Atmodude

Atmonauti

Its not a tracking dive. Its a WHOLE lot steeper then a tracking dive. Think of the dive you are in to swoop to a big way. Now imagine flying that angle the whole skydive with someone leading it. Atmonauti can be done in stand up too from what I've seen.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

It's just freeflying at 45 degrees. It's a refined from of flocking.

Freefly started with camp fire dives and went to ... welll, what it is now.

Atmonauti seems like a fancy name for flocking in a more controlled way.

If not, some body tell me how I'm facutally wrong.
(don't lay that spritual zen mumbo jumbo on me again, please) :P
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Quade, you prolly already know this, but it isn't as easy as it sounds.

Generally speaking -- everything is.

I just don't see the need for the fancy-schmancy name and "invention" of a "new" discipline when it pretty much already exists. There are various levels of refinement to be sure, but . . . get real.

It's kind of like freefly™.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

the feeling is different when flying in that angle, the pressure of the ait on the body is different also what allow you to built stuff and do thing you almost can't do in flockdive or tracking without falling in depressions. Can you go feet first in a tracking dive, i never have seen a flower in flockdiving also from i know. I was just asking if someone is doing atmonauti...my post was not for meaning to start a pol around it if it exist or not :-) i think it will be a forever discussion...

Let's put it this way, if you get to Perris and ask Eli, Fritz, Alaska Jon or Mike to do whatever kinda dive you wanna do . . . I'm gonna bet you they can do it. Any angle, any position, any time and they're gonna call it fun.
quade -

Any angle, any position, any time and they're gonna call it fun.

Ok... So what you're saying is: The next time that I want to organize a Pylon race, I should say, to everyone at the DZ, "Anyone who wants to make a FUN jump, just get on the next load!!!!"

Can you imagine a couple of pylons, a bunch of racers, and a bunch of people just trying to maintain proximity on the same fun jump?

That is a sure-fire way to get someone hurt or killed if you ask me. Dude, categories help...opening/freeing your mind doesn't mean closing the door behind you.

David --

You're kinda taking things out of context there.

The guy asked if he could get the kind of dives he wanted at Perris or Elsinore. I wanted clarification on the name some folks have given it.

The answer is yes, he can get the kind of jumps he wants.
quade -

the feeling is different when flying in that angle, the pressure of the ait on the body is different also what allow you to built stuff and do thing you almost can't do in flockdive or tracking without falling in depressions. Can you go feet first in a tracking dive...

yes i know several people who can. Dont most people do multiple docks in tracking dives? ;)

Atmonauti is a steep and threfore higher skill level track, but your still tracking. Most end up as really high speed tracking dives at break of anyway as you gradually transition to horizontal with the additional speed...

the air feels the same from every angle :)

I wish?

:::digging around for shirt that says "I"m sorry, does it look like I care?":::

It's freeflying at a 45, yes?

is to flocking what AZ Airspeed is to a zoo dive

is to flocking what Fly Boyz is to a campfire

is to flocking what CRW is to canopies flying relative

Can you tell me how I'm wrong other than "it's a zen thing," or is that it?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*