1 1
kleggo

Mission Impossible - interesting stunt

2 hours ago, kleggo said:

I think its unlikely he made 30 jumps in a day, despite what the viddy said, even on along Norgy day.

My personal best is 10 hop and pops (packed by me). He certainly ain't packing any chutes... Super doable. His form is fucking stellar on "that jump"! 

On 7/11/2023 at 12:43 AM, obelixtim said:

30 jumps in a day is pretty hard core. He must be incredibly fit. I've done 13 in a day, and I was knackered. 

12-14 a day was not uncommon for team training - although you needed the support (dedicated packers, staged food/water, a lot of lift capacity etc) to pull it off.

On 7/12/2023 at 3:46 AM, JoeWeber said:

The number of jumps I could make in a day went way up when I realized I sucked at packing.

Did my own packing, and terminal openings put a bit more stress on the body than sub terminal. I had nothing to eat or drink all day as well, 4 of them were night jumps, so didn't finish till midnight. Was not particularly physically fit either. 

Most jumps I've done in a day were nine 4 way rotation jumps in lovely humid lake wales.

I always pack for myself.

I was 20 years younger and was still tired afterwards.

We only did 8 jumps a day thereafter.........................

Now, I might be able to handle 3 FF jumps in a day.

:-)

I did 9 or 10 once, with a round, packing for myself, but I was 23 and it was mostly hop n pops (had to have been, because it was winter). I can still do 5, but it generally involves whining. And I would always get a packer when I went to bigway events

Wendy P.

• Like 1

My personal record is 14 tandem jumps in a single day.

Mind you, some of my tandem colleagues brag about doing more than 20 tandems in a day.

When I worked at Victoria Skydivers, the norm was 6 per day. At Skydive Kangaroo, Hinckley, Hemet, and Pitt Meadows, we routinely did 8 tandems per day. At Snohomish, the routine was a dozen tandems per day.

With tandems it is like doing the same jump a dozen times in a row because the dive plan is always the same. The only thing that changes is the size of the student. On good days I can even remember the names of my students.

It REALLY helps when someone else is packing.