brenthutch

President of UN Climate Summit speaks the truth!

He said
“There is no science out there, or no scenario out there, that says that the phase-out of fossil fuel is what’s going to achieve 1.5C. Please help me, show me the roadmap for a phase-out of fossil fuel that will allow for sustainable socioeconomic development”

I think they call that a turd in the alarmist's punch bowl.

18 minutes ago, jakee said:

You think that the chairman of a major oil company dismissing action on climate change means something?

Let us not forget he is also the President of the UN climate conference. It just reveals the farce, nothing more than a big party at taxpayer expense. COP has nothing to do with climate change, it has everything to do with redistribution of wealth. 

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

It’s noteworthy how the world’s largest emitter of CO2 and second largest economy has decided to opt out 

It's noteworthy that, in China, greed and shortsighted planning have overcome concern for the welfare of the poor around the world?

Have you never heard anything about China before this morning?  Did they skip any and all foreign studies in MBA school or something?

30 minutes ago, billvon said:

It's noteworthy that, in China, greed and shortsighted planning have overcome concern for the welfare of the poor around the world?

Have you never heard anything about China before this morning?  Did they skip any and all foreign studies in MBA school or something?

My undergrad was in foreign service

36 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

My undergrad was in foreign service

spacer.png

Yet you keep reminding us.

In a postscript "Reagan was utterly dismissive about the fact that the United Nations General Assembly voted 108 to 9 in condemning the U.S. invasion of Grenada...An orgy of self-congratulation followed the triumph. A total of 8,612 medals were awarded to participants — most of them to desk officers who never came within a thousand miles of the island. “Our days of weakness are over!” Reagan exulted"

(edited)
2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

spacer.png

Yet you keep reminding us.

In a postscript "Reagan was utterly dismissive about the fact that the United Nations General Assembly voted 108 to 9 in condemning the U.S. invasion of Grenada...An orgy of self-congratulation followed the triumph. A total of 8,612 medals were awarded to participants — most of them to desk officers who never came within a thousand miles of the island. “Our days of weakness are over!” Reagan exulted"

We were just reasserting the Monroe Doctrine. 
BTW there were about 7600 troops on Urgent Fury, 1st and 2nd Ranger Battalions, elements of the 82nd Airborne, Task Force 160, Navy SEALS, Marines and Delta. They all got medals. Once you add in direct support personnel you get your 8612. Your notion that most of them were “desk officers” is just plain wrong.

Edited by brenthutch

2 hours ago, billvon said:

In the future let's hope they cover China.

I thought China was the great green hope, with lots of electric cars, hundreds of square miles of solar panels and wind turbines galore. Weren’t they going to be the workshop of the grand green energy transition?

20 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I thought China was the great green hope, ...

Today's quiz. Who said 

!. "We love each other", "Our relationship with China has now probably never, ever been better," Xi is an incredible guy", “But I’m also standing with President Xi.”“if it weren’t for me, Hong Kong would have been obliterated in 14 minutes." “When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it,” -“Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak … as being spit on by the rest of the world.”

2. And "President Trump is my friend"

If you answered trump and XI respectively you're right.

38 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I thought China was the great green hope, with lots of electric cars, hundreds of square miles of solar panels and wind turbines galore. Weren’t they going to be the workshop of the grand green energy transition?

Other than in your head, were they?

2 hours ago, billvon said:

It's like you're not even connected to the real world here.  Are you getting all these straight from Tucker Carlson?  Have you ever even BEEN to China?

No some of the lefties on this forum extolled the virtues of China’s green energy initiatives.

Al Jaber told reporters Monday, “I have always been very clear on the fact that we are making sure that everything we do is centered around the science.”

“I honestly think there is some confusion out there, and misrepresentation and misinterpretation,” he said, adding, “I have said over and over that the phase down and the phase out of fossil fuel is inevitable. In fact, it is essential … it needs to be orderly, fair, just and responsible.”

18 minutes ago, normiss said:

Al Jaber told reporters Monday, “I have always been very clear on the fact that we are making sure that everything we do is centered around the science.”

“I honestly think there is some confusion out there, and misrepresentation and misinterpretation,” he said, adding, “I have said over and over that the phase down and the phase out of fossil fuel is inevitable. In fact, it is essential … it needs to be orderly, fair, just and responsible.”

Thereby having his cake and eating it too.  He got in a sound bite for everybody!

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

No some of the lefties on this forum extolled the virtues of China’s green energy initiatives.

Your strawmen are getting sick of your misuse of them.  Be careful lest they revolt, and you find yourself left with only the more pedestrian and less effective bogeymen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, normiss said:

And done slowly over the next hundred years or so and guided by market forces and not bureaucrats and their cronies.

Just now, brenthutch said:

And done slowly over the next hundred years or so and guided by market forces and not bureaucrats and their cronies.

Some of each. Because each can be affected by people with their own financial interest, against the general good. Consider, again, the example of cigarettes and OxyContin. Market forces, as affected by the "no good science showing they're bad" crowd, kept cigarettes going for ages too.

Wendy P.

15 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Some of each. Because each can be affected by people with their own financial interest, against the general good. Consider, again, the example of cigarettes and OxyContin. Market forces, as affected by the "no good science showing they're bad" crowd, kept cigarettes going for ages too.

Wendy P.

Are you really comparing inexpensive and reliable energy to addictive substances?  You really need to lay off the analogies.

BTW The “planet will die if we don’t stop using oil” crowd is currently running a pretty good scam and costing the taxpayers and consumers billions.

On 12/4/2023 at 7:34 AM, brenthutch said:

He said
“There is no science out there, or no scenario out there, that says that the phase-out of fossil fuel is what’s going to achieve 1.5C. Please help me, show me the roadmap for a phase-out of fossil fuel that will allow for sustainable socioeconomic development”

I think they call that a turd in the alarmist's punch bowl.

I notice they offered no other solution, or data, or info to support any other theory, path, outcome, or anything.... just denial.

Not sure why they are holding a summit then.....?

57 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Are you really comparing inexpensive and reliable energy to addictive substances?  You really need to lay off the analogies.

BTW The “planet will die if we don’t stop using oil” crowd is currently running a pretty good scam and costing the taxpayers and consumers billions.

Remember how long "the science" said that those substances weren't addictive? Inexpensive only because the waste cost is eaten by the taxpayers as a whole and by the climate. Kind of like plastic trash -- it's only cheap as long as there's enough land for landfill. Then all of a sudden we have garbage barges looking for somewhere to put their stuff, or incineration plants, always conveniently located next to poorer neighborhoods so that the "real taxpayers' kids" don't get asthma.

Wendy P.

• Like 1