Darktreader

Is this formation possible?

OK I dont know alot about formations, but just a small idea poped in my head and thought this would be cool to see. It may have been done manytimes but I havent ever seen it. I drew a very simple stick man sketch on an attachment. I would like to see if you can position into a hybrid and then flip into an inverted hybrid, with the bellyflyers in a seated position, toes up while the middle man is head down it might be hard to fly it but worth a try I think...whats your input??
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

I know people who have taken your first picture and flipped it 360*

as if the two belly fliers did a barrel roll.

I've also seen (in picture)someone stand on 2 belly fliers.

I dont know if HD is possible because the burble would make the HD flier fall fast and the neck is not as sturdy as two feet.
My photos

My Videos

I figured the HD flier would have to hold some weight as if doing a handstand but the wind from the fall would help balance. I would still like to see this so if anyone has pics or video or links send em. I have not heard of a name for it...I was thinking "Anchor" because it looks like an anchor.
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

It's been held that way? or was that part of a rotation?

It was a block move. I believe Mandrin did it the vRW comp.
:D:D

j/k Mandrin guys...you know I luv ya.
:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I know people who have taken your first picture and flipped it 360*

as if the two belly fliers did a barrel roll.

I dont know if HD is possible because the burble would make the HD flier fall fast and the neck is not as sturdy as two feet.

I've been part of that as a rotation. If the hanger drivers forward and up and the base barrel rolls as he get horizontal, then you can weasily roll the whole thing over. Very fun.

It could be done, although I haven't seen it myself. As others have mentioned, you can barrel-roll the whole thing and achieve it momentarily, but to fly it stable like that would be more challenging.

You'd want the head-down person to fly as slow as possible (daffy, as having your legs wide and out to the side wouldn't do anything because they'd be in the burble of the back-fliers) and have the people on their back go as fast as possible (legs tucked in, almost in a ball position) The back-fliers have to focus on looking past each other at the horizon to keep the thing on heading and not spinning and tracking all over the place, and the head-down flier has to focus on keeping his or her head and torso straight and directly above the center of the formation.

edited to add: btw "anchor" is already the name of one of the randoms in the 4-way VRW dive pool

See page 25 (I think) of this months skydiving. :D

Anyhow, the way I have always seen the ones built with people standing on top is with a hanger that lets go from the bottom after the top guy docks. There is quite a bit of momentum that gets transfered up, might be a little more than a person doing a very spread out hand stand could endure.

You could probably get a really slow head down flyer to just dock up there, but I think it defeats the purpose somewhat if its just a freeflyer tweakin himself out to go really slow. That's only my opinion though. Doing this with someone also hanging from the bottom would be easier and still look cool.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Getting to do that exact thing. I'm going to be the hanger and anyone who has jumped with me ***wildcard*** knows i'm a SSSLLLLOOOOWWWW faller, I'm also expecting to hold some weight (ie. handstand). Should be fun. I'll let you know how it goes.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Getting to do that exact thing. I'm going to be the hanger and anyone who has jumped with me ***wildcard*** knows i'm a SSSLLLLOOOOWWWW faller, I'm also expecting to hold some weight (ie. handstand). Should be fun. I'll let you know how it goes.

please try to get a video or still of it if you can pull it off I would love to see that! good luck!!

I've been head-down flying as slow as I could go and I docked on belly flyers before with no other hangers. They were wearing a bit of weight and arching hard to up their fall rate for me.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Mikey from outbreak.

http://www.outbreak-freefly.com/.../handstandhybrid.jpg

this is very close....but what i was refering to was taking a standard hybrid and rotating it into stand with the belly flyers in sit postion almost like a sit-n-reach, i think it would definately speed up the fall rate to help the head down flyer.

this is very close....but what i was refering to was taking a standard hybrid and rotating it into stand with the belly flyers in sit postion almost like a sit-n-reach, i think it would definately speed up the fall rate to help the head down flyer.

Why would they be in sit? Your original drawing showed the two lower flyers in a horizontal attitude, so that would be back-flying. Sit-flying is vertical, so wouldn't match your drawing.

I have been in a 3-way hybrid with the hanger where we rolled the whole formation. I have video, too!

As far as building this, I'm no head-down expert as I currently only fly head-up, but I was wondering if you could build it by taking three head-downers, the outside flyers face in, the centre guy takes their chest straps, the outside guys take grips on each other hands/arms and then the outside guys do a quick transition to backflying. I imagine it would be difficult and the centre guy would have to take a reasonable amount of weight during the transition which would make keeping the whole thing balanced rather difficult, but would be kinda cool to see.