rendezvous

Audible Altimeter.

Yea, I have to agree with Phree on this one. I have heard nothing but good things about that company. Ask skreamer about it. I just bought a protrack and can't wait for it to get here, and I haven't even bought a helmet yet. Maybe I can just staple it to my head or something. :D
"Can't keep my mind from the circling sky. Tongue-tied & twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I."

Speaking of timeouts, I had a guy at my DZ try to sell me one of the older 1 warning time outs for $75. He insisted he was giving me a good deal, but I didn't go for it. It's interesting how some people try to take advantage of people who are new to the sport or who don't stay current with prices on equipment. Oh well, Caveat Emptor. If you aren't willing to do your research, you deserve to be had.
"Can't keep my mind from the circling sky. Tongue-tied & twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I."

Time outs are no longer made by CoolnGroovy. I forget the name of the guy who's taken over.
I've got a time-out and it frequently flat-lines while descending under canopy (and I'm only loading at about 1.8). Very annoying. Personally I'd recommend finding the extra bucks for an L and B product.
Geoff

$75?????? WTF....I bought mine (old one with one warning you can set...the other two fixed at 2500 and 1500) for $30 plus another $6 for a new battery. Mine has never gone off under canopy but I'm only loading at 1.3 so that might be the difference.
"I got some beers....Let's Drink em!!!"
Clay

Uhh.... whats wrong here?

I'm only loading at about 1.8

Thats by far not a liggt loading and in a high proformance dive a loading that high might even be enough to trigger a student Cypres, not the Expert one though. You could easly be in a dive steep enough to trigger the Timeout or even a Prodytter while under canopy.
I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

Its ace lens man Colin Bridges, camera flier with VNE. He spent a lot of time as Georges right hand man so knows all about CnG.
They are gonna be rebranded Tehm Oot, he he he.
BTW, I used a protype new model for a while and it was really good, just as loud and easy to use, but it fitted real nice inside my Gath.
I'm gonna get a Pucca one next time I'm home in the UK as I can't find a dealer that has em here in the US.

Nah, it was just a pre production model of the wee skinny new Time Outs, George gave me it to test out at Vichy, back in 2000. The new model has the same functions as the last basic Time Out (not the Evolution) but is way smaller. The software is the operating sofware built into the gismo. It doesn't do anything fancy, unlike the Pro Track or the Evolution.

I have one of the new ones...bought it at TSO-Outlet and love the thing...it was only 135 bucks..and I can even hear it in my mindwarp it is so loud...no complaints from me...I say go with the time out...cheap loud and does the job for ya...
marc
"...a mind stretched with new idea's will never regain its shape"

TSO outlet is at Deland.....same store as Emily Lee's Jumpbubble...but run by a different person. good prices and the time out now is WAY thin as some one else had said...and the price is great too....
marc
"...a mind stretched with new idea's will never regain its shape"

Yes, but don't become dependable on it. You might forget to turn it on!
I bought one a few weeks back. I think when you start jumping with larger groups of people its a fab idea. Its so easy to get carried away with the moment.
I also had a couple of bad dreams about not being able to read my alti!
Just remember to continue using your normal alti.