JumpHog

Beware of Kenny Ruetsch selling a Sabre 107

My rigger does test jumping for Flight Concepts and uses these on occassion, particularly with experimental high-aspect ratio canopies. It is a normal harness/container system with an extra set of rings sewn into the harness a few inches below the shoulders.

Yea, I have one of those containers also.

It would have been easier to edit your post to keep yourself out of hot water than to claim that you have a three canopy/one harness system...

Chest mounted main, with two other back mounted canopies, that gets cutaway, legally? Priceless!!!

Why not just d-bag that crap canopy, with a groundlaunch harness underneath a skydive container? Oh yea, we have those 3-in-1 containers...

The rules are the rules, BillVon...

There is absolutly nothing illegal about such a system.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

>It would have been easier to edit your post to keep yourself out
>of hot water than to claim that you have a three canopy/one
>harness system...

?? It's not a three canopy system. It's a normal rig with a second main in a chest mount container. It works quite well. Using such a system you can use any normal skydiving rig with large harness rings as a cutaway rig. It's not great for practicing cutaways, since you use a different procedure than a normal cutaway, but it's great for testing canopies.

>Why not just d-bag that crap canopy, with a groundlaunch harness
> underneath a skydive container?

I've done that as well, but that's really a hassle. More to go wrong.

"It would have been easier to edit your post to keep yourself out of hot water than to claim that you have a three canopy/one harness system..."

ROFLMAF!!!

C'mon now Bill, he's got a good point there, with all of your years in the sport, you think you would have known better than to make up something like that. Next thing you know you'll be telling people that you have a tiny little magical mechanical device in one of your rigs designed to deploy your parachute in the unlikely event you are knocked out in free fall, AND that you put it in there knowing full well that there is no gaurantee that it will work.................

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Next thing you know you'll be telling people that you have a tiny little magical mechanical device in one of your rigs designed to deploy your parachute in the unlikely event you are knocked out in free fall, AND that you put it in there knowing full well that there is no gaurantee that it will work.................

Yeah Bill~

What's next...Electric Cars?

Where do you come up with this stuff!?
:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Phree, surely you jest (I assume). Please don't jump that thing, in case you are serious, or anyone else. Who wants to take a chance by evaluating this canopy?

Maybe you don't realize it, but many people are "qualified" to evaluate complaint canopies by jumping them. I've spent many years of my life doing it hundreds and hundreds of times. If a proper inspection of the canopy is performed, and it passes that inspection, you go skydiving. If nothing else, those types of jumps keep this sport from becoming boring and routine!

And hey, it's only skydiving, what's the worst that could happen? ;)

Thanks Beezy! I think.... :P Go jump that Dyctal now that you have told me its ok to jump this canopy.

In all reality if its still local there are very few people qualified to be jumping a 107 canopy. The list of potential jumpers is less then 5 at my DZ so its easly discussed at Safety Day. The list of jumpers at another DZ is 0 and a third DZ is less then 10 people max that could be on a canopy that small so even then its not hard to get the message to that DZ.

Besides, I just repacked my reserve last night... its due for a ride:P
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

In all reality if its still local there are very few people qualified to be jumping a 107 canopy.
Besides, I just repacked my reserve last night... its due for a ride:P

This guy only lives about 10 min from where I stay when I'm in cbus... I could give him a personal visit around the end of the month.;) We have a cutaway rig up "north" and I'd be happy to take it up and check it out. I have quite a few jumps on sherry's 97/107 sabres. But after hearing the canopy was jumped another 200 jumps after the collapse, that leads me to believe it was either a one time incident or jumper error.

That quote to beezy reminded me of....
me: What the HELL is that?
senior jumper: That's a paradactyl.
me: Wow..it looks weird
sj:yeah they are a little strange the way.....
me breakin in: LOOK AT THAT IT COLLAPSED!!!:o
sj:No, that's just the way they turn, want to jump one?
me:uh......no thanks
:S

Hi,
I'm a rigger and S&TA. I have been working closely and quietly with Kenny to help resolve this situation. He brought the canopy to me today to start the inspection process. He would have preferred to send it directly to PD but due to the posts by some PD employees he didn't feel the canopy would receive a fair evaluation. I started with a general inspection and found no problems. I then measured the line trim and found that it was slightly out of specification. Rather than invest any more money into this canopy, worry about PD and a reline or having to prove that it would be OK Kenny has decided that the canopy should be destroyed. He has given it to me to do so.

Please consider this matter resolved.

The only question I have is why were the placards on the sides of the canopy replaced before Kenny purchased it?

He brought the canopy to me today to start the inspection process.

Shouldn't he have brought the canopy to you immediately after he bought it, and certainly before he tried to sell it? He knew its history, after all.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Yea, I have one of those containers also.

It would have been easier to edit your post to keep yourself out of hot water than to claim that you have a three canopy/one harness system...

Chest mounted main, with two other back mounted canopies, that gets cutaway, legally? Priceless!!!

Why not just d-bag that crap canopy, with a groundlaunch harness underneath a skydive container? Oh yea, we have those 3-in-1 containers...

The rules are the rules, BillVon...

It used to be mine and is completely legal. Why would you think it isn't?

But seriously, why would BillVon's situation be legal under the BSR (recommendations, NOT regulations)?

Because he has more than the resommended minimum jumps to do an intentional cutaway and is not violating and FAR's.

Don't try to force your silly skydiving club's rules on me...

How ironic. Holding others to a higher standard than yourself?

Derek

[I can't believe the brainlessness involved with selling an unserviceable main on ebay for $69, without making it permanently unserviceable.......
]

It's not brainless at all. When I was getting my rigger's ticket, I bought two unairworthy stillettos from Square 1 (that they advertized as such) for $100 each. I put on line sets and patched the cross ribs holes that resulted from the failed pull test. This was a perfectly reasonable sale make to someone with morals.

The buyer might feel bad about the situation, but is not to blame and should sleep easy. 100% of the fault lies in the dick that resold it. Seriously, to whoever sold it as "unairworthy," yes, cut the line or label the next main that comes along in that condition, but don't put ANY of the fault of this on yourself. You did nothing wrong.

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

So...Kenny went back to the guy he sold it to...got the canopy back.....(I presume)...refunded the $500 odd......brought the canopy around to you for a check out....then agreed to its destruction....

This was after reading all the posts slagging him off on this board....and he didn't bother to come and post a defense for his actions.....but got someone with one previous post and very little in the way of personal profile to defend him....

Surely the PD staff would inspect the canopy on its merits, what was he worried about....

And the placards had been replaced before he bought the canopy???????...well that can be answered by the original seller.........

Something doesn't add up in all of this......call me a sceptic.....but there's a distinct smell of fish in all of this....

I don't buy it......can anyone vouch for this rigger tree915???.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

*** I don't buy it......can anyone vouch for this rigger tree915???.

Phree, I think that's your cue.

Please take a minute to re-read both the original post and the website. You're only remembering the highlights, nor did you see any of the additional e-mails that Kenny told me he sent to Sangiro.

Kenny is an opportunity seeker. He buys and sells gear all the time. Without meaning to defend him I just want to say that I found no indication that this was a bad canopy in any way. As a person who regularly test jumps "problem" canopies I have to say that a single person's evaluation is rarely accurate. I feel that with a reline the canopy would have been fine despite any claims the previous owner may have made.

As for the side placards that state the model and size of the canopy being replaced: I've only seen that done by "Call Ralph" so he could add his advertisements to your canopy. When I stated that I was curious about the placards being replaced, I'm not suggesting that anything inappropriate occurred. I just wonder why?

I don't buy it......can anyone vouch for this rigger tree915???.

I'll vouch for him. I know him and have had him pack my reserve many times. He is the S&TA at my DZ and takes safety matters very seriously. If he says the matter is resolved, I'll sleep very well at night knowing that the matter was really taken care of.

At this point I think the thread can die because there is no further usage of this canopy planed and it is now in good hands and will soon be destroyed. There is no other purpose served in keeping this thread alive and flaming people on a matter this is completely closed.

If you want a topic like that lets talk about if its a good idea to have your reserve moved to your back instead of on your chest. ;)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

nor did you see any of the additional e-mails that Kenny told me he sent to Sangiro.

...neither did you.

It would be wise not to use my name to try and establish some credibility for Kenny. I have stayed out of this but just to set the record straight: Kenny flat-out lied to me in the emails he sent me. He claimed that the canopy he was trying to sell on Dropzone.com was a "different canopy" with the "same color scheme" as the one he bought on eBay and that the other one was "on it's way to PD to be inspected" and that it "might be advisable to get the whole story before jumping to conclusions".

I asked that he send me the name of the person he was working with at PD so I can follow up.... I know a few people there. He never replied back. That was the end of our "additional e-mails".

I don't know whether the canopy was as good or as bad as anyone claims, but I do know when someone is trying to feed me a bucket of BS. Please don't use my name unless there's something there.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Fair enough then........my question came because it seemed to me that there was a fair amount of bullshit involved from this Kenny character....

I hope everyone involved thinks a wee bit smarter next time........
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

>no one needs to save useless, unsafe shit...

Hey! I have lots of unsafe shit! I have an old Jedei 136 that's ragged out, but is useful as a cutaway canopy. I have an old Nova 150 that I use once in a blue moon, when the air is smooth and I have nothing better to do. I have an old Paracommander that I don't want to land, but is fun for intentional cutaways. I have a completely ragged out PD190 and a harness with the reserve risers cut off that I use for water training.

Moral of the story is that one person's unsafe shit is another person's cool stuff. Nothing wrong with selling anything you want as long as you make it clear to the purchaser what he (or she) is buying.

I could like go Jump my Bedsheet or Something right. Just as long as I had a indate Reserve thats TSO'd etc. Or maype put a bunch of dirty clothing in my Container for the Main who cares right. B|
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.