napaguy99

Should I ask for a rebate?

Well my new rig finally came it! It looks awesome and I love it. It's a Mirage G3 in the colors of my Alma Mater(Ohio State).

The only thing about it is that there is this little black dot a little bigger than the size of a dime on the legstrap. I don't think it's that big a deal. The way I see it is that I'll just have it dirty within the first few jumps anyway. However, a few of my friends are saying that seeing how I spent over $1500 on it, I should contact the manufacturer and ask for some type of remuneration.

Opinions please!

What do you think?

"Let the misinterpretation and attacks begin."

I vote other cuz it's really up to you. Mirage Systems has some great folks working for them and I'm sure you could get them to make you a new leg strap, but you'd have to mail the rig back to them, they'd need at least a LITTLE time to get the work done, they'd mail it back... it'd probably eat up a couple weekends. It's just a question if it's worth the increased wait.

I'd sweat it more if it was on the container somewhere where people will see it all the time. But I've found that my crotch (rig on or off, for that matter) gets much less attention than I wish it did, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Elvisio "nice lookin' rig though' Rodriguez

I would call them and ask for their sugestions. They may be able to sugest something that can remove it, and that would solve the issue. And like you said, you will probably get it dirty anyway.

By the way, what is the going rate for a fadded spot on a leg strap?:P

Wow. It's pretty amazing that you found that.

My opinion is, "It's a rig, not a new pair of underwear." It doesn't have to be sterile.

But just the same, if you were my customer, I would try to rectify the situation myself with a damp cloth and call the manufacturer for backup if needed. Mirage Systems stands behind their product 110%.

And by the way, if you only paid $1,500.00 for a brand new Mirage, you got one hell of a deal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I think that you were VERY brave to get white leg straps in the first place!! :PB|

For those who aren't from the Big 10, Ohio State's colors are Scarlet and Gray. I got the legstraps in gray, not white. Just a technicality ;) I suppose hindsight being 20/20 I could have gotten black or red or an whatever, but that's what I picked.

"Let the misinterpretation and attacks begin."

I'd say call them or email them with the jpg. see what they offer.

If they are like Jump shack, they'll have no problems shipping out a new set of leg pads or fixing it for you.

I bought my rig several years ago, and when it arrived, the combo of a narrow rig with wide straps caused severe pinching in the netherest of my nether region. when I called, I pretty much got a response of " of course it pinches, it always does when you use that combo of features. I am surprised nobody called to tell you before they built it."

a week later, I had a new set of pads, and my rigger put them on for me.

So you never know what they will do... ask, it wont hurt.

GO BUCKS!
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!