Lawdog1

Most fun jumps in one season

Newbie question directed mostly at northern seasonal jumpers. Instructors and camers flyers aside, what is the highest number of fun jumps you have made in a season. . . say March through October?
I know most have exceeded this but so far I only have 61 but I'm still renting gear, and I can't spend all day at the dz

Thoughts?

if you want to make a lot of jumps you are going to have to find some way to be at the dz all day. When you are there have fun of course, but you do not screw around and don't be bullshitting wasting preciuos jump time between jumps. The more you jump the better you will get and the more you will have fun.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

I did around 550ish total jumps last year.

I would say around 350 to 400 ish of them were fun jumps. The rest were tandem videos. This is in wisconsin, but we jump all year so...
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

The more you jump the better you will get and the more you will have fun.

In my experience and observation, I find this is only true if you active try to get better. Jumping out of a plane a lot of times won't naturally make you a better skydiver. I've seen some people who jump like crazy just for the sake of upping their #'s and it's embarassing how bad they are. They won't take 5 minutes to plan or debrief a jump because it means they'll miss the next load. With no plan, you never learn anything (or learn very very slowly)

you are right, I did not put that in because I did not want to write that much. Yes, plan the dive and dive the plan always be working on something is the way to get good quickly and stay that way. That is one of the first things my buddy told me to do when I started freeflying.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!