Atmodude

Atmonauti

Its not about numbers, its about attitude.

We take people with less jumps on bigway atmonauti jumps. As long as they are safe, they can join the party!!! From there on its making airtime and practice...

So if you're in Perris the next couple of weeks. Look up my bros Steve & Marc... They are real atmoJUNKIES and are for sure willing to take you in Il angolo!

www.c9freefly.com

yup, looks like a tracking dive, just a bit steep with everyone in their slots
oh wait 45 deg of angle and we need a new name right?;) :P...

i guess i've need to change the word 'tracking' to 'atmonauti' in my log book.... do i owe 5$ for each entry that could get expensive the way we track at eloy...

wish i could come play but i'm still healing...do you have to call it atmonauti to get on the dive? a rose by any other name and all... B|

Tracking (flat diagonal flight) is horizontal movement with the torso predominantly horizontal with respect to the ground.

Atmonauti is horizontal movement with the torso at an angle between tracking and flocking, but preferably close to 45 degrees with respect to the ground.

Flocking(steep diagonal flight) is horizontal movement with the torso predominantly vertical with respect to the ground.

That should about do it.:)

'IN REPLY TO KENNEDY' - "I'D LOVE TO JUMP IT BUT AM IN NO POSITION TO DO SO"

Check out my jump numbers...... ive done about 7 Atmo's now between 4 and 11 ways, and a couple of solos to practice the position!!
When i'm jumping with others i just stay on my front and break off first.

I'm starting to get the positon now and even though i'm not that good at it, its like everything in this sport...safety and practice.
I love 'atmonuti', and even ive managed 75 seconds in freefall from just 13000'!!!
Get trying it and ave some FUN!!

Im hopefully gonna' get some practice next week at our home DZ boogie2, when Marco and GI ('Atmonuti' inventors will be coaching)

Blue skies!! ;)

"swooper 24/7, 365!"
ME on Myspace
My Project playlist

It's just freeflying at 45 degrees. It's a refined from of flocking.

This form of argument does not work. By the same reasoning, sitflying and backflying are the same thing, since the only difference is in the pitch of the skydiver.

It may look similar to an observer, but the flight mode for your body may be completely different. If someone who expects flocking will not be able to stay in the dive and someone who expects tracking will not be able to stay in the dive, it is neither flocking nor tracking. Yes, atmonauti sounds a bit cheesy. When you invent your own form of skydiving, you can call it whatever you want:P

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

It's just freeflying at 45 degrees. It's a refined from of flocking.

This form of argument does not work. By the same reasoning, sitflying and backflying are the same thing, since the only difference is in the pitch of the skydiver.

pretty much they are, depending on the dive i might do alot of both to stay and move around a really floating person..if you cant stay 'in' the dive ADJUST! but the type of dive doesnt change everytime you make an adjustment to your body positions, I'd still log it as a sitfly dive even if i spent a good portion of it on my back to stay with a floaty base...

By the same reasoning, sitflying . . .

You mean Chute Assis? ;)

And, of course, before it was called either of those it was called Freak Brothers Flying.

A rose by any other name.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

True, you use both body positions extensively in some dives. I do not see how you can argue though that sitflying and backflying are the same thing, differing by only a few details. There's a whole lot more difference than detail there.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

so even when it's called a tracking dive and we use body positions and orientations that been named for atmonauti, flocking and tracking all in the SAME JUMP?? is 45 deg angle differentiations enough? I mean really dont we need new names for every 20 degrees of angle, just so everyone can claim 'it's totally different' ? ;):D

Were you freestyle training at Perris in April?

no problem my brother :)
i Love atmonauti, and i say:
"instead of debating atmonauti, just Fly it & have fun! yaaaaay!"

yes, my sister and i did a couple freestyle jumps in perris... i believe You joined us, yes?

i recognize you in your photo*

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Right!! Don't talk about it, do it!!! Viva il angolo!!!

Yep, joined you and had fun.... thanks again. Should have known you're an AtmoLover...

My brothers are in Perris for two weeks as from next weekend... so when you're in the area, get into the angle with them!!!

Hey Zenister, this misty wetness we both feel? That's us pissing in the wind;)

Crude but true:D

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo

Hello There,

Just came back from our trip to perris. Yes we did during 2 weeks lots of Atmonauti jumps with lots of peoples ! They all loved it !

Thnkx to Eli, Mike, Jon for flying the angle with us !

some pics available on --> www.c9freefly.com

oh yes...PERRIS ROCKS !!!!B|B|

Nothing much to add as to whether atmonauti is freeflying or a tracking dive, but just wanted to say that I got to meet Marco and Gigliola about two weeks ago at Langar in the UK. Sadly I'm only a recently qualified A-licence holder, so couldn't fly with them, but they were both very friendly and I hope to fly with them at some point in the not-too-distant future.

I got to do about 30 jumps with Marco and Gi and had an absolute ball.

One thing I have to say if you are tracking like Marco\Gi do atmonauti then you have no idea what tracking is.

But like others have said go to www.atmonauti.com read it see if you still think its tracking if you do.

Go out try it find the angle and have fun.

It all in the angle and man is it the bomb giggy,

30 ways out of 2 planes, docking with M and G in my first week of Atmonauti

It just awesome, oh and last out of a LET on a rodeo atmonauti was wicked had to head done for 90% of the jump just to catch Marco with a passenger on his back. Awesoe visuals

Go out and find the angle then come back and we will is you still call it tracking

That all

Jezz

"Now I know why the birds fly"
Hinton Skydivers