noahgordon

SIM worth getting?

I buy one every 2 years.

Yeah you can get it online and print it if you want it, BUT its so much more convienent to get one that's already printed and bound. To me its worth the money, to others its not.

If you print it out its literally 3 times as thick and a pain in the ass...IMO.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Buy one! I printed one last year, it took about a half a day, 1/4 ream of paper ( and that was printing double sided). ultimately you will spend more time and money trying to print. I would still download it though.

That's why you sneak into the office on a weekend and use the high-speed printer. :ph34r: downloaded and printed (both sides) the entire Competition manual in the time it took me to drink a cup of coffee. Hehehehe!

Easy Does It

I'm glad I got mine. Why skimp on knowledge. You might need it one day. Good luck.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Definitely at LEAST download it and read it. I bought a SIM and IRM for a coach course... $62 or something, including shipping. Dunno why they can't put the entire books online. USPA isn't a publishing company. Having printed books is definitely important for an instructor/coach, but I sure as hell could print them for less than $62.

Dave

ummm YES!!:S:S Buy the SIM, then buy Tom Buchanan's book "JUMP" and Dan Poynters book "The Skydivers Handbook".

And "The Parachute and its Pilot" by Brian Germain.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I printed my own. I think it cost me almost as much as buying one. My ink cart. cost $32 each!!! The printer ran low on ink and I had to change out in the middle. Some of the pages are light but readable, some had to be reprinted. Then I had to buy a binder to put it in and had to punch holes in all of the pages.

Next time I am going to order a nice neat copy with a pretty color cover!!!

Ed

i was told to get one, then someone said it wasn't worth it. i looked at it online but wanted some opinions.

Hello Noah,
The answer to your question is YES Buy it! :)Your profile says that you have 18 jumps in 2 years thats not very current. At this point in the game you are still a student. You should NOT be listening to anyone else other than instructors. Lots of 100+ jump wonders are going to be giving you advice most of which might be inaccurate.....at best "no offense intended guys". Any questions you have should be directed towards and instructor. If someone give you advice you should just casually ask an instructor. Example: ""hey I heard that I should try to jump a crossfire 119"". The end advice should be cleared by them.
Have Fun
<>
Tami