sabregrl

Has this happened to you (gross picture included)

If you have the stomach for it, I've included a picture of what happened to my eye - possibly do to a hard opening. Obviously, a blood vessel broke and the blood is now saturating the area between the cornea and white part. I went to the eye doctor and there is no treatment but time. I am scaring people in grocery stores and small children. Have you had a similar situation happen to you? I've heard about this once before.

I've seen worse when a diver didn't clear their mask, then pulled it off their face at 40 feet. 2 black eyes and eyes that loked like Marolyn Manson. We laughd at him for weeks before it went away. To answer your question, nope, never happened to me.

Derek

oh my, that looks terrible! Did they tell you if any vitamins would help, or just time and rest? I hope it gets better fast. That's pretty scary stuff. I had a hard opening myself last weekend, thought I had whiplash for a minute, I didn't realize I could bust blood vessels. :o

Rest up,
Angela.

Hi Sabregrl

Hasn't happened to me but saw a student after a very long flat spin. He had a matched pair like your eye.

Thanks for the Pic. Now just come up with a good B.S. story,for the folks at work:P

R.I.P.

If you have the stomach for it, I've included a picture of what happened to my eye - possibly do to a hard opening. Obviously, a blood vessel broke and the blood is now saturating the area between the cornea and white part. I went to the eye doctor and there is no treatment but time. I am scaring people in grocery stores and small children. Have you had a similar situation happen to you? I've heard about this once before.

Riser slap on opening????

Ice will only be of benefit for 24-36 hours.

Yes, it happens to me all the time ...scaring people in grocery stores and small children. :(

Michael

Hmmm, yep. But I've been jumping Sabres for almost 600 jumps (hence the name "sabregrl") and rarely have hard openings. I really think with Sabres, the openings depend on the pack job and body position. The last jump on Sunday was spent with me working on my head down and fast transitions. That could have also been the reason for the broken blood vessel. Although I did mention that I felt I packed myself a "spanker".

Barb your going to be getting the evil eye on the plane from people when they see that bad boy...

Sclera= white part of the eye...

I told you not to juggle those midgets...

~G~

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

One time was from jumping, other times just rubbing my eyes or sleeping with my face into the pillow. It seems like it is more prone to happen again and again since the initial injury.

I have found that it is a great way to give annoying litlle children the 'evil eye'. They usually quite down and leave me alone after one well placed curse with the 'evil eye'. :P

SG, it happened to me....overnight, with no precursor issues. Just a ruptured blood vessel. The Dr. said I must've supressed a sneeze the night before. I don't remember that but that's the only reasonable explanation...went to bed fine, woke up with red-eye from hell. Thank goodness it doesn't hurt.

It took about 6 days to clear up, and it was about as bad as yours was. One thing he suggested was to drink lots of liquid, take a multi-vitamin, and to sneeze when I needed to. Who knew?

Good luck and rapid healing!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I had one like that back in high school after catching a baseball in the eye. I worked in a grocery store and they had me wear sunglasses all the time so I wouldn't scare the little kids.
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

Oh, Barb, would you and Guy cut it out? :P

About the eye thing... I have friends who have had blood vessels burst in their eyes while scuba diving, their eyes much looked the same as yours.

And come to think of it, I've injured blood vessels in my eye while jumping out of an airplane, though the circumstances were a little different. The attached picture is cropped to show my eye, and it looked just like yours for a long time. That's not the scary part of the picture, tho....

Cheers-

FunBobby

my eyes looked alot like that after my cornea transplants. I can't remember the guys name, but back in the 50's, NASA had this rocket sled that accelerated like something out of a sci-fi movie and deceled jsut as hard. The guy who rode that thing had red eye so bad that his entire eye looked red. You couldn't tell what color his eyes were!

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."