MrLicious

Rumor Has It?

I agree with you about having friends at the DZ. I have a lot of friends at AST and think of it this way, how many drop zone managers would take $100 out of the till every weekend and buy beer and pizza for the staff and some of the customers? NONE!

If you guys showed up at Clarksville in March of '08 and of course got kicked out and moved to Waverly, and your DZM has took $100 out of the register every weekend, that would surely be at least 7 or 8 thousand by now. Have you ever seen how pissed Cary gets when he loses money for any reason? It's not pretty!
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

how many drop zone managers would take $100 out of the till every weekend and buy beer and pizza for the staff and some of the customers? NONE!

That reminds me, I hear that Skydive America Palm Beach was an awesome DZ in the late 90s. Cheap loads, highly experienced load organizers, etc. Which the DZO could afford because he was defrauding his investors big time.

It would have been cool to skydive there.

All the benefits of crime, without the personal legal responsibility!

:S

I agree with you about having friends at the DZ. I have a lot of friends at AST and think of it this way, how many drop zone managers would take $100 out of the till every weekend and buy beer and pizza for the staff and some of the customers? NONE!

Managers? Managers with the DZO's permission? Almost all of the dropzones I've considered my home over the years has done so. Right now my home DZ is skydive Houston and DZO's there are always having kegs, beer in the fridge, etc, etc.

Hate to burst your bubble but it sounds like you don't get around too often if you think your DZ is the only one doing stuff for the jumpers on a weekend. And just to think my home DZ does all of that AND aren't a bunch of frauds!!! :S
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

:D:D:D

Feed me beer and pizza and I'll turn a blind eye to anything you do.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

OK, so you accept bribes to look the other way.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

To make more clear my post.

1. Must be a part 16 formal complaint
2. Out come will harm/help all USPA members not just one dz or dzo.
3. Person in part 16 fight will have already spent a large sums

And the "about to lose" part is not correct in my earlier post.
In other words AAD funding is not just handed out to anyone who asks for it. ( I know Jan knows this) Many people misunderstand how the AAD funding works, that is all.

Also for the record, my use of the UsPay term coined by Mark S. is in no way a jab at USPA or those in HQ offices. It is in fact a poke at Mark. ;)

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I don't think that the Airport defense fund will defend them if the Airports don't want to be affiliated with a company who uses fraud and deception as their way of doing business.

Are you referring to something like buying a billboard at the ASC turn off that reads "SKYDIVE? ALMOST THERE..." followed by directions to another DZ up the road? That kind of deception?

I mean it is legal so who cares right? As long as those ASC scumbags don't do it then everything is cool. ;)
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

The "crew" is part of the fraud. The "crew" answers the phones, builds web pages, phone book adds, steal photographs, steals music, vandilise cities, conducts the jumps, flies the planes, etc etc.

In todays information age, there is no VIABLE reason to work for such a company UNLESS the "crew" is Ok with aiding and abeting.

In todays information age there is no viable reason for an individual in our sport to jump at such a place unless they like aiding and abeting.

The "crew's" actions on the DZ are what gets the Airport Boards attention.

As I see it, this won't be an access issue and USPA won't even need to address it, much like the issue they had and will have in TN.

<1st part, reply to Alabamaskydiver>
That's exactly what I was saying.

<2nd part, reply to Bdashe>
The roadside sign thing, even though was deceptive and shitted on another DZ, In my opinion, it does not compare to their web pages. For example, refer back to the most recent news report from FOX Atlanta, They still have websites that are advertising to have Skydiving in Kansas, but they admitted themselves that they don't have a location there and no one takes their gift certificates and it looks like they have no intention of correcting that. Even after the Georgia Supreme court ordered them to quit doing that,,, well,, There you have it. I don't think they know how to run a business in an honest fashion.
Basically, all those web pages are shitting on each and every DZ in America just as the signs did.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Hahahahaha!!! But it was ok when Cary owned the sign that was on it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yup- because the sign is at ASC's exit, not the farm's... though I'm sure if ASC posted a sign at the farm's exit it would have made the evening news and to the courthouse.

As I've mentioned, i like both DZs and would recommend jumping at both. There is, however, more 'fighting fire with fire' in this thing than the Johnny-Do-Gooders on this site will ever acknowledge or admit. But I guess I'm just an uninformed prick who lives 2,000 miles away, not fighting for the self-proclaimed righteous.
So there I was...

Hahahahaha!!! But it was ok when Cary owned the sign that was on it.

Yup- because the sign is at ASC's exit,....

So now ASC's "exit" includes all the world from the DZ all the way down Airport Road, through the surrounding neighborhood to 278, and all the property around the intersection? Wow! I didn't know that!

If ASC paid their bills they would still have the billboard.

Billboards don't make the evening news...bumper sticker trashing the city does.

Plus...what Iago said.

[...But I guess I'm just an uninformed prick who lives 2,000 miles away, not fighting for the self-proclaimed righteous.

Now, THERE'S a sig line with mileage to it!
:o:S

Because I'm defending ASC you silly goose! Nothing illegal is happening there; well nothing that wasn't first purchased at the 'farmacy' anyway... but I think you were referring to illegal business practices. In 5 years of fun jumping at ASC, I have yet to see any of what you claim. I can't speak to before I ever jumped there, but since january '05 I haven't seen anything worth getting fired up over.

I still think you have skyride confused with ASC. I know it is hard to distinguish between companies that have the same owner when you're really, really, really mad at one of em, but that's a personal problem that a lot of people seem to have.
So there I was...

>I know it is hard to distinguish between companies that have the
>same owner when you're really, really, really mad at one of em, but that's
>a personal problem that a lot of people seem to have.

It seems even harder for people to acknowledge that the two companies are related since they have the same owner, especially when their jobs or skydiving activities are dependent on ignoring that relationship.

Henri P. used to do it all the time at Zephyrhills, oh about 20 years ago.

Maybe more that $100.00 and for everybody, not just a few.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

No, I know the relationship between the companies better than most, and have acknowledged as well as explained it on more than one occasion.

Spence- I see the same things you do (edit to be more clear). I draw a different conclusion of which I know to be correct.

That said, I still support ASC the dropzone because the dropzone, the staff, the fun jumpers, and equipment are all top notch.

moving forward:

ASC stands for Atlanta Skydiving Center, right? That's the dropzone that is physically located on the airport? The DZ that you all don't like for being owned by the same guy that owns skyride which is the company that has some shady business practices... correct?

Now, knowing that ASC does stand for Atlanta Skydiving Center, which is the DZ in question...

Imagine my surprise when I went to www.atlantaskydivingcenter.com and stumbled on STF's (skydive the farm) website. I don't see very many people upset that STF's website uses a competing DZ's name as a homepage, to the letter. No one complained about that sign i mentioned- giving directions away from one DZ's entrance (ASC) to another (the farm).

It must be legal if the farm is doing it right? Just not when skyride does it I guess, which isn't even a freaking DZ. At least the people i know at ASC (the real Atlanta Skydiving Center) aren't hypocrites.

With that, I will say I do not give two sh*ts about the way the farm is handling this situation, as long as it is legal, which so far it appears to be... So who cares? I like 95% of the peops at the farm, and 100% of the parties/boogies. BUT, if you act like an A-hole I'll explain why and point it out.

My football coach used to say 'stand up for what is right, even if you're standing alone.' I think ASC, the DZ, is being unfairly attacked. I'll continue to publicly express why I feel that way.
So there I was...