Blassiter

Skydiving in different countries?

at least it will work in most canadian DZs ...

but you can use the «dropzones» section on dropzone.com to see if the nearby dz will accept your uspa license as valid ...
--------------------------------------------------
I never used 2 rocks to start a fire ... this is called evolution !

In my young skydiving career I have visited a few countries and was able to use my USPA license, I thought I would need a BPA license in Ireland but that was not the case. Best bet is to contact the DZ or look at their website and find out directly from them.
~Freedom is never free

Good idea.
USPA licenses are recognized in most countries.

While serving with the Canadian Armed Forces, I skydived in: Austria, Canada, France, West Germany, Holland, Puerto Rico, Portugal, USA.

I was also invited to jump in Denmark and Norway and England, but the weather did not cooperate.

I've jumped in the Netherlands, Spain, England, Ireland, Germany, US, Greece, Italy, and Estonia with my USPA and no issues. As everyone else said though, british DZ's require a BPA membership.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

I am an Australian Parachute Federation member. An APF sporting licence is accepted by all countries I’ve jumped in, as a qualification and experience document. But APF liability insurance is not valid out of Australia. For this reason, a number of countries mandate membership of their organisation to be able to jump there. Many countries offer temporary membership, perhaps for this reason.

An exception seems to be a great many European countries. All I have jumped in accepted my (then) BPA membership.

If you are jumping in a new country, ensure you clarify the liability insurance question. If you must join their association to be covered, then simply do so, would be my main comment.

I’ve jumped in Australia, Papua New Guinea, USA, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Sweden, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Sth Africa, India, Jamaica, Hong Kong, Greece, Turkey, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Japan, Holland, Switzerland, and others that I cannot think of right now.