thejackal

interested in skydiving

Hi,
I was wondering if you guys could help me. I always liked the idea of skydiving and travelling. I was wondering if it were possible to learn to skydive, then travel around the world (or a few countries) as a skydiver, or something related to that job. Would this be actually possible, or am I doomed to sit behind an office all day for the rest of my life?

Thanks.

If you are asking about making a living skydiving around the world, you would be better off keeping the job you have. At least you know that you'll have that check. If you are going to try and make a living skydiving you won't get rich.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

There are 2 ways to become a good skydiver. First is: Quit your job, live on the DZ, get every rating you can get and jump your ass of. Second is: Get a very good job, earn a lot of money and then jump your ass of.

I think I choose number 2 :P

HTH,
Max

Like everyone else said... you're not going to get rich but you can have a blast!! :) I've had a great year travelling and jumping, seen some amazing places and met some cool people.

I *was* due to go back to 'real life' in January but I recently got my AFF rating and have just come back from my first 'job'... doing AFF on a beach in Kenya...

No regrets whatsoever!

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

You're doomed as long as you consider that an option.How many times are you going to ask yourself this question? Time to pack it in and do what you're aching to do anyway. Fuck the check, fuck the security, the famiiarity, the everyday-common-tired-blah experience you and a million others share living the same life. Go for a life shared by a precious, beautiful few. Step out of the mundane. Shake up your life. Ask fewer questions before taking action. You know you want this. You found us. You've taken a step. Your friends either don't know you're looking into this or they think you're out of your fucking skull. They would prefer that you stay happy with the doomed life. Time for new friends. No one here thinks your out of your fucking skull. Not for wanting to skydive and work in it and travel... There are other ways we'll think you're out of your fucking skull but that wouldn't be it. So, give notice, get the severence pay - or don't - get to a dz, pony up the cash, get going, learn, learn, learn, stay focused & determined. And we'll see you on the circuit in a year or so. Stop by & say hello. Now get going. You've got work to do.

If you are going to try and make a living skydiving you won't get rich.

But on the plus side .... you get a great view from the 'office' and one hell of a commute:)

If you really want to do it, then go for it big time.. cuz there's plenty of us boring bastards that sit behind a desk wishing that had done so!

Good luck

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome