tbrown

No More Stickers !

The gray Shark Air Otter at Perris has a nice new coat of paint. It's still a gray shark, but the gray is a couple shades darker and it really looks slick. (Anyone know if any other work was done, as the Perris Super got new wings before being repainted as the blue shark two years ago).

But ANYWAY, not only that, but the interior has been repainted white from stem to stern. And NO STICKERS. Apparently the FAA said the stickers had to go - "they make it hard to read the exit signs". This is what I was told. (How can "Vaginas are awesome" possibly be confused with "Exit" ?)

I know the Feds have been talking about cracking down on jump planes again, but no more of those beautiful stickers ? I feel safer already......

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Tom... has the DZ come out and stated the "no more" stickers policy? Or is this just "hear say"?

Maybe they need a bunch of stickers inside the airplane that say, "NO STICKERS"! :D:P

Anyway, I wonder if anyone had the stones to point it out to the Feds that there isn't any self respecting skydiver with more then a few jumps under his or her harness that wouldn't know the way out of an Otter. :o:P:):P Oh well, it may have been fun for a momemnt or two to see their reaction, but in the long run, they would have just bent the DZ over more. :(

Be glad it isn't spray paint!

Skydivers can fuck up an anvil.

:D:D:D:D:D

The FAA may have a point here. There are definitions of legal and permissible placards in an aircraft.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Be glad it isn't spray paint!
Skydivers can fuck up an anvil.

:D:D:D:D:D
The FAA may have a point here. There are definitions of legal and permissible placards in an aircraft.

So I take it a sticker with a picture of a finger with a caption, "In case of emergency, pull this" would be out.

So I take it a sticker with a picture of a finger with a caption, "In case of emergency, pull this" would be out.

No, i think thats acceptable because it's honest. I am sure if the plane is going down people are going to stop holding their farts they normally hold until the door light comes on ;)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Tom... has the DZ come out and stated the "no more" stickers policy? Or is this just "hear say"?

When they brought the new plane out of the hangar a couple of weeks ago, manifest announced it over the PA, pointing out the shiny new paint job and interior. They also stated "no stickers" at that point. Word from one of the Perris staff that I talked to is that they're pretty serious about the no stickers policy.