phonics1981

How Long? How many?

Following suit from the Skydiving: How Old Then, How Old Now? thread, I thought it would be interesting to see how many jumps everyone has in relation to how long they've been jumping

Ive got 15 jumps in 4 months (UK Weather!!!)

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"

I thought it would be interesting to see how many jumps everyone has in relation to how long they've been jumping

17 jumps in 2 months (first jump on 24th May 03).

Would have been more, but the good old Scottish weather is a factor, particularly when still on student status. :S

86 round SL in 11 years (man, those landings)

571 skydives in 5 plus years. (not including MFF's)

I like to average about 100 jumps a year. When I first started 80 was my goal. Now, I'm getting about 120 - 140 jumps a year.

Also do camera work and picked up my tandem rating this year, so hopefully, numbers will pick up.

600 in two years actual jumping (about a year of downtime in there for surgeries (not skydiving accident related). Otherwise I would be around 800-900.
Still going, and going, and going.... watchout rabbit!
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

[Reply]

Ive got 15 jumps in 4 months (UK Weather!!!)

It seems to me that you've done quite well for British weather - I'm on 4 static line jumps since doing my 1st jump course in November 2002, and a friend who's yet to jump since the same course. I think I've got about 1 jump for every 4 days at the drop zone. It seems every time I go the wind picks up just too much for students, so we sit around watching qualified people fall while we stew. Its a little annoying to spend 5 days sitting around and only getting one jump. I'm looking at doing a progression week, but knowing my luck a hurricane will decide to bed down over the DZ then.

oh well - must stop ranting really, I'm sure I'll qualify some time before my centenary.

I'm looking at doing a progression week, but knowing my luck a hurricane will decide to bed down over the DZ then.

Probably! I booked my AFF Course for Easter weekend this year, hoping to get through at least half of it... Cos of weather I only got 1 jump in on the bank holiday monday then, just as I was dying to get another guess what? Yep. Wind.>:(

"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"

First aff on friday 13th june. 35 jumps since then! Hopefully be forty by monday.

Anyone want to sell me a freefly friendly rig with around a 190 main. please get in touch!