iluvtofly

Best Way To Get $$$ To Jump

Hey all. So I just recently got my A license. ;) Now I'm completely hooked. My roommates think I'm nuts because everyday I watch the same skydiving videos that I downloaded and talk about it nonstop. I just recently graduated college and am in the search for a job. Does anyone have any ideas of what kind of job will allow me to jump evenings and weekends? I can't find anything that won't interfere with my jumping. Unfortuantely only having my A license I can't be an instructor or coach yet. Please help. :|

Packing parachutes is hard work, and it pays reasonably well for something that you do at the DZ. It pays you for how hard you work, that's for sure.

Most 9-5 jobs will let you jump weekends; evenings depend on your proximity to the DZ. One thing to consider is that if you plan your whole career around skydiving, you might end up in a less interesting job in the long run. And you'll be spending a lot of time at your job most likely.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You're a real blue flame special, aren't you, son? Young, dumb and full of come, I know. What I don't know is how you got assigned here. Guess we must just have ourselves an asshole shortage, huh?
You think you understand the situation, but what you don't understand, is that the situation just changed.

some good suggestions here regarding 'skydiving' related ways to get money,,,
but there are also Non jumping ways...
Spend less than you make..Stash money in a cookie jar or a coffee can. Money which you saved , by NOT buying a new CD or DVD or video Game...
Pack a lunch rather than "going out" for lunch,,, ( I Know I Know,,, BORing....:S:P;) well sitting on the ground at the DZ while your pals are getting in the plane,,,,, THAT'S pretty boring too....:)
Stay the hell outta Bars !!!!!.. you can burn through plenty of lift tickets by going there...and then ( if it's the weekend) you're shot the next morning...
Deliver Pizzas, shovel snow,,, mow lawns,,,sell your belongings on ebay...
Use your imagination.. If you still have Youth on your side.. get going, and find a way to generate "surplus" income....
then use that to skydive with.....
good luck
jimmy

Dont forget selling blood and other "fluids", vital organs and "unwanted body parts", as well as prostitution. While your at it . . . sell your home and live at the dz, your life will be perfect .... promise!

Oops forgot the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags ...
You think you understand the situation, but what you don't understand, is that the situation just changed.

-- Special agent Utah! This is not some job, flipping burgers at the local drive-in! Yes! - your surf board bothers me! Yes! - your approach to this whole damn case bothers me! And yes! - YOU BOTHER ME! And Pappas! Oh, for the love of Christ. How the hell did I even let you talk me into this whole bone-headed idea to begin with.

-- Harp! We are working under-cover. It takes time. We've produced a few...

-- NO! No no no no no no NO! Let me tell you what you've produced... Over the last two weeks, you two have produced exactly squat! SQUAT! During which time the ex-presidents have robbed two more banks. Now for Christ's sake, does either one of you have anything even remotely interesting to tell me?

-- I caught my first tube today... Sir.

Yes ...... we are geeks !!! and this is a helluva way to hijack a thread !!

...While your at it . . . sell your home and live at the dz, your life will be perfect .... promise!

Well, depends on your idea of "perfect" but it's working out for ME...except for Mondays when I have to clean up behind the DZ Kidz whose Mama doesn't work here anymore.

[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I hear yah . . . I lived at the DZ part time this year . . . I think I'm gonna move into my trailer permanently soon. At least its paid for. Kinda hard to pick up chicks with a 1973 Voyager mobile condominium!! Chicks can be really shallow like that ...:S[:/][:/]

Bring tandems!, Sell plasma, pick up an extra odd job, move into a garage (living with a few people of the opposite sex who don't speak english, might be a bad idea though), quit going out (no bars or restaurants), or you can just find yourself a sugar mommy....lol jk.

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

The funny thing for me is that I have loved that movie for years before I started skydiving. Its such a cheesy but awesome movie and me and my brother have been watching it since I was about 8.

My favorite part is when Ronald Reagan (swayze) is at that gas pump and he usues it as a flamethrower. I think about attempting that everytime I fill up but Id rather not be incinerated.
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

"Uh, Utah, get me two."...

I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a dead rhino, I should have had you get me three of these

"Let me tell you something, Harp. I was in this bureau while you were still popping zits on your funny face and jacking off to the lingerie section of the Sears catalog. But there's something I've learned in all my years..........Respect for my elders !! "

I'd have a better chance with the Voyager...they REALLY don't go for the bunkhouse.
:D:D

Well you're absolutley right there, they arent big fans of the "open concept" living conditions. The privacy and coziness of a nice weathered old trailer is all they need.B|B|

"Uh, Utah, get me two."...

I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a dead rhino, I should have had you get me three of these

"Let me tell you something, Harp. I was in this bureau while you were still popping zits on your funny face and jacking off to the lingerie section of the Sears catalog. But there's something I've learned in all my years..........Respect for my elders !! "

Do you think that taxpayers would like it Utah,
if they knew that they were paying a federal agent to
surf and pick up girls?

Babes.

I beg your pardon?

The correct term is Babes, sir.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You know nothing. In fact, you know less than nothing. If you knew that you knew nothing, then that would be something, but you don't!!

Think we can petition for a sequel?? The long-awaited return of Johnny Utah !! Id pay to see that in a heartbeat. More 5 minute freefalls from 4500 feet !!! I just cant get enough!!!!