matereti

How far will DZO go in insulting you?

How about?

"Joe, can I bring my dog to the dz if I clean up after him"

Bet he would have said "no"

But the old I "might spend a lot of money with you....maybe...IF we train there...."

got you a smart reply.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Why fight over dogs??? I mean ok you might wanna bring em... but if he says no well it is his DZ> Theres many things i hate about Uk skydiving, the constant regulation but hey i jumo here and will not criticse or moan because its not worth it. If i don;t like it then well either "put and shutup" or "don;t jump".

Some people might be rude becuase of other reasons - bad day, a lot of problems... and an email message can be taken the wrong way. Maybe speaking about to him in person you would get his right meaning.

But I also realise when saynig things im a newbie so have no right ot sya what is safe or not withthe rules. SO i follow em and keep my ass out of trouble;)

He Goran, its John.

I dont know how well you know Joe, but nothing he says is ever meant as an insult. And he is not actually the DZO, Billy is. Joe owns the school.

I have never seen Joe try to be nasty with someone. He's funny and will try to push buttons, but is a genuinly nice guy.

I am suprised you even asked him about this. I would love to see you bring your dogs back to the ranch just like everyone else does. As you should well know as many signs as they want to make, there are no rules at the ranch. If you wanted to put in the time to keep your dogs out of peoples sight, you could have done just that. At any given time I can find 3 or 4 dogs on our do dog dz. There were 3 dogs under the great hall during our club meeting last fall. Its never inforced until a dog pisses on someones canopy. And even then its handled in house. Just ask Dennis.

Anyway Joe isnt nasty, he's funny. It was probably just the plate shifting in his head. If you could see it from this side you would see that.

Hope to see you back.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

I think you should do what you really love. Give up skydiving and open up a pet shop or perhaps a Doggie Daycare

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That there's some funny shit. Sorry bro but suck it up thats some funny shit. Ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer as someone else already said.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I dont intend insult with this, but the fact is if you ask a silly question you can expect a silly answer.
You asked if you could bring your dogs to a DZ with a no dog policy. That falls firmly under the silly question category and you got a silly answer as a result.

To be precise, he offered a compromise solution with the dogs kept at a specific place, to see if that could be accomodated.

--
Not sure what bad luck a lot of you people have had.

Hollister has a couple dogs, Monterey one, Byron has a few regulars. Haven't seen any problems, or any angry jumpers.

Does that suggest something about the dogs, their owners, or the jumpers in general there?

I don't think the no dog policy is at question here; it sounds to me like the DZO's dickish attitude, and rude, uncalled-for repsonse is the issue. It says more about his character than his policies. IMO

Well, Joe's been around skydivng longer then I have been alive. So what might be considered a dickish and rude attitude by politically correct "joy-joy-happy-feelings-make-me-feel-good-about-myself" skydivers of today, is probably nothing more then a good hearted joke by a veteran skydiver. IMO
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

But my question is how much good can things like this do for sport?
Also were is this sport going in the end.... seriously I was expecting simple NO.

How much good can bitching about a private matter about some petty joke on the internet can do for the sport?

How much fun would a simple NO be?? :)
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

Personally all I want to say is, WHat ever happen to customer service? That's what sucks in this world, nobody gives a shit about people anymore. If you run a business I'm a true believer that you need to have good customer service skills. He could of said pretty much the same thing in better words.

what is this, a Skydiving Club or Burger King? Cant have it your way. But! Would you like some cheeze with that whine, sir? :)

I am going to have to run with everyone else from the ranch who knows joe...

if joe said something like this I would always assume that he is being silly as joe will be...

as far as the dog goes I can understand it...I have had my 1700 dollar canopy stepped on by a dog not a very good feeling...

Cheers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

thanks to everybody who gave me an honest answer, no meter where they on my side or not.
honestly there should not be sides in the whole story.
I think I've got my answers.
might got insulted little bit too fast, but let's put it this way I might be pissed for long time not knowing the answers.:D
BS
Goran

Hmmm, A case of thin skin?
They have pills for that you know.:P

first of all, it's billys backyard, PERIOD If he says no dogs, then its no dogs. kinda like when your friends expect you to piss in the toilet instead of on the floor. Out of respect, you do as they wish or risk not being welcomed back. MONEY or NOT

i jumped at the ranch for 11 years and brought my dog every now and then. only once did i bring my dog when i was jumping. he ended up chasing billy in the cessna on takeoff run (i was in the plane) then sat in the middle of the runway until i landed. billy had to buzz the runway to make the dog move. he wasnt pissed and kinda laughed when the dog walked under the spinning prop.
BUT, OUT OF RESPECT (or FEAR?)
i never brought my dog back if i was jumping again. and even then mostly at night.

i dont think tieing your dog in the woods while your jumping is being a responsible dog owner, tie them up at home. and if your dogs cant be alone for that long. Well thats your scale to balance, not billys.

as for joe,
his response was great, at least 8 out of 10, i am suprised he didnt ask if you thought you were special or something or if you could watch his dogs while you were at it.
actually i am suprised he had time to respond considering how much time it takes to rig the wind meter now a days
(kidding)

SLACK: a word found between shit and syphilis in the dictionary (yea i know, i need a dictionary)

not however found at the ranch.

(yea i know, i need a dictionary)

blue skies and brown doggie doo

g

I am going to have to run with everyone else from the ranch who knows joe...

if joe said something like this I would always assume that he is being silly as joe will be...

as far as the dog goes I can understand it...I have had my 1700 dollar canopy stepped on by a dog not a very good feeling...

Cheers

Dave

didnt some other dogs tie condoms on your toggles making for safe flying and put baby powder in your d-bag making it smell baby fresh instead of like doggie feet?

Hmmm, A case of thin skin?
They have pills for that you know.:P

first of all, it's billys backyard, PERIOD If he says no dogs, then its no dogs. kinda like when your friends expect you to piss in the toilet instead of on the floor. Out of respect, you do as they wish or risk not being welcomed back. MONEY or NOT

i jumped at the ranch for 11 years and brought my dog every now and then. only once did i bring my dog when i was jumping. he ended up chasing billy in the cessna on takeoff run (i was in the plane) then sat in the middle of the runway until i landed. billy had to buzz the runway to make the dog move. he wasnt pissed and kinda laughed when the dog walked under the spinning prop.
BUT, OUT OF RESPECT (or FEAR?)
i never brought my dog back if i was jumping again. and even then mostly at night.

i dont think tieing your dog in the woods while your jumping is being a responsible dog owner, tie them up at home. and if your dogs cant be alone for that long. Well thats your scale to balance, not billys.

as for joe,
his response was great, at least 8 out of 10, i am suprised he didnt ask if you thought you were special or something or if you could watch his dogs while you were at it.
actually i am suprised he had time to respond considering how much time it takes to rig the wind meter now a days
(kidding)

SLACK: a word found between shit and syphilis in the dictionary (yea i know, i need a dictionary)

not however found at the ranch.

(yea i know, i need a dictionary)

blue skies and brown doggie doo

g

Yeah you might need one of those pills.
As I've said I got my answers.
Also I don't think you know the whole story.
Like I usually come with my wife there and she is watching them..... but that is whole another issue. Just please don't tell me I should leave my wife with them at home.
Bottom line he shouldn't respond in a such a manner no meter what it seems to me like you and Joe come from the same school of english. My letter was polite his answer was pile of doggie doo:ph34r::D

dude drop it man he said no in his own way . just like you when you whinned in your own way it doesnt do nething to the sport except for prove that somepeolple have nothinh else to do but bitch about stupid shit respect what he want or go somewheere else where bitching is a common thing:S

Since it got dragged on to the forums, my only comment is that all personal nature aside, cause I dont know any of the parties involved. As a business man a more straight forward professional response would probally have been the right choice.

I don't know how these guys know one another, if they do at all, but regardless of who your customer is, how they phrase thier questions, or how stupid you think that person is... answering thier question in a more professional way will always leave you open to earning more money.

Maybe they don't care about that?

I don't know. Just throwing it out there.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I think you should do what you really love. Give up skydiving and open up a pet shop or perhaps a Doggie Daycare.
Blue Skies, Joe Richards

I think he was trying to be funny and you took it as an insult.

If he had just said "NO" would you then be posting how unfair or how mean he was?

There is a no dog rule, you asked for special treatment, and he answered with something that some (not you, but some) found funny.

I'd say he was just trying to be funny and you over reacted.

Just my take however.

Anyway I don't think unsupervised dogs or unsupervised children belong at a DZ.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I think you should do what you really love. Give up skydiving and open up a pet shop or perhaps a Doggie Daycare.
Blue Skies, Joe Richards

No offense, but that response made me laugh pretty hard.

He probably thinks you are slightly preoccupied with your dogs...and I would tend to agree with him.

I agree.. Thats some funny shit.

Blue Skies, Joe Richards

I think he was trying to be funny and you took it as an insult.

If he had just said "NO" would you then be posting how unfair or how mean he was?

There is a no dog rule, you asked for special treatment, and he answered with something that some (not you, but some) found funny.

I'd say he was just trying to be funny and you over reacted.

Just my take however.

Anyway I don't think unsupervised dogs or unsupervised children belong at a DZ.

If he just said no I will never post a thing. No is no in my dictionary. Being a wise guy is another story usually opens a can of worms.>:(
yeah I might over reacted.....:S