smulder

HIGH WINDS

Went to the DZ this weekend to get a few jumps in but due to HIGH WINDS 19 MPH gust up to 39 MPH no junps. That's part of living in West Texas this time of year. Not a total loss drank a few beers and meet some cool people.
GET BUSY LIVING OR GET BUSY DYING. WHAT'S THIS WE SHIT WHITEMAN? SHE LOOKS FAST TRUMAN. YEAH, IT'S THE STRIPES

Some friends of mine who started jumping in El Paso a long time ago used to say that the way to check wind speed was to throw pea gravel up in the air.

If it landed less than 3 feet away, it was OK to jump :)

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The winds this weekend in South Texas were pretty crazy too. San Marcos was gusting above 25 for most of the weekend. >:(

So instead, of jumping, I enjoyed riding my motorcycle in the hill country. If only I was allowed to pack, then I'd have been there packing and unpacking again and again til my fingers bled.

The winds this weekend in South Texas were pretty crazy too. San Marcos was gusting above 25 for most of the weekend. >:(

So instead, of jumping, I enjoyed riding my motorcycle in the hill country. If only I was allowed to pack, then I'd have been there packing and unpacking again and again til my fingers bled.

Finally, a noob that gets it.

Bravo, dude.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Please don't bleed on the canopies. :P

Only way to learn how to pack, is to do it!;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I need to get my AFF2 jump in and hopefully crack on with some others too.

With a warped psyche, this, coupled with the thread title, could be read in more than one way.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

One of our sayings was "If its to windy to pack its to windy to jump, so just pack inside", Like yours just get a bigger stone or a brick, usually does the job.

i like the way you think!

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Depending on which weather service you look at, this weekend is looking better.

I need to get my AFF2 jump in and hopefully crack on with some others too.

I never cared about the weather until I started jumping. Now I watch it religiously.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.