Tuna-Salad

Weird skydive dreams?

One of the published side effects of Chantix is "vivid" dreams. It is also the only side effect I've experienced so far.

So, in the past week I've had two dreams where I attended boogies that were held entirely indoors. Packing, boarding the A/C, landing, swoop pond, drinking, you name it-INDOORS.

The other thing that stands out is that in both dreams, I was about the youngest person in attendance. That is ummm... not usually the case.:$

Clark

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.

I've had 3 dreams about skydiving. It's always a dark cloudy day and I always pound in with some kind of mal, get up and walk away. The last one, I landed smack in the middle of the swoop pond, nothing out, and three of my jump buddies dragged me out of the pond and lectured me about the no pull thing. I woke up in a cold sweat with my heart pounding. Best medicine I have found for it is to go jump right away and chase the booger man off.

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

I had a dream last week that I was doing a 3way rw jump and we were falling so slow that we could talk to each other. At 800 ft, I said "Ok im breaking off, peace out!" and broke off and deployed. canopy didnt fully inflate by the time the ground came yet I landed softly without injury. :D

I've had that same dream! :S
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

I don't know if any of you have heard of this, but there's something I think they call "Lucid Dreaming." I read a book about it some years ago. And the idea is to get to the point where you know full well you're dreaming but you can control it somewhat.

One of the exercises the book suggests is before falling asleep you tell yourself that if you later realize you are dreaming you try to look at your hand. If you can master that then you can make other things happen in your dreams.

I actually got as far as looking at my hand, even to the point I awoke a few times and remembered doing it. But ever since then I've been over reaching and trying to get that girl to . . .

NickD :)

I don't know if any of you have heard of this, but there's something I think they call "Lucid Dreaming." I read a book about it some years ago. And the idea is to get to the point where you know full well you're dreaming but you can control it somewhat.

One of the exercises the book suggests is before falling asleep you tell yourself that if you later realize you are dreaming you try to look at your hand. If you can master that then you can make other things happen in your dreams.

I actually got as far as looking at my hand, even to the point I awoke a few times and remembered doing it. But ever since then I've been over reaching and trying to get that girl to . . .

NickD :)

I have "lucid dreams" all the time. Sometimes I can control everything and sometimes I can only control myself ... either way, they're plenty of fun!
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

The bad part about "lucid dreams" is when something is about to go your way and you wake up right before. Then, after rambling some profanity in your head about how you 'almost had it/her/etc etc', you try to fall back asleep hoping it will continue where it left off. I don't think mine ever continue [:/]

"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

The bad part about "lucid dreams" is when something is about to go your way and you wake up right before. Then, after rambling some profanity in your head about how you 'almost had it/her/etc etc', you try to fall back asleep hoping it will continue where it left off. I don't think mine ever continue [:/]

i can! :)
and always get her. plus the superhot friend of the first hottie. and they're always blondes.. :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

i can! :)
and always get her. plus the superhot friend of the first hottie. and they're always blondes.. :)

You mind sharing?!?! Gees people these days! Loyd it's like you have 2 pairs of gloves on and I have none and you dont ask to lend one until my hands are frozen! :P
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

to be honest, on those type of dreams, it's mostly three.. :)

and they're all very "hungry", not only for me, but for themselves too.. :o:P

and no, i dont share my hands with you, you can do the dirty work yourself.. :|

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

and no, i dont share my hands with you, you can do the dirty work yourself.. :|

So....so that....that wasn't you that just did that to me?? :| Well who was it then? :o i feel so embarassed for yelling your name the whole time! B|
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

i'm shocked this post got this many replies.. glad to know i'm not the only one.. As someone said before after I had this dream about a dirt buffet i went and jumped.. my chix thought I was insane but I told her "sooner or later I will have a mal.. could be this jump could be 100 from now but the dream and worrying won't stop it from happening."
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

The only one i've had is upon deployment I look up to find a 20-30 sq ft canopy above my head. It's a weird shape, very long horizontally and skinny. It's a white/transparent color with a nasty thunderstorm clouded sky behind it. All is fine until landing of course, when I come in at like 100 mph and leave a HUGE rut in the ground as I skid along it with my feet. Once I stop I am about 5 feet down and the cloud of dust is all over. Brush it off and walk away casually B|

Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

For years I've had a recurring dream where I'm at a boogie and see multiple 20-ish way formations end up in the basement back-to-back and watch a bunch of people go in after dumping at like 150 feet. Usually a few of those people are ones that I know personally instead of nameless faces.

Oddly, that's the only skydiving-related dream I have ever had. Never had one where I'm personally in freefall or even in danger.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

Not really a weird skydiving dream...but you know that dream where you feel like you're falling and it wakes you up? I used to get those all the time. I haven't had that one since I started skydiving. Always thought that was kind of odd.
Just once I'd like to be called "sir", without someone adding "you're inciting a riot".

Had my first skydiving dream.

I was practicing sit fly in a barn, it was kind of tough, kept running into the roof and having to bail to my back. Weird enough I know but I don't sit fly, I started learning in the tunnel but only did like two rotations. In my dream, the barn had good air flow & lots of hay but it wasn't moving.

:D

according to my partner i talk in my sleep,
but everything i say is skydiving related, like: "it's ok, we know everyone on this load" "your going for a ride.. - wat type of ride- a reserve ride"
organising a stack on the door. the list just goes on!!

but i do rember quite a few of my dreams,
from having mals, to wicked wierd jumps. i was even a pilot once... and compleatly fucked jump run and landed the plane on the other side of the city (i'm not becoming a pilot).

I love skydiving dreams
*IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED... SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!!!*

Ok, so I am way too new to be having skydive dreams...I guess...but I won't be surprised if\when I do. My job involves firearms. I've had numerous dreams where I NEED to shoot someone who is a threat to me, but I can't seem to pull the trigger without herculean effort...like the trigger pull is 100 pounds. However, I never die in these dreams, just can't seem to fire as rapidly as I need to. Off topic.....perhaps, but I anticipate the psychosis of these dreams will manifest again once I start jumping solo. I hope not, but whatever..[:/]

Braz