diablopilot

PAC 750 IN THE USA!!!

Can you exit from the wing itself?

That's a very big NO. Not the Cark one at least - there are 3 "NO STEP" stickers on the wing and there's a big portion of the plane breaf dedicated to how big a hole they're gonna rip in your ass if you step on the wing.

There was talk of possible steps over the wing and the like for front floaters, but I doubt any of those ideas came from the factory.

Did they get a discount with that paint job? :D Sorry, I'll shut up now.....

how much did they pay you for your canopy ?? :P
sorry, I'll shut up now... well at least when I'll stop laughing :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The whole door is designed so that, on exit, each of its sides are vertical. The step under the door frame is also designed to be horizontal on exit, and means that the floaters' feet don't get in the way of the divers on exit.

I've attached a (rather out of focus - sorry) photo of the 750XL at Cark in the UK

The whole door is designed so that, on exit, each of its sides are vertical. The step under the door frame is also designed to be horizontal on exit, and means that the floaters' feet don't get in the way of the divers on exit.

I've attached a (rather out of focus - sorry) photo of the 750XL at Cark in the UK

No pic attached.

Why am I not grasping this concept? The sides are veritcal and the floor is horizontal? How is that different than an otter?

So, the outside floaters are lower than the remainder of the chunk inside the door? How will this affect trying to launch a piece?

The biggest problem you get with trying to launch a piece outa that thing is the floor...it's slippery as ice! I ended up sticking my toes in the holes in the floor for the the restraints, just to get some traction on diving exits...I far preferred floating, nice plane for that...just make sure you go down on exit, not jump up....;)
---
Swoopert, CS-Aiiiiiii!
Piccies

So...no news lately on this machine.....thought I'd ask how everyones found it to date.....just to move the thread back up to the front as well......

I know there a PAC 750XL at the WFFC right now.

I too was wondering what the jumpers who jumped the PAC at the WFFC think about the plane.

;)

Yves.

I know there a PAC 750XL at the WFFC right now.

I too was wondering what the jumpers who jumped the PAC at the WFFC think about the plane.

One in the same plane. They flew it out from CA to fly at WFFC. GREAT plane. Fantastic climb rate, big door, slow landing speeds. Its going to be a great plane for a DZ that is needing something beyond a Cessna, but can't justify an Otter.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Just got back from the WFFC where I jumped this plane the last days I was there. Some gave the aircraft mixed reviews. The aircraft had a good climb rate, excellent view of everything out of those windows. The ceiling was a little low but the assist bars made getting up easy. The straddle bench seats were great and no one seemed uncomfortable like sitting on the floor in a KingAir. The built in spotting lights were great also. The floater bars inside and out and the step were also a plus. The airplane gets off the ground in a very short takeoff roll. The location of the horizontal stabilizer as some people have mentioned wasn't a problem at all. During the Convention, the pilots experimented with the nose down steepness during jumprun and seemed to need less and less as the Convention wore on. The spots from this aircraft were the best of any aircraft I jumped during this event.

For freeflying I had excellent speed and stability out the door. The relative wind being right by the door as opposed to above at as in the Otters. It was very similar to the Caravan's.

The aircraft is also very fuel efficient.

In summary, a great jump aircraft.

Thank you Don Kirlin, Ray Ferrell, Philip Esdaile and the nice gal that did the manifesting out at the boarding tent who help make all this possible.

Chris
Skydive Houston

Here is a comment from a local messageboard about the PAC at WFFC...Any comments on this comment?

Don't fantasize about the new PAC750-XL. We didn't jump it, but a
few guys from Freefall Express did and won't ever again. Too
small/packed tight w/ 14 jumpers. Will probably fit 10 comfortably.

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.

They had to much to drink the night before. I was on mostly light loads and was sitting in the copilots seat but I was also on a full load and it was no problem. It was better than sitting on the floor in some airplanes with your leg squashed up against the side of the fuselage. Some people are just Otter spoiled. This aircraft will make a welcome addition to DZ's that can't afford an Otter but would like a great aircraft with low operating cost's.

I flew right seat in the PAC and it was pretty cool. Joystick control, great view over the nose even when climbing,simple dashboard and guages. Plane seemed light and strong. Climb rate was fast. Jumpers seemed a little cramped back there.
Yes it would be great for a small dz. Or a big dz on a slow day.

I flew the PAC with a 6-7 way Birdman and at least 3-4 others in the plane and we han WAY more then enough room to get geared up and if you know much about BM jumps it takes a lot of room.

If you were used to flying on the Otter with 15 then it was packed, but if you are from a Cessna DZ there was lots of room.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I jumped it with a 14 way. Being in the front was quite uncomfortable with 3 across. 13 would have been perfect. Thankfully it didn't take too long to get to altitude. I really like looking out the windows and knowing where we were rather than sitting on the floor. I think it will be a good plane but quite tight with 14 on board if you are one of the unlucky 3 who sit right up front. Also there needed to be some sort of carpet or grip type surface at the door area as we had a jumper fall on exit due to slipping on the slick surface from the morning dew being on his feet.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

It was better than sitting on the floor in some airplanes with your leg squashed up against the side of the fuselage. Some people are just Otter spoiled.

I dunno, an otter with 24 is pretty darn cramped. Your legs (and other body parts) can definitely get squashed.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

i liked it better then a king air, but not as much as an otter. its got a really low ceiling like a cessna or a kingair... i got a lot of new scratches on my helmet. the middle bench seating is nicer then sitting on the floor like a king air. its got a wider door then a kingair, more places to float outside, and a safer tail. at WFFC they did a very good job spotting in it.
and its got a nice climbrate. i see it as a nice step between a cessna and otter.

MB 3528, RB 1182

I jumped it a few times as well in Rantoul - once to full altitude with a full load and it was a bit cramped but no more so than in a full Otter or Caravan. YUP - was definitely nice being able to see things the entire way up!

One load was just a hop and pop and that was nice too. I think it will be a nice little jump ship for sure! Think I might have to visit Davis and the great gang I met from there ;) some time soon.

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...