Lazycreation

I'm about to do my first tandem jump do you guys recommend 1800 sky rides san diego drop zone?

You can use the handy dropzone locator on this site to find the DZ that's closest to your exact location - you will find several top DZs in Southern California and their contact information. Contact the DZ directly to schedule your jump.

If you go through 1800Skyride there's a good chance your jump won't even be in Southern California, let alone San Diego.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/dropzone/finder.cgi
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Anyone else see this, think of the lawsuits that are going on, remember that threads from this website have been mentioned in the lawsuit? Fishing expedition?

Agreed. Any whuffo smart enough to find this site before their first jump would most likely be smart enough to read about the lawsuit on the front page of this site.

I've been wrong before, though.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Is that a place thats worth jumping, i dont know much about skydiving, but like every first jumper id like to start and good place and not my last

Absolutely YES!

800 SKYRIDE is the best thing to happen to this sport.

They offer a vast array of options when you purchase your first Tandem skydive.

Here is a list of prices I copied off of their website if anybody is interested.

Basic Tandem skydive from 7,500ft (MSL) ($225)

Weather insurance ($35): This covers you if there are too many clouds or it gets too windy. They won’t charge you until you actually make the skydive!

Cutaway insurance ($25): In the unlikely event that the main canopy malfunctions, your Tandem instructor will need to “chop” the main canopy and deploy the reserve. You will not be charged for the recovery/replacement of the main canopy & freebag, nor will you be charged for the repack of the reserve.

Aircraft/Altitude upgrade ($120): Provides a genuine turbine aircraft, which gives you the option to jump from a higher altitude of 15,000 ft (MSL) Note: this option is only available in Colorado/Utah.

USPA certified Tandem instructor ($85): USPA rated instructors have to meet a stringent set of requirements to receive their Tandem rating. When you visit your assigned dropzone, look around back. You will notice a trailer park or “ghetto”. These people are NOT USPA certified and they use outhouses. It is very important that your instructor is competent and sober in order to make for an enjoyable and safe skydive. This option is highly recommended.

Hope this helps out!
UntamedDOG

Is that a place thats worth jumping, i dont know much about skydiving, but like every first jumper id like to start and good place and not my last

Try English next time...[:/]

You're being a little harsh here wouldn't you say. It's easy to make spelling and grammar mistakes especially when you're typing fast. Now if these posts were part of the work that an editor would do, then mistakes can not be tolerated. But this is not the place to criticize people for their spelling and grammar. Plus who's to say that this person's mother tongue is something other than "English".

Yes we need to discourage people from using "1-800-sky-ride". But what's wrong with informing people who may not know better that there are better alternatives to this source (like what UntamedDog has done).

Back to your regular scheduled programming of wasting people's time.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Aircraft/Altitude upgrade ($120): Provides a genuine turbine aircraft, which gives you the option to jump from a higher altitude of 15,000 ft (MSL) Note: this option is only available in Colorado/Utah.

BWAHAHAHAHAHHA.....that's a good one considering all but one DZ is above 5000' MSL to begin with.:D You should change it to they will let you have O2 on the plane.
Fly it like you stole it!

Who are you?

He is the little man that lives under the bridge. Can you say Troll?

I'm more concerned with it being someone looking to solicite a little bad-mouthing. It is said that SkyRide has mentioned comments found on DZ.com and are using them in counter suit.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Who are you?

He is the little man that lives under the bridge. Can you say Troll?

I'm more concerned with it being someone looking to solicite a little bad-mouthing. It is said that SkyRide has mentioned comments found on DZ.com and are using them in counter suit.

Yes, you can spell Troll.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

It's seem silly paranoid, but when you look at the second thread lazy started, it does stink a little.

"My cousin booked 2 tickets, i want her to cancel it, which ways can we use to get our money back, we are sceduled to jump tommarow thnx "

This does feel like fishing for more evidence of the great USPA/DZ.com conspiracy against those poor Southern boys.

It's seem silly paranoid, but when you look at the second thread lazy started, it does stink a little.

"My cousin booked 2 tickets, i want her to cancel it, which ways can we use to get our money back, we are sceduled to jump tommarow thnx "

This does feel like fishing for more evidence of the great USPA/DZ.com conspiracy against those poor Southern boys.

whaaaatt!!!!! after hearing all the bad things about skyride why would i want to jump from there, i asked everybodys opions they all said NO, so why would i want to put the money for a company that has suits and what not on them

From this post it is obvious that you are trolling .... whats funny is this is a public forum, most of us talk shit....

I almost bought skyride when I first started thinking of jumping.... I had no knowledge of anything about skyride being in my opinion a bad business until about 10 jumps or so

On that note if someone buys a certificate and they enjoy their jump good, it brought them into the sport and if they have a bad experience it is their right to express ill will as long as its based on facts. There are avenues to protect consumers.... these include the BBB and other consumer affair companys...

I still think your a troll, either Ben , Cari, or tinkerbell ..... wonder if that would be considered entrapment if HH was able to determine who the person is?
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

The thing is, is that you won't be jumping with the 1-800-SKY-RIDE people. You'll be jumping with the good people of Skydive San Diego. It's just too bad that you didn't know that all you needed to do was contact them (Skydive San Diego) instead of going through the 1-800-SKY-RIDE blokes.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over