beezyshaw

Somebody talk me out of this!

U don't know beezy i assume...lol:)

----------------------------

Last time I saw Beezy was at the old campground just off the airport in Z-hills for the old-old DZ run by Jim Hooper. It was kind of gorilla camping near the golf course. Must have been in 1978. He wasn't too big then but none of us were, ceptin' Tire Biter.

Last time I saw Beezy was at the old campground just off the airport in Z-hills for the old-old DZ run by Jim Hooper. It was kind of gorilla camping near the golf course. Must have been in 1978. He wasn't too big then but none of us were, ceptin' Tire Biter.

Talked to him for a bit at the wffc last summer. Im thinking he has changed a tad.

And Beezy, It sounds like you were double dog dared..... you don't have a choice.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Breezy

Based on the W/L in your profil you already know the answer:S

Landing under a round reserve at your W/L would make a impression...... on something.

Still got your frencie's:D How much does the other guy weigh:)

R.I.P.

Tell 'em it would be bad for business. Who is going to pay up for the latest and greatest from you if you jump ancient gear yourself?

Actually, maybe it would be GOOD for business; while I'm limping around after busting my ass under that T Bow, I can say "this wouldn't have happened if I'd only been jumping one of my canopies!"

Update on the T Bow jump tomorrow: I decided to use a square reserve in a chest-mount container for the jump. I know that's wimping out just a little bit, but when I kept looking at the K-20, the choice became clear to go "modern" for the reserve. What's ironic about this is when we first had square reserves, a lot of jumpers (including myself) had the mindset of "If my stratostar malfunctions, I damn sure don't want another SQUARE as my last chance. Now, planning on jumping a round main, I'm thinking just the opposite. Times change, huh?

>"If my stratostar malfunctions, I damn sure don't want another SQUARE as my last chance."

Yep. Remember the old Swift system ads? Swift container, two identical Swift canopies for main and reserve. Once you can land one, you can surely land the other, so they thinking went. No suprises. Then they started to have trouble with the Swift mains, and suddenly that didn't seem like such a good sales angle.

Now Hear This, Now Hear This...

After packing the T Bow a couple of times today (amazing how it comes back to you after not putting my hands on one for almost 30 years)...

There's no backing out! Get your video cameras charged. Like we used to say, "Outa my way, boys, I've got some SKYDIVIN' to do!

U don't know beezy i assume...lol:)

----------------------------

It's funny you should mention Jim Hooper in this particular thread as he used to jump a T-Bow. Had a cutaway from it too, used his 26' Navy Conical out of his Pop-Top (one of my many saves). He didn't seem to have "heavy" landings under the T-Bow at the time, I think he probably weighed about 145lbs then.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Now Hear This, Now Hear This...

After packing the T Bow a couple of times today (amazing how it comes back to you after not putting my hands on one for almost 30 years)...

There's no backing out! Get your video cameras charged. Like we used to say, "Outa my way, boys, I've got some SKYDIVIN' to do!

he's only getting cocky now because he looked at the weather here for this weekend. sopposed to be 15-25 mph winds! beezy. bring the 58. im jumping with you on a second pass and swooping that round your under! hell bring a camera!;)

Rock and Roll!!

I still have a 1972 Comp PC (that I converted into a Mark I) that I cherish. Jumped it at Byron a few years ago and to this day relive that jump over and over again.

You will do so as well. This is immersing yourself in the experiences that you lived for back in the day.

I would highly recommend that you take nothing for granted. Practice cutaways with your eyes closed and visualize the jump in your mind from exit to PLF.

And enjoy this. Maybe it won't be the last time you experience a bit of nostalgia.

Dan

i'm sure beezy is qualified. but i will be on hand with pics for you all..like mark said yes he talks the talk when the winds are 25 mph..hehe But we just did a hop and pop from altitude, winds have calmed so maybe tomorrow we get to have a good laugh....:)
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?