mjosparky

Responces to a troll.

BigMark

The ChrisD and JVX School of Skydiving, exclusively on DZ.Com. (tm)

I don't think you will be hearing from the latter anytime soon.
Too bad I didn't save a copy of that rant.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I never intended to offend anyone. I was just trying to act like some of you here, I guess I screwed up some,....

I'll try to be better as time goes on. I did actually make some calls, I'm learning.

Thanks

You knew exactly what you were doing as far back as Dec. 2012. You claimed you had just returned from a week in Deland and were bitching about loud mouth TI’s.

In my defense , perhaps some of you could have PM'd me a little earlier. ? I mean before I made a total fucking asshole of myself?

NO, I just could have used a heads up!

Read the first post in this thread. You were given plenty of heads up about how you were coming across to others. A couple of times I posted hints that people were getting tired of your crap. And I even did it nicely which is not my normal way of dealing with your type.

I changed my profile information to stop the spam. Anyone is always free to P.M. me. I have about 350 - 400 jumps, over the years. I have a B lic at the moment, I should fill out the PW for the C. That tandem video is from Pepperell and if you guys do the math it's easy to see it doesn't jive with a picture from the 70's and C Donovan is a very common name.

What's next a quart of blood?

Even you in your latest post you are unwilling to be completely truthful. People should not have to “do the math” to figure out if you are real. As Paul said what you changed will have no effect on spam. You have just changed you gear and location again. What does that say for your credibility?

Container: Racer
Main: Old Racer
Reserve: Optimum Reserve 218 ft² (0.78 lbs/ft²)
AAD: Vigil 2

Take a look at my profile, I am sure you already have, everything is listed exept my phone number. And if someone wants that they can have it. I am not ashamed of who I am or anything I have done, nothing to hide.

I know there are people on these boards that think I am being a little harsh but you are the one that put yourself in this position.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

After this thread:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4468708;page=unread#unread

I knew that the guy is a troll with behavior problems. He can't change. The only thing we can do is ignore him and he will go away....like many before him!
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Ya, I probably deserved this as well,...

Am I supposed to reply to this? Some people here want me to defend myself further, some want me to just go away, some want me to do this or that? I did in fact come here as an outsider, I don't know who is who, some have pointed out that they have learned by watching my crucifixion here. I think that after reading so many hurtful posts, and ya I know now that a lot of you are friends and that was and is just friendly banter, I might have gotten caught up in that as well. Ad ya , that's a cheep excuse, but it's all I have, leave me with some dignity will ya! It seems that no matter what I do some one is going to find fault with it.

And yes I did look up your profile, looking at other peoples profile just doesn't mean that much to me. But I did read a shitload of posts from the beginning and I was impressed with you and I have learned a new appreciation about the many long relationships here and out in the world. I had no idea. It isn't something that is apparent just barging in and being disruptive. Please stop hanging me for that one. I was very much in admiration with some of the links and your service over the years, I had no idea.

I am truthful, and I am also a very private person, I'm really torn about this. I am also reacting, I did in fact change some information that doesn't mean that much to me to see who was going to notice. Don't really understand why I did that, just upset with myself really. And I do drink from time to time, not as an excuse, just don't post and drive I guess. And please don't hold me to a higher standard as far as privacy goes. There are how many hundreds of anonymous people here, if not thousands?? That's just a guess, I don't know the numbers. I started off on the wrong foot, I did think that they were the NORMAL here, I was wrong!

I guess I didn't get the heads up's that people were sending me. I do apologize for that, I really do. I guess sometimes I have a brick for a brain. As far as my comment about doing the math, I was just trying to be brief, I didn't mean it to be anything other than trying to point out how that utube video of a kid that looks like he's in his twenties couldn't have old PI jump tickets from a date before he was born.

(I'm only posting here, right now, to answer your questions, I have a feeling that no matter what I do some will find fault with me, I really don't know what to do.)
I'm not sure what you mean about posting about my old racer rigs. I currently own a V3, I used to own 2 racers but I gave one back to The parachute Shop at Pepperell in 1995 (I Think), it was brand new and I told the owner to donate them to anyone they saw fit. As at the time I was undergoing extensive physical therapy and my doctors had doubts about my ability to continue walking. It was a new container, blue, with blue pin striping and the custom yin / yang pop top. I have often wondered about it's fate and where it ended up. I recently upsized to a 218 for my reserve. The key word there is "Upsized." Not something that many do in this day and age.

I am truly sorry for any pain and suffering I have caused and for my shitty attitude as well.

Please forgive me!

Chris
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Its the internet. You can pretend to be whatever you want to be. But this is a sport that (like the sport I do for a living, whitewater kayaking) can kill you if you dont know what you are doing.

You remind me of this old guy at our local DZ, runs around talking about his jump experience and wearing Special Forces and Ranger tabs on his jeans jacket. Yet I cant find a soul whose ever seen him jump. As a retiree myself could or should I call him out or dig deeper? Maybe, but his claims about his former military status arent going to get anyone killed so I just ignore him.

However, as a potential one jump chump if you are handing out information and making yourself seem to be an expert you arent, then you are potentially putting people's lives at risk and should be banned.

Im frankly surprised at the admins you havent been banned already, but then again I just joined yesterday to find some deals on gear so what do I know.

You know, I was going to post something long and insightful . But then I realized I just don't give enough of a damn.

My tidbit of advise would be to come clean about who you are,your experience level and where you jump. That is if you ever want to fit in here. Other than that I hope your not a dick at your home DZ. Other wise, go on with your life.

Obviously not aimed at Sparky. :D Or is it. ;)

Post #56 includes 50 uses of 'I'.

Why get defensive? This is the Internet and you're hiding behind a false identity.

I am truly sorry for any pain and suffering I have caused and for my shitty attitude as well.

meh ... too many people are getting bent out of shape over this. As someone else already pointed out, your posts were so long and poorly written, they were easy to spot and ignore. But you have created some fun drama with your BS and the length of time you've been at this is impressive.

You should recognize however, that to receive forgiveness from some, you'll have to first prove that you have changed whatever it is you claim to be sorry about. No amount of talking -- or posting -- is going to help that.

Why anyone would ever take seriously the posts of someone who has an unfilled profile (including "99999 jumps") is beyond me. New jumpers, take note. There are lots of informed posters here whose profiles include enough details to add weight to their comments. Posters like ChrisD need therapy, not attention.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Wow, you’re a very emotional person. You know, most of the time I come and read the forums when bidding at work has slowed down. I hardly ever read this stuff on my own time because it’s BORING and I have better things to do, like watching Finding Bigfoot on Netflix, Bobo is awesome. My girl is in Afghanistan so I have to do what I must to past the time without getting in trouble. Anyway, go find something else to do because racking up thousands on top of thousands of post can’t be healthy or constructive. Libraries are filled with books, go to the gym, take up target shooting, or rock climbing and if you’re anywhere but Virginia, where the weather has been complete shit lately, go skydiving.

Impressive keeping the people's attention, with crap.

I am changing my signature to:

Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Read it a few times in a number of posts. It's like Chinese Wisdom, and I will probably teach my kid that as well.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"

CSpenceFLY

You know, I was going to post something long and insightful . But then I realized I just don't give enough of a damn.

My tidbit of advise would be to come clean about who you are,your experience level and where you jump. That is if you ever want to fit in here. Other than that I hope your not a dick at your home DZ. Other wise, go on with your life.

Obviously not aimed at Sparky. :D Or is it. ;)

Who are you calling a Stupid Fucker?:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

potatoman

Impressive keeping the people's attention, with crap.

I am changing my signature to:

Read it a few times in a number of posts. It's like Chinese Wisdom, and I will probably teach my kid that as well.

Do you really have one hundred twenty three thousand, four hundred and fifty six jumps?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

No, But I know how to count at least. Lol

The most I have heard of was somewhere just over 40k, but that is not me....I have another day job.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"