TXBLKBEAR

African American SkyDiver! What?

I'm black, I'm female... and I was looking for national african-american groups online when I found this thread. I intend to go for AFF lessons, just did a tandem for my birthday and that was incredible. Glad there's ONE other black person out there enjoying it! :) Everyone else is missing out, seeing the view from a porthole in a plane only!!! ~Tif

We have two at our dropzone. One is a very successfull guy, a VP at a big bank.

Were you in some airborne unit? In the army we had a bunch of black dudes, but all of them hated jumping. Well most of them anyway. My best friend used to say: "you white boys are crazy! why the hell would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane?!" That was before i ever knew what a wuffo was :)

Hey here is an idea - an all black way! Hey they do deaf and Bob ways, so why not?
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

I'm not racist, i have lots of black friends

LOL in my experience the people that say that are the worst racists. Closet racists.

I have no black friends. Except for a couple that I was very close with when i served in the army.
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

having said all that, if you're ever down by houston do come to Skydive Houston in Waller, it'd be a pleasure to jump with you sometime. :)

Dude you're an idiot. You spit in the guy's face and then say "let's jump together".

Black dude here but I live in England though so theres not many of us outside of major metro areas. Stick with it. I hope youre not discouraged. Race is the last thing on my mind when Im at the DZ. Im all about having a good time and being safe. Some sort of all black way would be cool though.

It's funny... I didn't realize this was a 2-year old conversation I replied to... I revived an oldie!

And I jumped at Pepperell Skydive here in Mass.... I had wanted to do it for years, so I did it for my birthday... but now I wanna take the lessons. :)