SansSuit

Glider jumps?

Hiya-

Are there any places out there that regularly do glider jumps? There was a glider at the 2006 WFFC. And by doing a search I found that a DZ in Slovakia has a jumpable glider. Is there anywhere else where one can make a glider jump (preferably in the US of A)?
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Sounds like an exceedingly inefficient way to get altitude for a jump.

So is a DC-9 jet or climbing a television broadcast antenna tower, but a lot of people want to do that, too.

I don't follow the comparison, climbing a television broadcast antenna seems the most efficient use of a skydivers pent up energy, resulting in true FREEfall...

I can’t help you with a place to jump a glider but thought I would tell you about mine. It was an Air Show in California. I jumper a Blanik towed to altitude by a Wilga. The Wilga had 3 other jumpers in it. At about 9,000 AGL the glider cut loose from the Wilga and the Wilga did a 360 and came up off our wing tip. As we passed over the airport I went out of the glider and the others left the Wilga. We had a 4 way at about 6,000 AGl. It was cold a shit because we had to take the canopy off the glider.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Sounds like an exceedingly inefficient way to get altitude for a jump.

Oh it is. But when you think about it .... Anytime we expend any energy to arrive at exactly the same place we departed it is inefficient. The efficient thing to do would be to stay on the ground.

I did the glider at Rantoul twice. On the climbout, I could talk to the pilot through his canopy. The second jump, the pilot had his eyes averted for good reason.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I can’t help you with a place to jump a glider but thought I would tell you about mine. It was an Air Show in California. I jumper a Blanik towed to altitude by a Wilga. The Wilga had 3 other jumpers in it. At about 9,000 AGL the glider cut loose from the Wilga and the Wilga did a 360 and came up off our wing tip. As we passed over the airport I went out of the glider and the others left the Wilga. We had a 4 way at about 6,000 AGl. It was cold a shit because we had to take the canopy off the glider.

Sparky

I'm impressed that the Wilga made it up to 9'000 AGL towing the glider! I used to jump one at a small DZ I worked at in Denmark. It was a slow climber.

elsinore also owns the glider port that is on the same airport, gotta get the S&TA's permission to jump them though...good luck.

I don't believe Elsinore owns the glider port business. Separate company. They don't own any of the land. It's all leased.

from my understanding karl owns the airport and has some sort of tie to the glider port, but i could be wrong.
IHYD