blue24

What is your favorite headgear?

I haven't tried them all, but I like the Cookie MXV (open face). I find it's a lot better and "smarter" built than my previos Bonehead Optik Illusion, and the even more previous Optik. I have kept my Z1 fullface for cold weather jumps, but I have worn it maybe 3 times in the last 4 years, so not much data there :(

I purchased the Parasport Italia Z1 shortly before I deployed. It fits ever-so-nicely to my massive dome :D, and Ive HEARD the vent around the mouth area allows for cool air to ventilate during freefall. I like the fact that I was able to buy a tinted lens. I bought a Neptune N3 to mount as my audible, but havent yet. Unfortunately, I havent had a chance to jump it yet :P, but I will get back to ya on that one... Still gotta finish AFF when I get home in a few weeks. [:/]

Attached are pics with the tinted lens.

In freefall, you have the rest of your life to figure out what's wrong. -Joe, AFF Instructor

I have one each of:
Z1
OXYGN
Cookie MXV
Bonehead Guner

Each for a different purpose. I don't really jump the Z1 much anymore because it needs new padding and the OXYGN fits fine. :$ The MXV has my camera mounted on it, and the guner is for when I just want to fun jump with an open face (or when I need people to be able to see my mouth in the air)

I keep a pro-dytter between all the helmets, just gotta remember which one I left it in last. :S:D

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

With my teammates, I need full-face. I'm fed up with my Oxygn A3. Poor manufacturing of the place that the ratchets go causes face shields to break too often.

I tried both the Cookie and the Phantom, and I like the fit of the Phantom slightly better. For a teammate, it's exactly opposite -- the Cookie fits him better. The face shields on both of them are leaps and bounds ahead of the Oxygn shields.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

Other

Like yuo dont look silly enough already:D:D:D
You must look like and BIG RED[/RED] ICBM when speed diving
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?