bgillespie

Why so much RW hatred

No, no, no! They are definitely NOT telling me I screwed up their jump!! I should have worded that different. I tend to be very hard on myself. They actually have very positive things to say about my flying and are very encouraging. When they do give me constructive criticism, I keep my mouth shut and listen to every word with smile on my face!!

I only meant that I FEEL that way. These people have hundreds to thousands of jumps. Compare that to my measely 200. Of course its going to be me messing it up!

No, no, no! They are definitely NOT telling me I screwed up their jump!! I should have worded that different. I tend to be very hard on myself. They actually have very positive things to say about my flying and are very encouraging. When they do give me constructive criticism, I keep my mouth shut and listen to every word with smile on my face!!

I only meant that I FEEL that way. These people have hundreds to thousands of jumps. Compare that to my measely 200. Of course its going to be me messing it up!

Not necessarily.....but you may be making yourself an easy target for any "blame" by assuming you are always the one. (Sometimes, everyone else in the group goes low and the good-looking Spanish girl will tell you that you can't skydive) :)

Eh, I'm even newer than you. I love jumping with more experienced jumpers. I am always honest about my experience level and my skill level with them. I also try to stick w/ dive plans that are manageable. As long as I do that, I can live w/ myself if I do something wrong (and believe me, I have). I haven't had any of the up-jumpers complain. If they, knowing my experience level, don't want to jump w/ me, that is okay too.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

heh - let me know who is giving you grief...
B|

Jump

It's Briles. :D

the guy that accumulated something like 6000+ jumps in the last month!? he SURE is awesome!!! B|

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

The only way you ever get better at anything is to push yourself, be it jumping with people that are better than you or playing against a team that is better than yours. If you're never pushed, you never advance.

I think you have the right attitude (listen to and accept their help) and shouldn't be too hard on yourself. Also, don't be afraid to speak up and be honest if you feel the dive plan is just too far above your skill level.

One thing I always have problems with is dive plans that include a lot of different points (not the same 3 or 4 repeated but turely different points) so I ask if we can break the jump up into a couple of tries and aim for getting the 1st 4 or 5 points successfully then add the others.

Good luck and have fun!

heh - let me know who is giving you grief...
B|

Jump

It's Briles. :D

the guy that accumulated something like 6000+ jumps in the last month!? he SURE is awesome!!! B|

:D:D:D

No ... this would be the packer kid that made a name for himself in his first week at the DZ. You should ask him about it ...

Ok.. I am preparing for 4-way meets this summer and have been doing alot of RW jumps. Lately I have been catching crap from other skydivers. I have been called that "RW" dude at the DZ. I am a decent freeflyer and am working on video too. I try to incorporate all facets of skydiving into my "regime". Just curious why if you are seen doing "belly stuff" you are hated on lately?

Want to talk about catching crap, try being the only regular wingsuiter (it's all I do). Than again, I don't care because I believe you should do what you want to do. After all, it's your time, money, and life ...

You need to go to a different DZ. I'm the only regular wingsuiter at SDC and no-one gives me crap. (They just remind me not to hit the tail).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I don't "HATE" RW, freefly, or wingsuit organized flocking, I just hate when someone comes down from flying out of a plane MILES off the ground and is MAD that someone 'ruined their jump/load'. WTF? go line dancing or something.

-SPACE-

>Just curious why if you are seen doing "belly stuff" you are hated on lately?

No, at least until you mentioned it. But now I realize I am indeed a persecuted minority! Damn those intolerant freeflyers, and I now feel entitled to some form of compensation.

(Seriously - no, any more than freeflyers are persecuted by swoopers. People like to give other people shit, but generally that's all it is.)

Some pople are asses just for the sake of it but most people are not. Sure there will allways be teasing between groups and usualy that's all it is. It's the same with paraglider-hang glider pilots, snowboarders-skiers, bikers.....
I'm new to the sport, just got all the gear and I want to learn it all.
I can't wait to go home in three months and screw up somebodys 4 way :ph34r:

BTW, I fly paragliders, ride snowboard and i love sport bikes. All others suck. LoL

facebook.com/trig78

Some skydivers do things that are rare in this country but more common in some other countries, such as accuracy, atmonauti, and other stuff. But as long as they have fun at it, what does it matter. :)

Shheeeeeeesh...everrrrrrrrrybody totally ignores my favorite niche in the sport[:/][:/]

No Speed Limit

I don't see any of that at our dz either, there are just as many belly-fliers as free-fliers.

I enjoy a good tracking dive and speed star now and then but I prefer the flying challenge of FF. I started getting bored of belly flying before I hit 50 jumps. Exiting in a base or turning points.... boring. That being said I'm still happier than not to just be jumping out of the plane with fellow jumpers.

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaMUd4vXviU&playnext_from=TL&videos=bl-eKMBFvW8&fmt=34 is what inspires me.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I have done nothing but hop and pops over the last 18 months. You should see the funny looks and hell I catch when I am still in the plane after the low pass exits.***

HA!!! when I got the FX I have now I spent two months or so doing h/p jumps from 7k or so to explore its characteristics *(and to save $$) I didnt go to full altitude unless it was a working jump and got the same ribbing from everyone! my personal fav was "hey, you want us to AFF ya to make sure you remember how to fall stable?" :D

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

I started getting bored of belly flying before I hit 50 jumps. Exiting in a base or turning points.... boring. .

Exiting last from a trail plane on a 150 way is far from boring. You gave up too easily.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Want to talk about catching crap, try being the only regular wingsuiter (it's all I do). Than again, I don't care because I believe you should do what you want to do. After all, it's your time, money, and life ...

You need to go to a different DZ. I'm the only regular wingsuiter at SDC and no-one gives me crap. (They just remind me not to hit the tail).

we don't care if Butters hits the tail - (and no one gives him grief about his discipline - just his fashion sense :P)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I started getting bored of belly flying before I hit 50 jumps. Exiting in a base or turning points.... boring.

I prefer the flying challenge of RW. I started getting bored of free flying before I hit 50 jumps. Flopping around and sticking my tongue out and hoping no one kills the 3 guys with cameras while zooming at each other...... boring.

:P seems you might be part of the problem :P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I started getting bored of belly flying before I hit 50 jumps. Exiting in a base or turning points.... boring. .

Exiting last from a trail plane on a 150 way is far from boring. You gave up too easily.

cranking out 20-30-40 points on a hot 4-way (not the 3-6 one might get at 50 jumps when one quits) is also a blast. I get pretty excited in FF to get 5 or more points on a 3-way for the exact same reason.

we don't care if Butters hits the tail - (and no one gives him grief about his discipline - just his fashion sense :P)

Wait ... are you admitting I have a fashion sense? I'm moving up in the world! :D

PS: Being the last out they don't care if I hit the tail ... they just care if I damage the tail preventing the next load from going up. :P
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Wait ... are you admitting I have a fashion sense? I'm moving up in the world! :D

PS: Being the last out they don't care if I hit the tail ... they just care if I damage the tail preventing the next load from going up. :P

Of course even the next load you won't care - you are still in freefall when it takes off.

I prefer the flying challenge of RW. I started getting bored of free flying before I hit 50 jumps. Flopping around and sticking my tongue out and hoping no one kills the 3 guys with cameras while zooming at each other...... boring.

And you think freeflying is not a challenge?

You think that trying to get grips in a headdown position is not challenging as trying to get them on belly?

Seriously, every fresh off AFF status newbie can go on a 4way RW dive, you can't say this about freeflying, so really, you got 3k+ jumps and you're talkin bullshit.. [:/]
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

>And you think freeflying is not a challenge?

>Seriously, every fresh off AFF status newbie can go on a 4way RW dive . . .

Heck, anyone with one jump can stick a camera on their head, get a baggy jumpsuit, get unstable and flop around.