ailithir

what's the AFF beer deal?

And no cheap stuff. And bottles only.

If a person can afford AFF, they can afford to cap it off with a case of good beer, . . . in bottles.

Some student bought a case of Steel Reserve, . . . in cans. They must have thought the name was cool. One of the worst beers I have ever tasted. One of the very few in my life I poured on the ground. It sat in the fridge for at least a week - - unheard of at the DZ. It was THAT bad.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

If a person can afford AFF, they can afford to cap it off with a case of good beer, . . . in bottles.

People should bring whatever they like to drink. If you don't like what they bring, you're free to not drink it.

If a person can afford to skydive, they can afford to buy their own good beer in bottles.

A "FIRST" anything requires beer in this sport.....

I was told a first anything once you graduate AFF, so my "first multiple jump in one day" on AFF levels 3 and 4 did not require a beer. However, once you graduate, there can be A LOT of firsts. First time riding the plane with someone less experienced...first staged flairing...first hop and pop...first time without a jumpsuit...first time jumping on a Wednesday after calling in sick for work while wearing mismatched socks and listening to a Madonna song on his Ipod and in need of a haircut...hell, just tell him to bring a case each time for quite a while.

People should bring whatever they like to drink. If you don't like what they bring, you're free to not drink it.

If a person can afford to skydive, they can afford to buy their own good beer in bottles.

I am aware of my freedoms. And I do bring my own beer and beer to share, almost every trip.

My original statements still stand on their own, along with my freedoms and along with the beer I bring out very regularly.

PHHHHHTTTTT!;)
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I've only bought beer once. A single bottle at the Christmas party for one of my "most flown" AFF instructors.

I've gotten away with a lot, including my 100th jump with no pie in the face.

Suckas. :ph34r:

Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

no kidding. You have a GREAT selection.
see ya this weekend. Gotta find something else that is a "first" for you.
Hmmmm First time wearing my yellow rig? First jump on your new rig? First time in a new jump suit?
We'll find SOMETHING

I've gotten away with a lot, including my 100th jump with no pie in the face.

So obviously you're feeling neglected that you didn't get pied. I'm sure someone from Chester will notice your post on here and remedy the situation in good time. There is no statute of limitations on pie. My 100th jump pieing came almost 2 weeks and 30 jumps later. The most recent pieing at my home DZ was almost 2 months after the jump - mostly because he buggered off and didn't come back to the DZ for that long.

no kidding. You have a GREAT selection.
see ya this weekend. Gotta find something else that is a "first" for you.
Hmmmm First time wearing my yellow rig? First jump on your new rig? First time in a new jump suit?
We'll find SOMETHING

Spot, you just tell me what you like and Ill see if I can find it at the Class 6. God knows I owe you a shit-load of beer for hooking me up with a rig. Too bad I wont be out this weekend (well maybe Sunday we'll see I still need to fill out my log book and get it signed). Did I jump your yellow rig? I cant remember. Anywho, if I do come out you can rest assured Ill bring some T.A.B.'s (tasty adult beverage's) to the dz.;)
Muff #5048

I was told a first anything once you graduate AFF, so my "first multiple jump in one day" on AFF levels 3 and 4 did not require a beer. However, once you graduate, there can be A LOT of firsts. First time riding the plane with someone less experienced...first staged flairing...first hop and pop...first time without a jumpsuit...first time jumping on a Wednesday after calling in sick for work while wearing mismatched socks and listening to a Madonna song on his Ipod and in need of a haircut...hell, just tell him to bring a case each time for quite a while.

Seriously? I mean, yes, you will often hear people joke around about the "f-word", but that's mostly joking around.

There are several reasonable beer lists to be found on the intertubes. As a general guide, beer-worthy events are usually:

- significant firsts (eg. first cutaway, first 100-way formation, first 4-stack)
- milestones (eg. every 100th/1000th jump)
- licences and ratings (eg. A, B, C, D, Coach, AFFI, Tandem)
- screw ups (eg. busting the beer line on landing)

Also, think of it as a chance to meet new people, learn from others and pass on what you have learned as well. That's the whole point of the beer tradition, although getting ripped with your new mates doesn't suck, either.

I think that AFF fits in there. First jump on a Wednesday wearing mismatched socks? If you really want to buy beer for everyone for that reason, don't let me stop you, but don't let anyone try to convince you that's a beer-worthy first.

And remember, while it's always good form to buy beer that people are likely to like, it's your beer. Buy whatever the hell you like and if people don't like it, they don't have to drink it. ;)