clint

Your opinion please!

I think Sid is right, there's no women in your ad. Men like women and will go where the women are.
Maybe your tandem master should be a woman! :)
One with big boobies that we'd all like to be strapped on to! :)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I have to agree with everyone that a female passenger would be a better bet. The picture is really good but 2 large males smashed together doesn't shout " YOU'VE GOT TO TRY THIS" to the masses... especially in Utah.

The person who blacked out the picture and resized it to fit sure did a fine job.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Is the background image accurate, over the LZ, or was this a special jump done to get good images?

I'd be very disappointed if the actual jump was over less interesting terrain. Would be SkyRide league.

Otherwise, yeah, just put a woman in there as the passenger and you're ready to go.

Is the background image accurate, over the LZ, or was this a special jump done to get good images?

I agree that this is important - the picture should be over what you normally see.

It also looks like there's only one person under canopy, but I'm not 100% sure due to the image size.
You might put in a picture of a tandem under canopy. Reason why is, whuffos might think "Oh sh-t,
we fall together but I have to land the parachute by myself!! Aaaahhhh!!" and get scared off.

Another thing in the "make it simple for the whuffos" direction: the "120 mph" point in the box might
make people think the _airplane_ is going 120 mph. Maybe having the last few lines look something
like this would be a little clearer:

* Over 35 Seconds
of Free-fall at
120 MPH!

This is a less strong suggestion, and you may have already done this, but: if you're using a 1-800 number
in the ad, also consider putting your regular phone number in as well. Couple of reasons: when your ad
with the naked female tandem instructor gets posted on the Internet, causing people all over the world
to want to jump there, it's hard (and not free) to dial a 1-800 number from outside North America. A
more mundane reason: A DZ that I jump at subscribes to 1-800-Skydive and uses that as their phone
number on their ads, literature, etc. This is mostly OK for them because a lot of their tandem business
comes from a major metro area (5 million +/-) that's about 45 minutes away. But for people like me that
come in from another state, 1-800-Skydive won't connect me to them when I'm at home. I've wanted
to call them before and had to dig through a couple of pieces of paper before I found their "real" phone
number.

If you use any of these suggestions, we can discuss my very reasonable consulting fees. :)

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

I'm thinking of using this picture for an Ad to bring in tandems.

I think you're crazy to be in tandem freefall that close to someone else's open parachute!

Well, at least that's what an experienced jumper is going to say about that photo.

But for the whuffos that won't matter, and I agree with what everyone else is saying.

Don't know if it matters to you, but last time I was in Vegas they were handing out brochures for Skydive Las Vegas that looked very similar. But not bad looking by any means, just strap a hot half naked blonde on the front of the tandem in the next one.

S
=
=
-some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain,
that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain