I will pass THAT info onto... one guy looks REALLLLLY funny in my red V-Max suit with the Pink Bumpers;)

But it DOES slow his big butt down

If you could only afford second hand gear, would you take the matching jump suit and harness, although the harness might not be 100% comfortable and the jump suit might be a little baggy for your fall rate, but hey they look shit hot?...

If you look great but can't fly worth a darn, you're not cool.

If your gear looks crappy, but you fly shit-hot, you're cool.

Flying good is what counts. It doesn't matter what your gear looks like.

I think flying skills are what make you look cool not just fancy kit. However as a newbie my skills are only just starting and looking cool/fashion is important to me. i love the sport and the whole culture that surrounds it and looking cool is just another bonus part of it for me. Each to their own though!
Safety, practicality and value for money come first though.
Look Good Feel Good!!

Blue skies!B|

"swooper 24/7, 365!"
ME on Myspace
My Project playlist

I couldn't care less about looking cool, and am amazed that anyone would give it all that much thought - not to mention time, effort and money.

To some, the image is what its all about.
I know at least one person who has spent upwards of 7 grand on brand new matching gear with his little nickname sewn in to it.. matching suits, helmets, tshirts, tattoos.. etc.. and thats all cool except hes too scared to jump it or learn how to pack it. What a waste of gear.
My first rig (talon) was UGLY.. but it worked! It was a faded blue, with a hot pink main.. and the first gear that I bought. I happened to find a used RW suit that was also mostly blue. The only new gear I bought were my helmets.. got a blue z1 and a sliver evo.
I recently bought a used Infinity that is grey and neon green. I've been demo-ing canopies and I dont know what I'll end up putting in there yet. If it matches, cool. If not.. who cares? I'll get what I can afford. Besides, I'm already a little "too good-looking".. ;)

I am on my way to buy my first set of gear and I am buying a new container that designed the colors. As for a canopy? LOL.....it wont match at all, but I dont care....I dont mind being that guy who doesnt match....if I can land standing up, or fall at a good rate with people then I am happy....

Looking good is not that important....but if I am spending the money on new I want it to be colors I like...if used...screw it as long as it works.

Joe
PS-My mountain bike is Hot Perl Pink.B|
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

It's all about Style & Accuracy:
Style is lookin good on the way to the plane.
Accuracy is getting on the right plane.
The best skydivers wear the ugliest jumpsuits.
If they fuck up everybody can tell who it is. At my DZ most jumpsuits are either black or white, some with colored trim or grippers. After a big way someone will ask "who went low?"
"I don't know, the guy in black!?"