Golden Knights Plan Presidential Birthday Jump

From the USPA web site.

According to a press release, The U.S. Army Golden Knights will perform a tandem jump on June 12 with the 41st President, George H. W. Bush, as he celebrates his 85th birthday. The event will take place in Kennebunkport, Maine, as family and friends gather to observe the former president's jump. Mr. Bush's first parachute jump took place during World War II. Since then, he has made several jumps with the Golden Knights. His most recent jump was in 2007. Robin Meade, anchor of HLN's "Morning Express with Robin Meade," will make her first tandem jump at the same time. CNN and HLN (formerly Headline News) will feature prominent coverage of the jumps.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

Seems like he's increasing the frequency of these jumps now. USPA should give him an honorary A number. Heck, he might actually earn it in time. Short of a stroke, the guy will probably be fit till the day he dies.

USPA already gave him a D number. D-20000 it was.

Hi Phos8,

Nope, his first 'modern' jump was an AFF but after that, the 'powers that be,' got justifiably nervous and talked him into a tandem. He did hit his head on exit on his AFF jump.

But you got to give him kudos for even doing a tandem at his age; or anyone at that age. B|

JerryBaumchen

A quote from 41 upon landing:

"Just because you're an old guy, you don't have to sit drooling in a corner.":D:DB|B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

So more importantly if you were the Golden Knights who you you try and get as your student? The X-Pres or the HOT reporter Robin Meade?
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I don't think they had any video of Robin in the air, only landing. Anyone see different ?

No. I watched most of it too.

I saw one wind dummy land, then her tandem, then the three camera fliers that vid'd Bush, then Bush's tandem. I didn't see any camera fliers land before her tandem.

The only vid I saw of her (other than the landing) was in the plane sucking O2 and talking with Bush.

I thought the video of Bush's jump wasn't all that great. The only footage I saw started at the drouge toss. NO door or exit footage:(. That's the best part!
The freefall footage was excellent, though. Not to rip on the Golden Knights. It may have been CNN's editing.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo