gNemo

Skydiving - the life, the women

We have SO much better stories than golfers though - especially if you tell 'em: "I fell out of a plane and reached around towards my butt only to find I had a monkey-fist and almost bounced trying to get it unsnagged."

Thought provoking...

Far outweighs any story with the word "putter" in it :)

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

All you have to do is find a girl the doesn't mind you working all week with the sole intention of being gone all weekend, coming back ~ broke, drunk and smelling like a goat.

...Not always easy to find, unless of course you can lick your eyebrows too! :$

Hit it on the nose! Guess that's why I haven't had a girlfriend for the 3 years I've been in the sport(that and I can't afford one anymore b/c all my $$$ goes into jumping):P

I was married for 10 years ( going thru a divorce now) he started jumping 5 years into our marriage, I started at 6 years into it. I like to say that we split up due to A.I.D.S (air induced divorce syndrome) but in reality, skydiving has very little reason behind our failed marriage. Sure after he became an instructor he spent weeks at a time at the DZ w/o coming home, but our marriage was already history at that point. I think it is like anything else, it is something fun that people can have in common. Its not something that can make or break a relationship and if it does, there were issues already.

When I met my girlfriend I told her that I was a skydiver and that it was important to me. I basically let her know that she wouldn't get in the way. In the end it didn't work too well, because she loved to bring it up and use it against me and tell me that skydiving was more important than her.

What I basically had to say to her is "Duh, I told you the day that I met you".

Then again, she was a pill popper for years and addicted to prescribed hydrocodone which she abused. When I would say that I shouldn't have to quit doing something that I love, she would say that neither should she and that popping pills and skydiving are no different.

Oh, contrare my friend.

She is off the pills now and she is pregnant, but in the end she got kicked out of my place for using skydiving against me one too many times.

Now I think she knows a little better where she stands. Even though she still doesn't seem to grasp the idea that she knew what I was into when she met me and I should never have to quit for her or anyone else. Which I will not.

Dating a whuffo is not a problem if you get the right one. I've been with my current girlfriend for about 5 months. I dated girls before her who had absolutely no problem with it and never said a negative word once.

Careful with your comments; some of us actually have goats.

My name is uh Borat. How much?

:D
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Sure there are some women out there who will be intrigued if they find out you're a skydiver. There are others who couldn't give a shit. If you wander around talking to people about like you think it makes you special or different or better, you'll just come off like you're up yourself, and nobody likes that.

Then there are skydiving chicks who won't even date non-skydivers.

Heck, I'm not even sure I would date a belly-flyer!

Freefly all the way. Doing it horizontal style is for the ground.:D

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Then there are skydiving chicks who won't even date non-skydivers.

Yes - but statistics there are currently very much in your favour.

I'm not saying there aren't cool skydiver girls out there - there definitely are, but the average mal skydiver has at least as good a chance of finding a "ready-made" skydiver girlfriend as he has of making one by turning a whuffo.