2 2
brenthutch

Documentary on wokeness run amok

1 hour ago, billvon said:

The ultimate documenary on wokeness run amok:

https://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-civil-war/

48 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Hardly, not a single Ze, Xe,Zer, or Zim anywhere in the whole movie. No drag queen story hour or gender fluid character.

Moving the goal posts again? Or is the defining event in American history ignored to avoid cognitive dissonance?

Speaking of "gender fluid characters" It odd that the GOP has never addressed George Santos's drag queen days which he refused to deny. His picture below:

spacer.png

But then hypocrisy and republican morals go hand in hand.

Edited by Phil1111

One of my favorite clueless republicans had this to say about Shakespeare: “Shakespeare didn’t walk around putting pronouns in his plays.”  Thus not only exhibiting a remarkable ignorance of the English language AND Shakespeare, but providing comedy gold by using a pronoun to complain about pronouns.

She then followed up with this (mocking) statement: "Imagine if this dude wrote “My name is Macbeth and my pronouns are they/them.” "

Also from Macbeth:

"Come, you spirits / that tend on mortal thoughts / unsex me here."

"You should be women, And yet your beards forbid me to interpret that you are so."

If any republicans have ever READ Macbeth, they'd be trying to cancel it faster than you can say "drag queen library hour."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Hardly, not a single Ze, Xe,Zer, or Zim anywhere in the whole movie. No drag queen story hour or gender fluid character.

What was the last Disney film that had Ze, Zim and a drag queen story hour in it?

I guess they're not woke after all.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Moving the goal posts again? Or is the defining event in American history ignored to avoid cognitive dissonance?

Moving the goalposts. You see, some folks seem to feel as though we are at the absolute pinnacle of development now, both as organisms and as a society. Therefore anti-woke demonstrations from the past (like slavery) were OK because slavery was bad. But now, since we're perfect, they're WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

Just like we couldn't possibly have evolved from apes, because -- well, I've never really figured that one out.

Wendy P.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

...Just like we couldn't possibly have evolved from apes, because -- well, I've never really figured that one out.

Wendy P.

To be a bit pedantic, we didn't evolve from apes.
We ARE apes.

All of the apes evolved from a common ancestor a few million years ago.

Just like all the primates (longer time frame).
Just like all the mammals (even longer).
Just like all life on earth (longer yet).

Looks like it's goodbye Dr. Who for conservatives.  A resurrection or so ago, Dr. Who reincarnated as a woman, and that blew the gaskets of a lot of conservatives.  Recently this was clarified in-show: "The Doctor is a man, a woman, both and neither."

So given that bit of WOKE MADNESS, I guess we will have to add Dr. Who to the long, long list of things that fragile transphobic conservatives are triggered by.

6 minutes ago, billvon said:

Looks like it's goodbye Dr. Who for conservatives.  A resurrection or so ago, Dr. Who reincarnated as a woman, and that blew the gaskets of a lot of conservatives.  Recently this was clarified in-show: "The Doctor is a man, a woman, both and neither."

So given that bit of WOKE MADNESS, I guess we will have to add Dr. Who to the long, long list of things that fragile transphobic conservatives are triggered by.

Did any of you wokesters actually view and comment on the documentary?  Or is it because none of you have the courage or the intellectual capacity to do so.

8 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Did any of you wokesters actually view and comment on the documentary?  Or is it because none of you have the courage or the intellectual capacity to do so.

Is that a documentary? I looked up the title, and “Lady Ballers” is a comedy about transgender athletes

38 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

To be a bit pedantic, we didn't evolve from apes.
We ARE apes.

To be even more pedantic, all of us apes evolved from earlier apes. We’re both pedantic, and we’re both right — now how’s that for a win-win?

Wendy P. 

6 hours ago, jakee said:

What was the last Disney film that had Ze, Zim and a drag queen story hour in it?

I guess they're not woke after all.

Good observation.  Bud Light also does not have those words anywhere on their cans.  So there's no WOKE MADNESS from Bud Light either!  Thank goodness; BH was going without all this time because Kid Rock told him to.

5 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I cancelled my Annual Pass to Disney .. There are millions like me....

Millions of Russian trolls who lie about having a Disney Pass so they can claim they cancelled it?  I could believe that.  They are probably similar to the number of conservatives who suddenly discovered they had small businesses that employed 51 people that they had to abandon because of Obamacare.   That way they could say "THANKS OBAMA you really screwed me over!" and bask in their sweet, sweet faux indignation.  There was one of those right here on DZ.com, who forgot a few months later and was back to complaining about how his employees mistreat his trucks.

However, since there are only about a million people who have bought one of the annual passes here in the real world - no.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

image.jpeg.e77a66b6f24a394020a3736d722d8466.jpeg
you need to get out more 

https://images.app.goo.gl/MXGTFqpzwxuRijfi8

So your answer to my question is that none of Disneys films are woke? Not a single one?

Oddly, I remember in the ‘80s and ‘90s drag acts like Dame Edna were regularly part of mainstream entertainment and no-one cared or thought the sky was falling. 

7 hours ago, billvon said:

Millions of Russian trolls who lie about having a Disney Pass so they can claim they cancelled it?  I could believe that.  They are probably similar to the number of conservatives who suddenly discovered they had small businesses that employed 51 people that they had to abandon because of Obamacare.   That way they could say "THANKS OBAMA you really screwed me over!" and bask in their sweet, sweet faux indignation.  There was one of those right here on DZ.com, who forgot a few months later and was back to complaining about how his employees mistreat his trucks.

However, since there are only about a million people who have bought one of the annual passes here in the real world - no.

Thank-you

6 hours ago, jakee said:

So your answer to my question is that none of Disneys films are woke? Not a single one?

Oddly, I remember in the ‘80s and ‘90s drag acts like Dame Edna were regularly part of mainstream entertainment and no-one cared or thought the sky was falling. 

Pffft.

Bugs Bunny did drag.
LOT.

Flip Wilson did 'Geraldine' in drag back in the 70s...
On National Television.

Harvey Korman did quite a few characters in drag on the Carol Burnette show back in the 70s...
Again on National Television.

There were more, but I can't remember details at the moment.

6 hours ago, jakee said:

Even Disney admits it 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12800623/Disney-Snow-White-woke-SEC-filing-Rachel-Zegler.html

“Most recently, the House of Mouse delayed the release of its $330 million Snow White reboot by a year after star Rachel Zegler sparked fury with a woke rant against the 1937 original and vowed that the remake would be more progressive.”

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Pffft.

Bugs Bunny did drag.
LOT.

Flip Wilson did 'Geraldine' in drag back in the 70s...
On National Television.

Harvey Korman did quite a few characters in drag on the Carol Burnette show back in the 70s...
Again on National Television.

There were more, but I can't remember details at the moment.

"Some Like It Hot"(1959); Marilyn Monroe, with Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis in drag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winsor said:

Mind you that his attire changed abruptly when it was implied that he was gay.  When he was offered a discharge for homosexuality, he put on a uniform and finished his tour.

Which kind of emphasizes that cross dressing and homosexuality are not the same thing, doesn’t it?

Wendy P. 

• Like 4