Avion

Would you pay $5 for 1/2 hour tunnel time?

I would if all the proceeds were going to a charity of some sort. ;) that would show community involvement. Even though i dont think i would be able to make it out to the tunnel if i won. now if it didnt expire for 1 year or something that would be cool! I could plan out a trip to make it to any Tunnel in the U.S. with in a year. All for 30 min of fun and practice!

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

How about this? Find a good charity and give them $5.

Then, pay the going market rate for tunnel time as a retail transaction.

2 completely separate things.

Why combine them? Just to 'fool' people into giving for charity? If they are charitable, then they just should be without any expectation of a return on that investment other than satisfying their charitable impulse.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Since you replied to my post, I will put this in my reply to yours... :)
I am charitable. I give when and what I can to several charaites. I, along with 2 of my closest friends, am walking 60 miles for breast cancer in October. Not only am I gathering donations, but I have, and will continue to, include my own dollars to it. I give to the Humane Society. I give to the Good Will. I give to the Veterans Associations. I give to the Multiple Sclerosis Society. I buy raffle tickets to win prizes I might not want because the dollar or five that I spend is going to a charity or some sort.

Yes, I would gladly give $5 to a charity. If I happen to gain 1/2 an hour in the tunnel with that $5, BONUS for me!

:)

I am charitable. I give when and what I can to several charaites. I, along with 2 of my closest friends, am walking 60 miles for breast cancer in October. Not only am I gathering donations, but I have, and will continue to, include my own dollars to it. I give to the Humane Society. I give to the Good Will. I give to the Veterans Associations. I give to the Multiple Sclerosis Society. I buy raffle tickets to win prizes I might not want because the dollar or five that I spend is going to a charity or some sor

hahahaha...... american of the year LOL... get over yourself. My mother runs a charitable organisation but i have never once heard her rattlle off everything she does.

Some people have this huge thing with giving to charity and then telling people about it, do you really have to prove yourself? I bet you voted for bush at the same time as making all these donations.

bring on the flaming, or should i say.... go on defend yourself. lets have a big competition, the person who gives the most to charity... wins, and there prize is that they can donate some more to the charity of their choice, and as an added bonus, they can sit here and tell everyone about it so they feel special.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I bet you voted for bush at the same time as making all these donations.

Such bitterness! B|
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Okay people. . .chill! Dang, such bitterness in here tonight. Bill, you think like me. . .I feel the same way about charitable giving. . .HOWEVER, if there is a chance I could end up with 30 minutes of tunnel time (coached I hope), I am all over it. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Why combine them? Just to 'fool' people into giving for charity? If they are charitable, then they just should be without any expectation of a return on that investment other than satisfying their charitable impulse.

If you want to raise more money rather than less for a charity, then depending on the 'charitable impulse' will not be as successful as not depending on it. Many are just not that charitable. This should not be a surprise.

It would probably be a very good fundraiser.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Would you pay $5 for a 1 in 100 chance to win a 30min tunnel block?

I figure my "gambling" expense at $60.00 bucks a year. I spent a bunch of years in politics, and was expected to spend time at various events on our Riverboats here. Part of the budget (yea, I'm cheap) Had to go to Vegas on business. Went to the Carribean. Never have gone over my $60.00 a year. Sure, I'd consider it part of my gambling budget, and not worry about the win/lose/charity ratio.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Ok,

Lets get some stuff straight here. SkyVenture is not running a raffle or any other kind of charity event. This is for one individual to make some money off a lottery system. There is no connection between Avion and SkyVenture in any way. He flys at the tunnel and came up with an idea to make some money and hook up one lucky person.

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

He should go to work instead then, for Cary over at Skyride! :S

Hey Avion, is this maybe at a "tunnel near me"?
Right down the road Maybe?
I live in Maryland.

Let us know when you get your paypal account set up & how it goes. What is it PT Barnum used to say??

To each his (or her) own, I guess. [:/]
Personally, I see the "scheme" as otherwise reprehensible. Go apply yourself towards earning a living in another way. There's all kinds of resources on the internet too BTW. ...Have you perhaps otherwise just missed the term (method): "Ponzi"? Do a google on it. Somehow, I think THAT ONE would probably be a good one for you. B|

Thanks Michael, for having cleared that one up!
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Since, my health is preventing me from doing the heavy construction, as I used to do, I've been looking for way to minimize my expenditures. My goal here, rather than to make money per se, is to just to get more time in the tunnel. So, here's the deal. Since, I am now too poor to afford all the tunnel time I need to get to the level I want to be, the idea of running a raffle occured to me. I raffle off 100 tickets for a half hour blocks for $5 each. The winning number, you get to pick you number unless someone else already did, is based, after enough tickets have been sold for one block, on lottery's daily pick three, just to maintain confidence in the impartiallity of the selection process.

So after driving around to DZ's and raffling off two half hour blocks, the two happy winners each get a 30min block for $5, and I get a fifteen minute block and some gas/lunch money for all my driving around and other expenses incurred through implementing this capital idea!

Cheers

Oh, by the way the Ponzi idea is a form of arbitrage: Where the same item on one market has a different price on another market, and one buys on one and sells on the other, attempting to make a profit. As Ponzi found out, it it usually harder to do, than appears at first look :|