BillyVance

Nashville TV News story on Skyride

If you drive 10 hrs round trip you should find a new DZ.

You can talk till you're blue in the face and you're not going to convince anyone of what you say. The fact that you continue to try spotlights a mental flaw.

You work for a DZ that is connected to Skyride both in ownership and business practise. Either accept that or go find a new place to jump. Stop coming here to tell us you aren't connected to Skyride,you're making yourself look stupid.

Story after story surfaces of how people get screwed by Skyride and the network of businesses that Cary own and your only defence is "well,we are not Skyride". YES YOU ARE!! As long as you work at a DZ that is owned by Cary,opperated by people that do what he says and/or accepts Skyride vouchers,YOU ARE SKYRIDE.

If you were going there because it was the closest DZ to where you live I might be a little more understanding. The fact that you drive 5 hrs to be there tells me all I need to know.

Chris pretty well summed it up, but, since you say you and your DZ are not affiliated with sLyride, how can you explain your DZ's website dragging customers from 5 hours away, passing 3 Tennessee DZ's and going away from countless others in the Carolina's/Virginia/West Virginia areas?

Here's a URL from YOUR DZ's Website that advertises to be in Bristol, 5 hours away, if you drive fast.
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Tennessee-Bristol/Bristol-Tennessee-skydiving.html

And while you're looking, be sure to click on the "Terms and Conditions" link at the bottom. If you do that, you will no longer be able to say that your DZ is not a sLyride DZ.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Chris pretty well summed it up, but, since you say you and your DZ are not affiliated with sLyride, how can you explain your DZ's website dragging customers from 5 hours away, passing 3 Tennessee DZ's and going away from countless others in the Carolina's/Virginia/West Virginia areas?

Here's a URL from YOUR DZ's Website that advertises to be in Bristol, 5 hours away, if you drive fast.
http://www.astskydiving.com/locations/Tennessee-Bristol/Bristol-Tennessee-skydiving.html

And while you're looking, be sure to click on the "Terms and Conditions" link at the bottom. If you do that, you will no longer be able to say that your DZ is not a sLyride DZ.

And here it is, quoted from that page, with company names highlighted in bold:

Terms and Conditions for Igovincent dba Adventure Sports

By accessing or using this site, you acknowledge and agree to the disclaimers, terms, and conditions set forth below. Please read the following carefully:

Although this site is accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed or referenced herein are available to all persons or in all geographic locations. Adventure Sports reserves the right to limit, in its sole discretion, the provision and quantity of any product or service to any person or geographic area it so desires. Any offer for any product or service made in or through this site is void where prohibited.

Refunds

Refunds are available only in the event that the purchased activity can no longer offered by 1800SkyRide.com and its affiliates. If approved, all refunds will be issued to the purchaser of the reservation or gift certificate. 1800SkyRide.com may also be required to uphold pre-existing vendor policies which may include additional penalties or forfeitures. Properly cancelled reservations may be rescheduled or exchanged for a Gift Certificate valid for 2 years from the date of original purchase.

So, Fincher, you were saying??? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wow. If I were gullible enough to fall for the Skyride line, I'd surely be put off by their Terms & Conditions. They have their asses covered nine ways to Sunday - do they even have to provide a GC or should one just send them money and thank them for the experience?
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Wow. If I were gullible enough to fall for the Skyride line, I'd surely be put off by their Terms & Conditions. They have their asses covered nine ways to Sunday - do they even have to provide a GC or should one just send them money and thank them for the experience?

That's pretty much what happens anyways,,,
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

What about the address that is listed on the "Contact Us" page of that site? It says Clarksville Outlaw Field, Sooo, are you in Bristol, or Clarksville? What happens if a customer travels from Bristol, past multiple DZ's, ends up in Clarksville, the finds that there is no Skydiving at Outlaw Field, Is that part of the desception or just business as usual? YEP!!!!!!!!!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

What about the address that is listed on the "Contact Us" page of that site? It says Clarksville Outlaw Field, Sooo, are you in Bristol, or Clarksville? What happens if a customer travels from Bristol, past multiple DZ's, ends up in Clarksville, the finds that there is no Skydiving at Outlaw Field, Is that part of the desception or just business as usual? YEP!!!!!!!!!

They seem to have a history of setting up websites and then forgetting about them.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I tried to go to http://www.astskydiving.com/contact.html
and my antivirus at work has it tagged as "Verified fraudulent page or threat source."

Even my antivirus knows it is fraudulent.

You are very right, I try to avoid their site myself, I have to be sure my AVG is all on before I go there. That's nothing new.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Maybe someone should send copies of the legal documents to the domain registrar.
They WILL shut down domains with those rulings regarding the domain names listed on the verdict information. B|

From what I understand, the only authority that can do that is icann.com And hopefully, that's in the works in AZ.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I just watched the video, and they mainly seemed focused on the fact that the customers didnt get their money back... Thats the same policy thats at every other DZ Ive ever been too. I mean, I saw 6 guys who couldnt do their tandems this weekend bc of nasty winds, and theyre all moving next week (I dont know what the DZO decided to do about it).

Im not trying to defend skyride, but the disgruntled customers in the video could have had that same experience at any other DZ. And I'll be honest here, I really like the jumpers I met when I jumped in TN... Outlaw field was the closest (and only really) place I could jump at the time.

Just throwing my thoughts out there.

To further, from the BBB in the posted article:

'Kathleen Calligan with the Better Business Bureau said because these kinds of experiences are so contingent upon the weather and other factors, consumers should be careful.

"These are high-risk purchases, with consumers shouldering the burden of that risk," Calligan said. "Anyone considering a gift of this nature should be very cautious before buying and understand that the elements may factor into the company's performance."'

They neglect to mention the b*tch can come back anytime she wants when the sun is out.

Look, SR has done some shady sh*t. That said, the DZs operate just like any other DZ. If they were to jump through clouds or in in heavy wind it would be 'look at that slyride DZ breaking BSRs!' if they dont for safety, you get this piece of sh*t article and you angry mob A-holes shout 'those dirty bastards are stealing again!'

I have yet to go to a dz in nearly 5 years that gives a refund to anyone for weather conditions.

The example they used in the article, the dumb b*tch went in november in TN, 'its only my birthday once!' Moron, it isn't a carnival ride. Come back again, or would you rather potentially die?

I took my sister for her first tandem in december out here in cali and we were weathered out. My entire family made the 2 hour drive. Guess who b*tched and moaned? No one. If you had the first clue how hard it is to get my family anywhere near a DZ... Our schedules didnt match again til this past July, but we jumped together and it was f*ckin great.

You people are so god damned bias you can't decipher between skyride, a dropzone, and the f*cking weather.

"I fart in your general direction!"

-Brett
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

I have yet to go to a dz in nearly 5 years that gives a refund to anyone for weather conditions.

Sooo, you're saying the customer should be penalized if the weather is bad and they cannot return at a later date?
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Brett makes a good point although a bit harsh, but customers really have no clue about skydiving. They just get the idea in their head that it would be fun or exciting to jump and have no idea how much is at risk. Skydiving is incredibly weather dependant and when people see clear skies they would assume its fine to jump and get pissed when a DZ grounds them for wind, or clouds or plane issues. People these days don't think, this is an instant gratification society.
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

Edit #3:
Since you can't keep track of your posts Jumpdude-

Jumpdude:
WOW! That's a nice way to refer to their customers....

BDashe:
call em like I see em. I've seen walmart shoppers I thought were hicks, I've sat next to some fat f*cks on southwest, and DZ.commers that are f*ckin... I'll stop there for banning purposes only. I dont work for a DZ, skyride, dorkzone, walmart, or southwest, so who the hell cares?

Edit: I'm saying the customer should beware when something is non-refundable and/or purchased through a third party. They should b*tch at the third party and not the end user, or suck it up and be responsible for their actions, ultimately working within the agreement they signed.

Edit2: Yeah, tiger, I'm a bit fired up today :)

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

call em like I see em. I've seen walmart shoppers I thought were hicks, I've sat next to some fat f*cks on southwest, and DZ.commers that are f*ckin... I'll stop there for banning purposes only. I dont work for a DZ, skyride, dorkzone, walmart, or southwest, so who the hell cares?

???????????????
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I just watched the video, and they mainly seemed focused on the fact that the customers didnt get their money back... Thats the same policy thats at every other DZ Ive ever been too. I mean, I saw 6 guys who couldnt do their tandems this weekend bc of nasty winds, and theyre all moving next week (I dont know what the DZO decided to do about it).

Im not trying to defend skyride, but the disgruntled customers in the video could have had that same experience at any other DZ. And I'll be honest here, I really like the jumpers I met when I jumped in TN... Outlaw field was the closest (and only really) place I could jump at the time.

Just throwing my thoughts out there.

To further, from the BBB in the posted article:

'Kathleen Calligan with the Better Business Bureau said because these kinds of experiences are so contingent upon the weather and other factors, consumers should be careful.

"These are high-risk purchases, with consumers shouldering the burden of that risk," Calligan said. "Anyone considering a gift of this nature should be very cautious before buying and understand that the elements may factor into the company's performance."'

They neglect to mention the b*tch can come back anytime she wants when the sun is out.

Look, SR has done some shady sh*t. That said, the DZs operate just like any other DZ. If they were to jump through clouds or in in heavy wind it would be 'look at that slyride DZ breaking BSRs!' if they dont for safety, you get this piece of sh*t article and you angry mob A-holes shout 'those dirty bastards are stealing again!'

The example they used in the article, the dumb b*tch went in november in TN, 'its only my birthday once!' Moron, it isn't a carnival ride. Come back again, or would you rather potentially die?

I took my sister for her first tandem in december out here in cali and we were weathered out. My entire family made the 2 hour drive. Guess who b*tched and moaned? No one. If you had the first clue how hard it is to get my family anywhere near a DZ... Our schedules didnt match again til this past July, but we jumped together and it was f*ckin great.

You people are so god damned bias you can't decipher between skyride, a dropzone, and the f*cking weather.

"I fart in your general direction!"

-Brett

Those customers were not complaining about the weather. They were complaining that there was no way to redeem the certificates.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker