BillyVance

Nashville TV News story on Skyride

Sooo, you're saying the customer should be penalized if the weather is bad and they cannot return at a later date?

I highly doubt they told them that. I got a rain check from this same DZ last winter. I paid for my last AFF jump in December (only a month after the birthday girl got her rain check), and we didnt have weekend weather for almost 2 more months.... I still got the jump I paid for tho.

OOHHHHH! I get it, you're calling Tennesseans a lower class of people! Got it! I totally understand now!:o

Hey everybody, Let's put Brett up on a pedistal!!

Please point to any post I have ever made where i said that or referred to it. I have fam in TN, I lived there for 4 years.

Otherwise, please feel free to continue on your blind path. Hopefully there arent any cliffs on it.

edit: can you REALLY not see i am referring to individuals and not entire groups? Ninja, please!
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Jumpdude your posts are painfully vague and generally annoying to read. Please try to make valid points once in a while.

What was vague about; "You seem to want to insult every group of people that you listed in your post." ?
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

"the b*tch"
"has done some shady sh*t."
"you angry mob A-holes"
"the dumb b*tch"
"Moron, it isn't a carnival ride."
"who b*tched and moaned?"
"You people are so god damned bias"

There may be a reason they are "biased" to think you (and your DZ) are less accommodating than other DZ's.

"the b*tch" Tandem student who goes to the press and flames a DZ for following safety practices, in my opinion, can be labeled as such.

"has done some shady sh*t." this is unrelated to any DZ, thank you for editing it in and twisting a post to make your point as you always do in your masterful way

"you angry mob A-holes" what's funny, bill, that you DON'T know, is several of the people that disagree with me in these threads are my friends, that I lump into angry mob A-hole category. I thought you had to have thick skin in this sport? Or is everyone so innocent?

"the dumb b*tch" see first answer

"Moron, it isn't a carnival ride." Am I the only one who thinks skydiving is not a carnival ride? Whuffo tandem students that think this, in my opinion, are morons. It is skydiving, not the tea cups.

"who b*tched and moaned?" rhetorical question using a common phrase.

"You people are so god damned bias" Yup, and I'm admittedly bias in the other direction. Please show me where my bias has publicly flamed anyone's dropzone. We're all on the same team here, sometimes I think people forget that.

There may be a reason they are "biased" to think you (and your DZ) are less accommodating than other DZ's. As much as I appreciate you crossing threads, your point is irrelevant. When I discuss something about a tandem student in TN who is mad at skyride, only you could tie it to a digruntled seasoned jumper's opinion of a DZ in nor cal, which you probably have little to no working knowledge of the area in the last couple years anyway. I know you don't like me bill, I'm sure you think I'm some big mouthed punk. You're a bright guy, and I definitely value your experience in this sport, your time/commitment, and the disciplines you have mastered in this sport. The thing I can't stand is how you use this site and your MOD status to further your agendas, or attempt to burn those who oppose you.

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

If I were a moderator, I'd just delete your diatribe and ban you and get it over with, on the other hand, we all need to see how stupid you sound. So bring it on...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>I can't stand is how you use this site and your MOD status to further your agendas . . .

Right, my evil anti-skyride, anti-fun, anti-everything-good-about-skydiving agenda.

I didn't say anything like that. I did say that if you are defending how accommodating a DZ is, and you do it by cursing out the "dumb bitches" that try to jump there, people may not see you as all that accommodating or friendly.

There are many DZ's that give refunds when weather does not permit the scheduled jumps. Skydive Smoky Mountains has a large amount of business from tourist and giving refunds is their normal procedure. If you show up and cant make yous skydive because of weather you are offered 2 options.

1. to reschedule
2. Refund of purchase

They dont ask if you are on vacation to determine which you choose.

The fact that you defend SR refund practices does not explain why you think their advertisement practices are OK........ Please enlighten us all to your position on that.........

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

To BDashe,fincher and all the other Skyride groupies. When are you going to figure out that you will get no slack here. If you want to change the way people think about you and your DZ you are going to have to sever ties with Skyride and do everthing better and cleaner then everyone else if you want to clean up your rep. But lets be honest here. You don't really give a flying fuck about what I,Billy,John,Billvon,the customers or anyone else thinks as long as you have a turbine to jump out of and reasonable jump prices. RIGHT???

You fuckers are so far gone you need Google Earth to get back to anywhere close to what reality is.

Let me repeat a very important part of this message. No one will ever cut you any slack until the cheating and scamming stops. Can you understand that??? Can you?? Or are you going to continue to come here with this fucking stupid assed it's not us bull shit?Really guys,go on with your lives,doing what your doing for as long as you can. It won't be long till you fuck up where you are and you'll have to find a new home...again. You might want to spend the rainy weekends looking.

Better yet, why don't you spend a few weekends finding a new home and open a DZ that is not tied to Skyride since you want to show us what great people you are.

I have yet to go to a dz in nearly 5 years that gives a refund to anyone for weather conditions.

-Brett

Skydive Arizona does, i took a bunch of friends out there, unfortunately the weather was kind of poor that day with multiple holds. when they finally stop for the day because of it, they were given a choice comeback another day or get money back, some couldn't come back so they took the refund, the rest went back the next day. no hassles or arguments were needed for my friends to get their money back. that's the way it should be, if you have to go to the news channels to help then its a shitty biss. and they shouldn't be allowed to operate.
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

The weather aspect is something everyone has to deal with if it's a legitimate concern that day, I'll agree, but the girl in particular bought her skydive for Outlaw Field. Since they're no longer able to offer the service at the location, suggesting she go to Cedartown is unacceptable. That's my biggest problem with this particular situation, not so much the weather delay.

Still, it's the same story over and over.

Geez, as I type this, there's an ad just to the left on this page of "Skydive in Alaska" from Skyride.
Roll Tide Roll

I just watched the video, and they mainly seemed focused on the fact that the customers didnt get their money back... Thats the same policy thats at every other DZ Ive ever been too. I mean, I saw 6 guys who couldnt do their tandems this weekend bc of nasty winds, and theyre all moving next week (I dont know what the DZO decided to do about it).

Im not trying to defend skyride, but the disgruntled customers in the video could have had that same experience at any other DZ. And I'll be honest here, I really like the jumpers I met when I jumped in TN... Outlaw field was the closest (and only really) place I could jump at the time.

Just throwing my thoughts out there.

To further, from the BBB in the posted article:

'Kathleen Calligan with the Better Business Bureau said because these kinds of experiences are so contingent upon the weather and other factors, consumers should be careful.

"These are high-risk purchases, with consumers shouldering the burden of that risk," Calligan said. "Anyone considering a gift of this nature should be very cautious before buying and understand that the elements may factor into the company's performance."'

They neglect to mention the b*tch can come back anytime she wants when the sun is out.

Look, SR has done some shady sh*t. That said, the DZs operate just like any other DZ. If they were to jump through clouds or in in heavy wind it would be 'look at that slyride DZ breaking BSRs!' if they dont for safety, you get this piece of sh*t article and you angry mob A-holes shout 'those dirty bastards are stealing again!'

I have yet to go to a dz in nearly 5 years that gives a refund to anyone for weather conditions.

The example they used in the article, the dumb b*tch went in november in TN, 'its only my birthday once!' Moron, it isn't a carnival ride. Come back again, or would you rather potentially die?

I took my sister for her first tandem in december out here in cali and we were weathered out. My entire family made the 2 hour drive. Guess who b*tched and moaned? No one. If you had the first clue how hard it is to get my family anywhere near a DZ... Our schedules didnt match again til this past July, but we jumped together and it was f*ckin great.

You people are so god damned bias you can't decipher between skyride, a dropzone, and the f*cking weather.

"I fart in your general direction!"

-Brett

Nobody ever said in the story that she didn't go because of weather. They didn't say if the weather was good or bad that day. Just FYI.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Just a quick aside; did anyone else hear the "Montage" song from Team America, World Police starting at 0:39? I think there is an editor at WSMV who has an awesome sense of humor.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

I'll add in that Skydive Opelika, Skydive Ogden, and Eugene Skydivers all give weather refunds; no questions asked. I'm fairly certain that every other DZ I've been to also does, but since I don't know for %100 then I won't name them.
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

I should clarify that I've never seen anyone at a non-SRGC-taking dz who was pissed and made a stink about not getting their money back after a weather problem, so I suppose they either did get it back or rescheduled. My only "counter" time at a dz was helping Sandy at Pell City before ASC was there, and we were always accommodating - so much so that knowing the geography of Alabama I would never let someone drive past other dz's to get to us without suggesting another might be closer (Cullman, Opelika, etc.). I personally believe they reciprocated.

At the same time, no one ever asked for their money back that I remember either, but maybe that was because they didn't drive 500 miles to get there after they were told it was in their hometown - they didn't have to make another mislead trip. I do, however, remember the van-loads of people showing up early in Skyride's debut, who swore they talked to me specifically, and that I ran their credit card deposits already (or either they already paid in full), and it was so hard to explain to them what was happening...but that was a decade ago, back when it didn't matter, when it was an "Alabama/Georgia" problem, and not the problem of the numerous dzo's or USPA I contacted at the time. Ew, come to think of it, those were also the days when (w)rec(k).skydiving was actually looked-at by someone other than Peanut!

For that reason I want to just keep my mouth shut about it sometimes and jump wherever, and satisfy myself with the fact I "don't have a dog in this fight," but this damned conscience and idea of "wrong will always be wrong" keep showing up.[:/] Plus, some really special people have sacrificed much more in the quarrel than I ever will, and my respect and defense for them won't go away. They've held up under such adverse circumstances and personal attacks, and still they persevere. I think they're awesome! ;)

Roll Tide Roll