piisfish

Looks like empuriabrava is on a good wave

The problem is in Switzerland as, depending upon what time it is, it takes longer to leave the plane ....

Door .. check-in.. check-out.....check-in...check-out

and THAT's just the 2 o'clock exit .... mid-day is a complete nightmare:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

In all seriousness that many brits go to Florida just for a vacation you can pick flights up for US$500 or so. If you did 50-60 jumps then it covers the cost of the flight compared to the UK. You'd only need to do about 40 or so to make it cheaper to jump in Z-hills than Empuria. It's just crazy.

JohnMitchell

No wonder everyone travels to the US to jump. The prices make it seem like Mexico to you guys, eh? :D

John, Im hoping ot kick out about 50 - 100 jumps this visit, whilst i travel across the country. 100 jumps here would cost me over $4000.>:(
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

***No wonder everyone travels to the US to jump. The prices make it seem like Mexico to you guys, eh? :D

John, Im hoping ot kick out about 50 - 100 jumps this visit, whilst i travel across the country. 100 jumps here would cost me over $4000.>:(

I'm hoping you get them too. And we almost always have a good weekend or two in February up here. You can stay at our new place, 35 minutes from the DZ. B|

adamUK

It's such a bummer they increased the jump ticket prices so much. It's $40 now :S:o

Seriously WTF? I haven't been there since 2010 but holy shit that is expensive. Isn't the place owned by a saudi oil billionaire anyway?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Arvoitus

***It's such a bummer they increased the jump ticket prices so much. It's $40 now :S:o

Seriously WTF? I haven't been there since 2010 but holy shit that is expensive. Isn't the place owned by a saudi oil billionaire anyway? do you think he got to be and stay a billionare by squandering his assets?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Arvoitus

***It's such a bummer they increased the jump ticket prices so much. It's $40 now :S:o

Seriously WTF? I haven't been there since 2010 but holy shit that is expensive. Isn't the place owned by a saudi oil billionaire anyway?

Yes, but it's my understanding that they are totally above-board now (as opposed to paying people "under the table")... Case in point: pack job before (cash): €5; pack job now (declared and bought through tickets): €7... Plus all those improvements aren't going to pay for themselves...

ETA: and unless I'm mistaken, that €5 used to go directly to the packer, and now only something like €3 out of the €7 goes to the packer... :S[:/]
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Arvoitus

Isn't the place owned by a saudi oil billionaire anyway?

Emirati and Saudi are very different. And Dubai has no oil.
And what would the ownership change in price. The place is improving.
Improvement has a cost.
I also would have expected prices to remain more or less stable, or a max 10% increase over time.
But still I will continue to go. I love the place and the people. And it is getting better all the time
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

piisfish

*** Isn't the place owned by a saudi oil billionaire anyway?

Improvement has a cost.
I also would have expected prices to remain more or less stable, or a max 10% increase over time.
But still I will continue to go. I love the place and the people. And it is getting better all the time
Ill be there again this time next year, B|
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

****** Isn't the place owned by a saudi oil billionaire anyway?

Improvement has a cost.
Ill be there again this time next year, B|

B|

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

normiss

Apparently slave labor helps fill his purse.

How is this different????
:)

yea what was the min wage there in your altruistic country again:|:ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

******It's such a bummer they increased the jump ticket prices so much. It's $40 now :S:o

Seriously WTF? I haven't been there since 2010 but holy shit that is expensive. Isn't the place owned by a saudi oil billionaire anyway? do you think he got to be and stay a billionare by squandering his assets?

Yes:|, when you got money flowing out of the ground at 23k $ per minute, a million is just words on paper.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.