Hvance

UGA Skydiving Club

Hey all, starting up a skydiving club at UGA. We had one a few years ago, but it died out as people graduated. Been taking a long look at Ben Lee's material and talking to other clubs in the area. We haven't started recruiting yet, but we've already got around seven licensed or soon to be licensed jumpers. I'm excited for the possibilities in the coming years.

If any of you have any suggestions for newer clubs I'd love to hear them. I'd like to build off of successful models.

Also, we need a graphic designer, so if you're interested, shoot me a PM.

Blue skies. ;)
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

I'm trying to suggest good schools to my brother's kids based on which ones have skydive clubs! Oh, and ones they can attend on triathlon scholarships. :P Gotta pay for it somehow!

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I'm trying to suggest good schools to my brother's kids based on which ones have skydive clubs! Oh, and ones they can attend on triathlon scholarships. :P Gotta pay for it somehow!

Not a bad reason to go to school.
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

The UGa group was out at the Farm some time last spring (and a few other times in the prior year) so they were at least active as of that time. Skydive Monroe is closer, so I think they normally jump there. (They came to the Farm to practice exiting from an Otter in preparation for an upcoming competition: SDM only has a King Air).