A1CSpooky

If you are a pilot... Did you stand up your first landing?

No. It was a PD 9 cell 190, before this jump I made 30 jumps with a T-10 round canopy so I felt I was going to fast to the ground and I decided to PLF.

Cielos Azules

Ok sorry, but what is PLF? I've been trying different words and the only thing that keeps popping into my head is Poo Less Fart.

Spooky

That's PLF Parachute Landing Fall ... as opposed to the commonly performed PFL, the Pisspoor Fucking Landing.

Come to think of it, I did stand it up my first jump, on a ParaCommander. It was a tippy-toe soft landing on Terra Firma ... after smashing through the tops of Elm and Poplar trees about 40 feet tall.
Zing Lurks

The subject pretty much says it all. Your first truly solo piloting job of your chute did you stand it up? What size shoot were you flying at the time?

Spooky

Yes, stood up my first, but think that was mostly luck and someone calling my flare via the radio. I found that being a pilot sometimes worked as a "disadvantage" on more than a couple occasions. ie. Ya can't fly a big ass pattern like in a plane:o or add power when you get into trouble....

edit to add: Can you fill out your profile....

I'm starting to think that you are putting too much emphasis on you being a pilot and those skills transferring over to skydiving.

If you're a , how well does those skills transfer over to skydiving? We get those questions all the time, no different than yours.

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.

I'm starting to think that you are putting too much emphasis on you being a pilot and those skills transferring over to skydiving.

If you're a , how well does those skills transfer over to skydiving? We get those questions all the time, no different than yours.

I apologize,

I'm not intentionally trying to, but I guess I've just worked myself into a frenzy about starting and I guess I was just looking to see what someone with a similar aviation background had experienced.