Muffie

Why Don't You Jump Anymore?

Well that should not be a problem. Looks like you did 8 jumps overnight.

I was just going to post that. Wasnt he not just at 170 something a few minutes ago?

Now we know where all of the experience comes from:S
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Because I'm a pussy when it comes to jumping in cold weather...but I plan on being at the dz in the next few days to get my reserve repacked so I can get back in the air when it warms up again.

d00d...it was 70 degrees here yesterday! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

...and one more thing, do something about your sig line, nothing screams WANNABE louder than bragging about something you're 'gonna' do.

Wow really professional for attacking someone with a goal. do you tell all students that they have to be students all their lives in hopes they won't achieve anything greater than you?

Just calling 'em like they are. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

do you tell all students that they have to be students all their lives in hopes they won't achieve anything greater than you?

Does anybody remember in Star Wars Episode 2 when Anikin Skywalker was bitching and moaning about not yet being declared a Jedi Master?

Look kid, when you can say you've been in the sport for 10 years, you have 3,000 skydives, have never had a reserve ride or a broken a bone, then maybe you'll have our attention about safety issues.

We'll wait . . . promise.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Simply, it gets boring!

As an AFF-I, TAN-I, Rigger no less. Plus there is so much more to life than commuting to the DZ 1h+ each way, two days a weekend.

Been there, done it. Plus, starting about 5 yrs ago, the next generation of jumpers really turned me off. For them it is more about partying than accomplishing. Not worth my time.

So, I noticed that a decent number of posters on here have mentioned that they no longer jump or that they took an extended break from the sport and since I've run out of current posts to read (you'd think that wouldn't be possible) thought I'd start a poll to see what people's reasons for no longer jumping were. (Better than trying to wade through the Speaker's Corner.)

You left out;

"Economy just doesn't make it a viable option at this time."

Yeah, I should've included Money/Economy, Burnout, Boredom, and Skydiving Drama (e.g., dz politics, the newer generation, increased risk someone else was going to take you out, etc.) Hindsight. Seems I was biased by too much time spent reading the Incidents forums. :)

You left out;

"Economy just doesn't make it a viable option at this time."

Yeah, I should've included Money/Economy, Burnout, Boredom, and Skydiving Drama (e.g., dz politics, the newer generation, increased risk someone else was going to take you out, etc.) Hindsight. Seems I was biased by too much time spent reading the Incidents forums. :)

And your "Incidents" based concept isn't entirely without merit, simply incomplete. People DO give up skydiving when they see their first friend, husband, wife, lover go in. Some don't.

Watching the results of a skydive gone wrong is one of the worst things about the sport.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Relax i hadn't updated my profile in awhile

After you update your profile, remove the "Kick Me" sign YOU keep putting on your back. The other kids are laughing at you.
'jus trying to help you out.......

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

>i don't need someone to tell me to jump or don't jump. most of the time
>the experienced go and i don't

Well, there's the problem. If they'd just listen to you, lots of problems could be avoided; after all, you can tell them the same thing that experienced instructors would.

So, I noticed that a decent number of posters on here have mentioned that they no longer jump or that they took an extended break from the sport and since I've run out of current posts to read (you'd think that wouldn't be possible) thought I'd start a poll to see what people's reasons for no longer jumping were. (Better than trying to wade through the Speaker's Corner.)

I believe if you aren't currently jumping you shouldn't be on this site because after time you will forget things and give outdated advice

Sounds like you need to take a walk.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I believe if you aren't currently jumping you shouldn't be on this site because after time you will forget things and give outdated advice

But what if I want to know where to stow the crown lines on a ParaCommander, if using a bag not a sleeve? Or when I should file the centering tip off the male Capewell lug?

That's when I need the old timers. :)

But what if I want to know where to stow the crown lines on a ParaCommander, if using a bag not a sleeve? Or when I should file the centering tip off the male Capewell lug?

That's when I need the old timers. :)

Those crown lines... yeah, they're extra... feel free to hook knife them. :P

Glad I learned how to rig rounds too... lol
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

B|
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

when you can say you've been in the sport for 10 years, you have 3,000 skydives, have never had a reserve ride or a broken a bone, then maybe you'll have our attention about safety issues.

I've had four reserve rides... I'm useless... Oh well.

1. Wasn't enjoying it enough to justify the risk.
2. Tired of visiting friends in the ICU.

Miss you and Laura, Dan.
You both brought something to the experience.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

when you can say you've been in the sport for 10 years, you have 3,000 skydives, have never had a reserve ride or a broken a bone, then maybe you'll have our attention about safety issues.

I've had four reserve rides... I'm useless... Oh well.

And only 2700 jumps...:S:P

:D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Sounds like you need to take a walk.

Re: PeteJonesAsshat;

I know it's so hard to resist, but if you'd all simply ignore this jerk and stop replying to any of his posts, he'll eventually fade into background noise. By buying into his lures, it just feeds his game. He lives for it.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

Look kid, when you can say you've been in the sport for 10 years, you have 3,000 skydives, have never had a reserve ride or a broken a bone, then maybe you'll have our attention about safety issues.

We'll wait . . . promise.

well i've been in the sport 3 times that long, have half that many jumps. 2 reserve rides ( both on round reserves back in the 80's) and one broken bone. but. then i don't ask to many people to pay attention to me on issues of safety.;)
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .