autoset

Worldwide skydiving population

>>Worldwide skydiving population <<

There aren't enough experienced skydivers worldwide, active or not, to fill a decent sized sports stadium.

Take it a step further and all the world's BASE jumpers could squeeze into a decent sized nightclub.

NickD :)BASE 194

>>Worldwide skydiving population <<

There aren't enough experienced skydivers worldwide, active or not, to fill a decent sized sports stadium.

How about if we all Demo in to a decent sized stadium?

Take it a step further and all the world's BASE jumpers could squeeze into a decent sized nightclub.

are you including those that are inactive?
I'd prob still agree. So who's renting out the night club??

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

PANTS

I've been skydiving for one year, at one DZ and already know 5 base jumpers. (Note I'm not stupid enough to consider joining this group of nutters). I think you'd need a very very large nightclub for the worldwide base jumping population.

Same argument for skydivers but cant be bothered to write it out
With love in Christ

Then again as you gain time in the sport and travel to various DZs around the world..

"WTF is that dude doing here? I saw him in Spain last year and Sweden the year before".

Or you meet some guy you think you know and it turns out that 5 years ago he was jumping on the same team as your current team mate. It's a small world and an even smaller community.

A small portion of the active skydivers does a majority of the jumps worldwide, that's been my personal experience. And I ain't that active @1200 jumps and five years.

Then again as you gain time in the sport and travel to various DZs around the world..

"WTF is that dude doing here? I saw him in Spain last year and Sweden the year before".

Or you meet some guy you think you know and it turns out that 5 years ago he was jumping on the same team as your current team mate. It's a small world and an even smaller community.

I can't disagree, but you are talking about a section of the community that travels to skydive. There are many more who are happy to jump at their home DZ once a week / month who never travel because lifes priorities will not allow it. At my home DZ there are about 20 to 30 travelling skydivers and probably equal numbers of regular jumpers who do not travel.
With love in Christ

WHen asking for this number how do you count one-time tandem passengers?

That brings up an old question. "Are tandem passengers really skydivers ?" IMO they are not.

I agree. Passengers are passengers, no matter the type of aircraft. Airplane passengers are not considered pilots after one or two flights, and tandem students are not skydivers.

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

Add your name to the list slackers. How can we get an accurate count and have a definitive number of skydivers with this attitude?

List of active skydivers worldwide
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

1. Sam

2. Darin

3. Jim
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Another thing, In your opinion do you prefer the sport to grow as much as possible or want it to stay "underground"?

Underground?

:P

Look, all our fun begins at altitudes AGL (That is "Above Ground Level") where it's safe to jump out with a parachute.

"Underground" is hardly the right word.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Another number I always wanted was how many total skydives were made within a given year in th U.S. I don't know if that's kept track of, if DZ's report total jumps monthly, yearly, etc.

If you had that you could make a number of, Total U.S. Skydiving fatalities/Total U.S. Skydives. I heard a 1/100,000 number once and wondered if that's how they got it.
>-/oMy Space

PANTS

I've been skydiving for one year, at one DZ and already know 5 base jumpers. (Note I'm not stupid enough to consider joining this group of nutters). I think you'd need a very very large nightclub for the worldwide base jumping population.

Same argument for skydivers but cant be bothered to write it out

ROTFLMAO!

You do realize who you are arguing with, do you? :ph34r:
Remster

Add your name to the list slackers. How can we get an accurate count and have a definitive number of skydivers with this attitude?

List of active skydivers worldwide
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

1. Sam

2. Darin

3. Jim

Come on motherfuckers get your single digit World Skydiving number now!! :D
but what do I know