Dumpster

Sharing the Sport with a Child or Parent?

Who all out there have the pleasure of sharing skydiving with a parent or child?

My daughter Sarah will finish AFF (like tommorrow-) and she and I will be jumping together. I promised her a day of hop-n-pops so her canopy skills can catch up with her freefall skills (She had an hour and a half in the Orlando tunnel before starting-Highly reccomended!!) Scott Miller should be up our way sometime this summer, too.

Being able to share something as great as this is phenominal to say the very least.

I could go on but I'd start getting all mushy and stuff--

This is the best sport in the entire world! Everything else just plain sucks!

well, not a parent or child, but my brother. it was almost 2 years ago when he said "hey, we're gonna try skydiving for your birthday." he has no idea the huge door he opened for me:)

I'm doing the same thing with my sister. We did our first static line course and jump together, our first 2 tandems together and our first AFP course and jump together. She's short on cash so probably won't finish up for awhile, but she was on my graduation load. I'm hoping that by the time she finishes I'll have enough experience to go on her graduation jump with her. THat would be very cool.
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

my dad and i both started jumping about a year ago and we did our first 2way and 3way together last weekend. it was a blast. we go up just about every weekend now and i cant think of anyone better to jump with. it also helps out cause im in nursing school right now and dont really have the money to jump myself. i gotta admit that if it werent for him jumping with me i probably wouldnt have gotten addicted to this sport the way i did. i have a family at the dz now and that doesnt just include my father.

The only bad skydive is your last!
chris "sonic wookie" harwell
Piedra-belluda-roja Rodriguez

My parents met skydiving, fell in love with the sport and each other. My sister, brother and brother in law all jump as well. My father passed away almost 4 years ago on his third jump of the day. He experienced a massive heart attack after he deployed, never touched his toggles. I couldn't ask for a better way to go, other than the fact that he was only 65.
I am very proud to be able to spend time with the family while we are all doing something that we love.
If any one is interested we have organized a Second Generation World Record Attempt in Spaceland during SklyFest July 15-18. We already have a nine way consisting of second and third generation skydivers. We believe the record is only a 4 way.
For more info go to www.skyfestboogie.com
This boogie raises money for a Skydiving Scholarship Fund that we started a few years ago to give money to upcoming jumpers and anyone that wants to progress in the sport through coaching or instructing.

Anyway, jumping with the family has to be the best way to enjoy the spirit of the sport and each other!

I bought tandems for my mom when she turned 59 and 60. That was pretty cool. B|

--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

I met my husband skydiving. One of the best experiences I've had is taking my stepson, Eddie, for his AFF level 1 with his dad and I as his JM's. I'm not sure who was the most nervous, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Eddie!! Eddie now has over 300 jumps and continually amazes me! Now if I can just get him to quit using my rig......:P

Trent did his first tandem at Xkeys and called me to tell me about it. He also told me he had bought me a tandem at Skydive USA for the next weekend. When I told my wife, she said "Well if you're going to do it, I want to go too!" She has only done the one jump, but says she will do another "someday".

Trent and I don't get to jump together very often unless they need a belly flyer for a hybrid. (He did get to jump with me on a 40-way last weekend.)

I have gotten my sister-in-law and brother-in-law jumping, my nephew has done 3 or 4 tandems, and my niece wants to do a tandem when she turns 18 in October.

At Spaceland there are quite a few family jumpers:

Boyds, Berkes, Hales, Nichols, Snowdens, Ethridges and many others that I can't remember right now.

Blue skies,

Jim

We met TJ Landgren weekend before last, and he thinks the world of Sarah - He even flew video on her Level 6 jump (Now how cool is that!!!) He told me about the 2nd generation jump at Spaceland, and it's on our list of places to be next summer, so you'll see Sarah and I there! It looks like a great place to jump, and a great boogie.

Easy Does It

Since he was so good about hanging around dropzones for 12 years, I got my son a level 1 for his 18th birthday. Even arranged it so he did his jump on the same load I did my 800th. He loved it - and did great too. B| Next time I'm out in Perris I'm going to get him into the tunnel with me so we can finally fly together.

He'll jump again in the future I'm sure, but for right now he'd rather spend his money flying the plane.

my dad shard it with me and put threw aff when i was 11 almost 12 and now im thirteen and have had geat time jumping

All the kids at the dz I jumped at back in the early 90's - including my kid - were sooooo jealous of your brother Charlie when they heard that he was close to their age and got to jump. :D

You gonna be at WFFC again this year?

At Spaceland there are quite a few family jumpers:

Boyds, Berkes, Hales, Nichols, Snowdens, Ethridges and many others that I can't remember right now.

Jim
We have Boyds, Schrimshers, Nichols, Derek Thomas (owner of Sunpath), T.J. Landgren and maybe Hughes. I assume I can put Trent on that list? Would you mind informing the other folks you listed to please go to www.skyfestboogie.com and sign up?
This would be awesome to have a 12 way or something, we will have to do a hybrid so the Dad's and the non freefliers can all play together! This is going to be great!
Thanks Jim
C ya soon
J

i think is great sharing skydiving with your family my dad shard it with me and put threw aff when i was 11 almost 12 and now im thirteen and have had geat time jumping

Zach
You should come and play with us at Spaceland in July, your father knows my mother very well, and he knew my father. This Second Generation will be a small piece of history. www.skyfestboogie.com Estillo and a ton of others you know will be there as well.
C ya
J Schrimsher

Dumpster is my dad. I love this sport and I'm incredibly grateful that he started cause that triggered my interest. I've always been a daddy's girl but I never thought that we would end up jumping out of an airplane together! Its also very fun to stay up late talking about it. There are so many things there is to learn about this sport and we both have great ambition for it... There is nothing better a father and daughter can share .... And to party with my dad is awesome too. You never get to really know your parents until you spend a day hung over with them. :ph34r:

Oh yeah!?! So. What if I did eat all of the Oreos?