DougH

Average number of D licenses per year?

Does any one know on average how many d licenses are issued per year?

I am trying to decide if I should just send in my paperwork for my d license or if I should wait it out and try for a number that I think will be special.

I would like to get D30,000 but we are almost 600 away. If that is going to take the next two years I guess I will just say screw it.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I hear you Nick.

I am already proud to have earned my D in less than two years since I started AFF. I have come really far since I started, so I will be pleased just to carry the application around in my log book for a little while.

I still think it would be cool to get a nice round number.
=P

In the past the USPA has handed some of the numbers as honorary licences. George Bush Sr recieved D-20000 as an honorary licence, I wouldn't be surprized to see the USPA give away D-30000 for a future VIP.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Yes of course.

Well, you could call headquarters and find out what D number they're on at the moment, then fax your form in when it's 29,999 or something. :P

Not sure they will do it for you though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I am thinking I can make friends of that employee and bribe them with a nice steak dinner, or a trip to a nice spa. :ph34r:

They are only up to 29,351 as of this morning, which brings us full circle, and back to my original question. :ph34r:

=P

I am thinking I can make friends of that employee and bribe them with a nice steak dinner, or a trip to a nice spa. :ph34r:

They are only up to 29,351 as of this morning, which brings us full circle, and back to my original question. :ph34r:

In the December, 2007 Parachutist, the last D number issued that is listed is 29098. So that means roughly 250 issued so far this year. Average of a little less than 50 a month.
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

In the December, 2007 Parachutist, the last D number issued that is listed is 29098. So that means roughly 250 issued so far this year. Average of a little less than 50 a month.

That sounds about right. A good friend of mine (we made our 1000th jump together) got his D license two weeks before mine - 18855. That was back in the fall of 1996.

Remember when USPA upped the D requirements from 200 to 500 jumps? There were no D licenses issued for a couple months. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thanks Crash, I thought it was pretty XXXXXXXXXXTREEEEEME. ;) (Sorry I just had to).:D

As a rule I try to only land on my head while performing other types of diving (muff, high, etc) you have a good point though. :ph34r:

=P

Send it in with a case of good beer and a nice note!;) What skydiver could turn that down?

Maybe I can have Omaha Steak Company stick the application in a box full of steaks. ;)
=P

Dough I take anything from you as a compliment....

Speaking of extreme, You still have not said if you are going to be out bait for the next Comerical, all expenses paid to SA or Egypt, all you have to do is attract the sharks.

We'll make sure your ok, (When i say "ok" i mean will make sure we get the shot)

With the "cough " cough" Xtreeemee thing.. I am from Gen X so i just can't help it, sadley i am that person from the mountain dew advert..... (i thought about it yesterday, (i'm the love child of bill and ted, its really scary and slightly embarresing) although personally i think mountain dew is for pussys.

I prefer tp drink vodka between shots, normally by eye balling them on my way up to alltitude :P

And i don't pull low..... my cypress does it for me B|

You can PM your awnser about the shark shot.. I'm betting you'll say no, but you could surprise us all!!

What's so special about 30,000? It isn't special in base 8 or base 16, or binary.

PRIMES, or PERFECT SQUARES, now they are special in any base.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ok, Game on, can you dive????

If you can it would be great, if you can't you need to get at least your open water!!!

And you need to have a really good think about it... i'm not shitting you when i say I will organise this, as it would make quite a funny story.

You sure your ok with sharks, and hanging out with mountian dew drinkers, if you get here and pussy out, your on your own, and South africa aint too friendly right now!!!

I'll PM my details to you once we have a green for go with the budget. we'll see if we can get you on board, and see if you need to get a diving cert or not!

The shot is in 2 months or so, July i'm guessing 4 days sunday - thursday, shot will be done in 1 day, the rest will be cocking around me thinks

Dive???!!!! I can't even swim. Are you going to teach me how to swim at least? Then again that might make for more XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME footage. :ph34r:

=P