Philly215

Almost old enough to jump - AFF is 1595, good price?

Well now it's closer and the 13 year wait since i was 5 to jump will be over! The place I'd be going to is Free Fall Adventures in Williamstown, NJ, im pretty sure its the closest to me being from South Philadelphia.

Save $100.00 and get a FREE SKYDIVE by purchasing the entire program including all 9 student skydives and ground school. $1595.00

So after the tandem which is 149 and 30 for gear, it's 1600 for ground school and 9 more jumps. Is this a good deal?

I'll find out when time gets closer. Right now I'm just looking around. But I figured the tandem would decide if it was for me or not. The tandem is separated for that purpose and not included in the fee. if you like the tandem and decide you wanna go all out, then you buy from jump 2 onto 10 and the ground school. 1795, 1595 if you buy it all together after the tandem

Just have "in writing" what this DZ's refund policy is. Seriously.........

Have a great time!

Here's a link that may answer some of your questions.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2743613;search_string=cost%20of%20AFF;#2743613

25 jumps for $735

That's more then double the jumps I posted for less then half the price. Was that post correct? That averages 29.40 a jump compared to the 160 AFF cost here. Or is he talking about regular jumps?

I did mine for about $1100 to get through AFF, and a total of $1900 for the 25 needed to get my A. A big question, though, is what does your price include, and from what altitude?

Mine was a C-182 from 10,000 feet, no video. I managed to make it through without having to repeat, but some of the jumps I had to be MOVING. Having since jumped from up to 14,500, I think it would have been worth a little extra money to have so much more time to get through the freefall learning objectives.

If its like what I did, cessna, 10k, no video, then it might be a little high. If that's from an otter at 14k with a cameraman jumping with you on every jump in addition to your instructors, that's a fantastic price. In between, who knows?

This is the second thread asking about AFF programs and both note a "tandem" jump as part of the program.

Did the AFF program change? Or is that the DZ just adding bits and pieces?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

It's not that the AFF program has changed as much as most DZ's have recognized a certain increase in AFF Level 1 performance (or should I say a decrease in first jump anxiety) if a Tandem is done first... The more we use all or most of the tools in our arensal (tunnel, tandems, etc.), the greater chance that when one chooses to progress beyond the "Do it once in my lifetime;" the greater their success and higher retention.

At our DZ, we've incorporated AFP, IAD & AFF and educate the customer on the categorical steps towards the "A" License and the full ISP. Student retention is up as is the number of first time students (Students are selling skydiving more than we are). We've gone from needing more students to needing more Instructors and another airplane.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Just have "in writing" what this DZ's refund policy is. Seriously.........

Have a great time!

Here's a link that may answer some of your questions.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2743613;search_string=cost%20of%20AFF;#2743613

25 jumps for $735

That's more then double the jumps I posted for less then half the price. Was that post correct? That averages 29.40 a jump compared to the 160 AFF cost here. Or is he talking about regular jumps?

Apples and oranges. Wildfan is talking about a static line program at a cessna DZ in Minnisota.
The program you are considering at Cross Keys (freefall adventures) is AFF, Turbine aircraft, and higher altitudes.
AFF DOES cost you more, but generally (not always) gets you to your A license with fewer jumps.
__

My mighty steed

Well now it's closer and the 13 year wait since i was 5 to jump will be over! The place I'd be going to is Free Fall Adventures in Williamstown, NJ, im pretty sure its the closest to me being from South Philadelphia.

Save $100.00 and get a FREE SKYDIVE by purchasing the entire program including all 9 student skydives and ground school. $1595.00

So after the tandem which is 149 and 30 for gear, it's 1600 for ground school and 9 more jumps. Is this a good deal?

I'm not advertising for them, but I could have swore that The Farm had a deal going where you got AFF and all jumps up to your A, so 25 jumps in all, for something like $1500 or so. DO NOT QUOTE ME on that.
I know I paid $995 for my AFF progression.
Not at the Farm[:/]
Skymama's #2 stalker -

AFF DOES cost you more, but generally (not always) gets you to your A license with fewer jumps.

?? By the time you have 25 jumps both S/L students and AFF students are on the same level.. I don't get your comment. :S

Mind explaining your statement about why AFF students will get their A license faster?
http://planetskydive.net/ - An online aggregation of skydiver's blogs.

?? By the time you have 25 jumps both S/L students and AFF students are on the same level.. I don't get your comment. :S

I followed a static line progression and it took me about 29 jumps to get my A. This seems about average to me based on what I have heard from other people I have spoken to that followed the static line progression.

AFF students seem to get there with a few less jumps on average
but the per-jump cost is higher for AFF jumps.

I assume that is due to the fact that we static line students dont get nearly as much freefall time as a student as AFF students do and require
a little longer to pick up those skills as a result.

Whats not to get?

In my opinion, stating that at 25 jumps static line and AFF students are at the same level is not accurate.

Here. I'll throw one of these in here, too:

:S
__

My mighty steed

http://www.freefalladventures.com/advanced.html

14,000 feet. and all the gear is included.

So it's 9 jumps, 2 instructors, and 14,000 feet jumps with ground school.

You won't have 2 instructors for all 9, typically. In the classic 7 level AFF, you have them for 3. This place says it uses the ISP, but that program goes by letter categories (a, b, c, etc), not numbers, so it's unclear what you're getting from 9 levels rather than the 7 or 8 used by AFF programs. It could involve some of the post AFF coaching requirements, or it could be them selling you an extra AFF jump for no added benefit. If it's to give you a built in 'failed' level, then great.

I think it important to note that if you are purchasing an "AFF package" that includes a certain number of jumps at a discounted price, that price does not include any subsequent costs that might be associated with repeated levels. It is very common to need to repeat a level in AFF/AFP programs, so be prepared to spend more than you are quoted. If you get it done in the alotted number of jumps that come in the package, great, but don't be surprised if you end up spending more. This applies to many, if not all dropzones.

they tack on an extra $30 for gear on the tandem jump????

sounds like the "big plane" fee at skyride DZs :S

MB 3528, RB 1182

they tack on an extra $30 for gear on the tandem jump????

sounds like the "big plane" fee at skyride DZs :S

Thats just marketing bullshit.
The tandem is 180 bucks which is right in there with most big DZ
__

My mighty steed