skydivermom

How many jumps did you have...

Before you got pied for your 100th? I know there is no statute of limitations on being pied, but I would have thought it would have happened by now. Did anyone else have to wait too terribly long to get pied? I did my 100th last December, and hit 151 last Saturday. What's up?

I guess I'm just looking to get it over with, and I hope Lindercles does not see this.[:/]

Seriously, how long did you have to wait?
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

I never was. I did however recently get pied for getting my AFFI rating. There was a period of time when it wasn't really big at my DZ. I know a couple people with over 1000 who haven't been pied.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I did my 100th at another dropzone and made the mistake of going back to my home dz that afternoon to drink BEER, nobody made a big deal out of it, until I forgot about it (3 BEERS) and WHAMMO, EL PIE-O to the FACE-O, and everywhere else.

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!

Before you got pied for your 100th? I know there is no statute of limitations on being pied, but I would have thought it would have happened by now. Did anyone else have to wait too terribly long to get pied? I did my 100th last December, and hit 151 last Saturday. What's up?

I guess I'm just looking to get it over with, and I hope Lindercles does not see this.[:/]

The same day. People who wait a long time to pie people, or find out that somebody wasn't pied a long time ago and pie them, are dicks.

No pie on number 100. Never saw it coming on my 1000th, and they got me good. I think its important to get someone the same day, before their next jump if possible, definitely needs to be that weekend.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

The same day. People who wait a long time to pie people, or find out that somebody wasn't pied a long time ago and pie them, are dicks.

Brian did you just hit 1000 jumps? :ph34r: hahah kidding.:P
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Pied for 100??. when did we start with that. I got pied for my 1000 2000 and 5000th. If I see a person getting pied I think, hmm I wonder which thousand it is.

If you pie for 100 maybe you should also pie for AFF grad and first H/P maybe first skyvan, Otter, 206. perhaps we should stop bringing beer for our firsts and just allow others to pie us. Much cheaper that way.

I just did my 5000th last week, I got water dumped on me when I landed (no damage to gear). I got pied later at the beer truck (couch freaks) After washing up I was asked to help pie a couple people who had just done 100. I was amazed, for 100?? I said..., why. I would be more then happy to take the time to give them a congrates. Pie, no way.

Being pied is a special thing. It means a lot. It signifies a major milestone in the sport. sure 100 is a milestone, maybe enough for a cupcake:ph34r: but save the pie for the big ones.

HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I got pied in the middle of putting on my first locking stow while packing on a 10 minute call for 101. I showered, cleaned the pie off my d-bag, packed and ran to the plane just in time. The others on my jump dubbed it the "Pie 'n Pack".
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

This is very confusing, I thought getting pied at 100 was the norm. Now it seems that pies are reserved for jumps ending with three zeros, rather than two.

My friends waited about 10 minutes and staged a very elaborate pie with video event. I loved it and would love to pass that on to every person reaching that milestone.

Many suggest that the 100th jump should be a nekkid jump, but that doesn't always work. I've heard of nekkid jumps, but have never seen one. Might someday do one myself (when no one is looking). Pies are pretty easy and shouldn't offend anyone.

I vote for a good serious pieing at 100, and again at every thousand.

MH

This is very confusing, I thought getting pied at 100 was the norm. Now it seems that pies are reserved for jumps ending with three zeros, rather than two.

Getting pied at 100 is new to me. Our bunch used to only do it a thousands. I got pied at 1000, 2000, then started keeping my mouth shut.;)