JoeWeber

We're well and truly.....

Elise Stefanik: "I have concerns about the treatment of the January 6th hostages."

January 6th hostages is Trumps term. These elected Republicans have no concern about our democracy or our constitution. In my view, they never have. What they really want is more Jesus jammed down our throats and from what I can see they are going have their way. That's the future and wether or not we're driving electric cars on a cooling planet seems a trivial concern in comparison. Seems to me.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

What they really want is more Jesus jammed down our throats and from what I can see they are going have their way.

Well, not really Jesus.  No republican wants a woke brown beta male like Jesus as a guide to _anything._  They want sort of a Trumpian version of Jesus (Tresus?) who kicks liberal ass and takes names, grabs women by the pussy and is Lord because of the money and power he has.

7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Elise Stefanik: "I have concerns about the treatment of the January 6th hostages."

January 6th hostages is Trumps term.

And I wonder why she's concerned? According to Trump suspected criminals should be beaten up and mistreated by the authorities. Just another example that everything the Republicans complain about the other side doing is stuff they really want to do themselves.

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

....That's the future and wether or not we're driving electric cars on a cooling planet seems a trivial concern in comparison. Seems to me.

Yes, yes you are and coming next January the Brownshirts will be coming for activists everywhere. And no thats not the UPS men and women.

4 hours ago, jakee said:

And I wonder why she's concerned? According to Trump suspected criminals should be beaten up and mistreated by the authorities. Just another example that everything the Republicans complain about the other side doing is stuff they really want to do themselves.

Yes lie and make counter accusations.

(edited)
1 hour ago, kallend said:

The words could have come directly from Mein Kampf.

spacer.png

Tucker Carlson on FOX a NPR story. "I'm talking about people who are neo-Nazis, open nativists, white nationalists, people who get together in dark corners of the internet, mostly, and propound theories about how a cabal of elites - sometimes Jews, sometimes broader - are trying to replace Americans" Versions of this story line have been featured on Tuckers shows more than 400 times.

The bombardment of conservative media in America is non stop. Its spread to religious conservatives and now the "Christian right" believes its mandate is protect White America. Radio, TV, online and from the pulpit. So now only 20% of republicans still need conversion. Tucker is gone now but for every obvious Tucker there are hundreds of less noticeable ones.

Hence the pounding of the table about the "immigration crisis" from the right wing  information sources. These attitudes don't develop overnight and they will be a part of the American character for decades to come. If the barrage of such information streams ended tomorrow.

Americans pretend that trump wouldn't kick a puppy. That’s ridiculous. He’d hire someone else to kick a puppy, then deny knowing the person he hired and refuse to pay them

Edited by Phil1111

On 1/16/2024 at 7:20 AM, Phil1111 said:

Americans pretend that trump wouldn't kick a puppy. That’s ridiculous. He’d hire someone else to kick a puppy, then deny knowing the person he hired and refuse to pay them

"Look, I love puppies.  A man came up to me before - he was a big, strong type, a veteran - he was crying.  He said 'I know how much you love puppies, Mr. President!  I know it.'  But small dogs, especially young ones, they're disgusting.  They spread disease and crime, everyone is talking about it.  Mobsters and MS-13 have those young dogs.  I wouldn't be much of a dictator, except to get rid of those young dogs and a few other things.  I can do it.  No one understands dogs like I do."

25 minutes ago, billvon said:

"Look, I love puppies.  A man came up to me before - he was a big, strong type, a veteran - he was crying.  He said 'I know how much you love puppies, Mr. President!  I know it.'  But small dogs, especially young ones, they're disgusting.  They spread disease and crime, everyone is talking about it.  Mobsters and MS-13 have those young dogs.  I wouldn't be much of a dictator, except to get rid of those young dogs and a few other things.  I can do it.  No one understands dogs like I do."

Only James K. Polk, Andrew Johnson, and Donald Trump did not have any presidential pets while in office. A playboy pet is trump's type.

32 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

And today Trump managed to make himself look even less sharp than Biden does.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/10/politics/trump-south-carolina-primary-haley/index.html

He's a master at corralling the votes he can't lose: that's the 1/3 you correctly identified. Given the liberal, young voter, and suburban housewife propensity for just not wanting to talk about it and then be too busy to vote because as everyone selfish knows it doesn't count,1/3 is a very good number.

5 hours ago, gowlerk said:

At this point now that Trump is solidifying his hold on the R party the only thing that can turn the situation around is a true thumping of them in November. If people turn out it could happen. 

Trump endorsed candidates haven't done very well the last couple of elections.

I'm hoping that holds.