Anvilbrother

Does anyone make a main with a clear top and bottom skin?

The canopy, a MT-1S, was made by Para-Flite. It is 270 sq. ft. and comes in 7 cell and 5 cell configuration. It is made of a light grey F-111 type material and only looks clear because it is back lit.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

But looking at flying canopy from the ground on a nice day would have a similar effect... no? Or would it be similar to the cool ethereal glowing effect of a white canopy with brightly colored ribs?
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

The closest you're going to come is a white top & bottom skin with colored ribs.

There's a jumper here in OK who has a Stiletto like that, with rainbow-patterned ribs. According to PD, it was an absolute bitch to build, but was worth it when it was done.

When the light hits it from the top, it looks just like stained glass.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

The closest you're going to come is a white top & bottom skin with colored ribs.

There's a jumper here in OK who has a Stiletto like that, with rainbow-patterned ribs. According to PD, it was an absolute bitch to build, but was worth it when it was done.

When the light hits it from the top, it looks just like stained glass.

Why would it be a tougher to build than any other multi colored canopy?

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

There's a jumper at my home DZ with a sky-blue main canopy.

Against a nice blue sky it's... well... the same colour, it being sky-blue and all. It gives a very good impression of looking at a guy floating thought the air with nothing out. If it's a nice clear day you really have to look hard to see what the hell is going on... especially when he's up at 2-3k.

It's a very pretty effect. I saw someone with a main (Pilot maybe?) that was white with blue ribs... very pretty indeed.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Why would it be a tougher to build than any other multi colored canopy?

Since it's all laser cut, I don't know. Maybe it was a problem for the seamstresses.

He had the canopy over his shoulder, walking back from a jump at Quincy (2000, I think) and the PD rep saw him and said, "You! You're the one that ordered that damn canopy! Looks like it was worth it from the air!";)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

This was a routinely ordered pattern for many, many years. My Stratocloud was white with black ribs. I've seen any number of canopies that were white with various colored ribs. All of my custome canopies have had specifically custome colored ribs to make the fade or rainbow work better. Don't see any reason to make it harder other than they have to got out each color.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

That sounds very dangerous to me... I don't think I'd want to be in the air with someone that's hard to see.

I have a canopy with a "clear" (white) bottom skin. On night jumps I tape a microlight/led to my helmet and switch it on after I deploy. My entire illuminated reflecting canopy functions like a huge lighted billboard that says, "Hey, I'm over here!" and enhances safety IMO. I haven't had any close calls with the canopy during the daytime.

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

I think there's a similar situation with airlocks. Brian Germain may have a restriction on color combo's for this reason.

The Airlock issue is related to dark colours - apparently it's too difficult to simultaneously sew both airlocks to the ribs if the ribs are too dark. And yes, there are restrictions on rib colours - I couldn't get Navy ribs on the Samurai I've got on order.