1 1
billvon

Heroes of the anti-woke

Patriot Front, a group of anti-woke white supremacists, marched in New York City to support Trump and the idea that America belongs to them, not all the black, brown, Jewish, Asian and Middle Eastern "invaders" that are taking over America. They carried banners that said things like "no Zionists in government."

But they almost didn't make it.  When they got to Manhattan they had to use the subway, and that meant using a fare card.  And they simply could not figure that shit out.  Someone recorded a video of a dozen or so of them struggling to understand the technology.  Eventually they just jumped the turnstiles and avoided the problem altogether.  Since they were all white, of course, they were not arrested for that.

For carrying their message of white superiority while being overwhelmed by the complexity of a turnstile, the Patriot Front wins today's "Heroes of the Anti-Woke" award.

(edited)

In a shocking and unforeseeable turn of events, some of the white Republican personalities who lead the charge to remove the black president of Harvard university turn out to be really, really, overtly racist. Well, I say overtly, but they’re obviously cowards too so what they’re pushing is simple eugenics by a new name while claiming it’s ‘just neutral science.’

Rightwing activist Christopher Rufo has links to a self-styled “sociobiology magazine” that is focused on the supposed relationships between race, intelligence and criminality, and which experts have characterized as an outlet for scientific racism.

At the time of reporting, Aporia was one of 19 Substack newsletters Rufo links to in the “recommended” section on his own newsletter, which according to Substack has more than 50,000 subscribers. Rufo also appeared on Aporia’s podcast, which has published flattering interviews with proponents of scientific racism and eugenics…..

The Guardian emailed Rufo with questions on his apparent endorsement of Aporia, and how he reconciled that with his professed “colorblindness”. He did not respond directly to any questions put to him but instead made a crude sexual insult to a Guardian reporter.

What a lovely man! As for one of the ‘scientists’ he supports: The Guardian emailed Winegard questions about Aporia, his role there and aspects of his previous controversies. He replied with one line: “Is Charles Darwin’s ‘The Descent of Man’ scientific racism?

You, sir, are no Charles Darwin.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/31/rightwing-activist-christopher-rufo-ties-scientific-racism-journal

Edited by jakee

On Feb 8th, a group of three older girls was bullying Nex Benedict, a nonbinary student in high school in Oklahoma, in a high school bathroom. Bullying of nonbinary kids has gone up dramatically since anti-trans laws were passed in Oklahoma, including one that requires people to use their birth-certificate genders to choose which bathroom to go to, one that prohibits ungendered pronouns on govermnent documents, and a third that outlaws gender-affirming care for kids.  Apparently these three Heroes of the Anti-Woke were just trying to carry out their government's wishes.

During the bullying, Benedict threw water at the girls.  The girls then attacked Benedict, slamming their head into the ground several times.  The fight was broken up, and all four kids were taken to the principal's office.  Benedict was told they would be suspended, and the school refused to call an ambulance for them.  They were taken to the hospital later by their grandmother.  She called the police who came to the hospital, but the police told her that if Benedict pressed charges, they would be treated as the primary aggressor since they threw water.

Benedict complained of pain in their head that night.  The next day they collapsed, and was pronounced dead by the hospital.

Let's see conservatives spin the leadup to this as "protecting children."

Doesn’t matter. It’s not on Fox, it’s not on OAN, it’s not on Breitbart or Daily Caller; it just doesn’t matter there. Controlling the information is key — people are what they eat, and think what they read and listen to.

Wendy P. 

Heroes of the anti-woke are now passing laws to DESTROY those black, trans and gay woke kids!

In Missouri, HB2885 creates a new felony crime - the "offense of contributing to social transition."  So if a teacher has a new student, and the student wants to be called "they" and she does it - she is a felon.  That will show those loser trans kids who's boss!  And maybe just drive up child suicide rates, which is a great thing for anti-woke America.

In Tennessee, HB 1605 bans rainbow and BLM flags in schools, but not confederate or Nazi flags.  This support of white supremacist symbology, while banning flags for racial and LGBT equality, will surely destroy all those woke black and gay children!

And of course Florida has its own heroes.  Senate Bill 154 will allow criminal prosecution of any librarian that does not stop a child from checking out books on LGBT issues.  Remember - you can't control what children think until you control what they read.

In Idaho, right wing terrorists like the Aryan Nation, the KKK and the Army of God are being treated unfairly.  After they bomb abortion clinics, or threaten to lynch black people, the government unfairly calls them terrorists.  As if white people could be terrorists!  So Senate Bill 1220 officially declares that only non-Americans can be labeled terrorists by the government.  This bill was created by Cliven Bundy, a patriot who ended up in jail just because he was pointing an automatic weapon at US officials and threatening to kill them.  In the future, the only people who will be allowed to be designated 'domestic terrorists' are those who belong to groups outside the US, thus saving patriots from being arrested on terrorism charges when they, say, take over a State Capitol at gunpoint to demand freedom.

Finally, you can't win the war on woke without breaking a few eggs. In Utah, the Educator Protector Program will give both schools and teachers almost blanket immunity if a teacher, say, accidentally kills a kid with their gun.  Or shoot them because the bad guy was behind them.  Or if they mistake him for the woke perpetrator.  Once teachers realize they will not face penalties for their accidental killing of children, it is hoped a lot more of them will carry guns in school, thus making Utah schools safer for gun companies.

7 hours ago, billvon said:

Heroes of the anti-woke are now passing laws to DESTROY those black, trans and gay woke kids!

THIS is the exact reason I don't interact on here anymore. You got ONE somewhat right.

Missouri, HB2885 creates a new felony crime - the "offense of contributing to social transition."  So if a teacher has a new student, and the student wants to be called "they" and she does it - she is a felon.  That will show those loser trans kids who's boss!  And maybe just drive up child suicide rates, which is a great thing for anti-woke America.

Somewhat right - IF someone, IF Anyone tries to forcibly transition a kid https://house.mo.gov/Bill.aspx?bill=HB2885&year=2024&code=R

In Tennessee, HB 1605 bans rainbow and BLM flags in schools, but not confederate or Nazi flags.  This support of white supremacist symbology, while banning flags for racial and LGBT equality, will surely destroy all those woke black and gay children!

You got this from a news article - what it actually says is ALL flags other than the US or State of Tennessee flag in public schools, but the whole inflammatory BLM, Nazi, KKK, support of the white supremacist to destroy ALL those black and gay children was necessary - for what?.

https://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/Billinfo/default.aspx?BillNumber=HB1605&ga=113

And of course Florida has its own heroes.  Senate Bill 154 will allow criminal prosecution of any librarian that does not stop a child from checking out books on LGBT issues.  Remember - you can't control what children think until you control what they read

Scratching my head - According to the Florida Senate it relates to condominiums:  https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/154/?Tab=BillHistory

In Idaho, right wing terrorists like the Aryan Nation, the KKK and the Army of God are being treated unfairly.  After they bomb abortion clinics, or threaten to lynch black people, the government unfairly calls them terrorists.  As if white people could be terrorists!  So Senate Bill 1220 officially declares that only non-Americans can be labeled terrorists by the government. 

Whew. This is just so wrong that I'm attaching the entire bill. But, you get liberal points for including, right-wing terrorists, Aryan nation, KKK and AoG in the same sentence. 

In Utah, the Educator Protector Program will give both schools and teachers almost blanket immunity if a teacher, say, accidentally kills a kid with their gun. 

Really? Cause it reads like trying to protect the children and nothing about immunity. In fact, it requires teachers to take courses in use, protection, security and storage. Cause, ya know, you guys won't write your congress critters about gun responsibility.  

https://le.utah.gov/~2024/bills/static/HB0119.html

I don't get you guys anymore. 

S1220.pdf

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Somewhat right - IF someone, IF Anyone tries to forcibly transition a kid https://house.mo.gov/Bill.aspx?bill=HB2885&year=2024&code=R

I mean, if you go by the official summary of the bill, it would certainly not be based on "forcibly transition".

image.png.39ff1ad02daafdb3ed2654f3e06831ff.png

This is how Social Transition is defined:

image.png.32d8635c97fca90fd51117708ea3a6ce.png

The proposed bill would also make offenders a Tier 1 Sexual Offender with the requisite  registration and annual reporting.

The proposed bill is scary as fuck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BIGUN said:

THIS is the exact reason I don't interact on here anymore. You got ONE somewhat right.

Somewhat right - IF someone, IF Anyone tries to forcibly transition a kid

Nope.  They use the term "social transition" which per their definition includes using a pronoun like "they" instead of their birth pronoun.  And if you do so - just once - you can be arrested and convicted as a sex offender.

what it actually says is ALL flags other than the US or State of Tennessee flag in public schools,

No.  It allows flags to be displayed if part of the curriculum - as in, say, a Nazi flag from World War II in a history course.  It also, of course, allows US military flags to be displayed.  Indian flags are OK.  There is a list of 9 other exceptions of flags that are OK to display. Just not pride flags or the like.

support of the white supremacist to destroy ALL those black and gay children was necessary - for what?.

Rhetorical effect.  I am copying the language used by right wingers when describing the threat posed to children by, say, trans people.  If it seems incendiary or over the top - good.  I'm glad you feel that way; so do I.

Whew. This is just so wrong that I'm attaching the entire bill. 

Thanks for attaching that!  Note this on the second page:

"Terrorism" means activities that:
28 (a) Are done in cooperation with any foreign terrorist organization, as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1189, that threatens the sovereignty of another state or the United States of America;

That means that local organizations that, say, blow up abortion clinics will not be considered terrorists by definition in Idaho.  And perhaps it's just me, but I don't feel that such organizations need protection against the label of "terrorist."

Cause it reads like trying to protect the children and nothing about immunity. In fact, it requires teachers to take courses in use, protection, security and storage. Cause, ya know, you guys won't write your congress critters about gun responsibility.

I am 100% in favor of those parts of the bill.  Here's what I object to:

A teacher who has active status in the program is not liable for any civil damages or penalties if the teacher:
84          (i) when carrying or storing a firearm:
85          (A) is acting in good faith; and
86          (B) is not grossly negligent; or
87          (ii) threatens, draws, or otherwise uses a firearm reasonably believing the action to be necessary in compliance with Section 76-2-402.

If the rest of the bill does indeed reduce the incidence of accidental discharge and/or misuse, then there's no need for that section.  Fear of prosecution for negligently harming a student is, and should be, part of the decision as to whether someone carries a gun in a school.

Imagine, for example, a hungover teacher with a drinking problem fumbles with his gun one morning and accidentally kills a student.  No question that was negligent.  But unless a court can prove that he is GROSSLY negligent (a much higher bar, involving deliberate, severe and reckless disregard) he is protected under this law.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

I mean, if you go by the official summary of the bill, it would certainly not be based on "forcibly transition".

I went back and re-read it a couple of times and I still read it as coercion (as in ) and that may be because when you read the overview, "forcibly" . . .so as I read it as; the same manner of pedo, sex trafficking, etc,

But, that's not to say that I don't see your point also and would agree the language is not well presented. . 

14 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I went back and re-read it a couple of times and I still read it as coercion (as in ) and that may be because when you read the overview, "forcibly" . . .so as I read it as; the same manner of pedo, sex trafficking, etc,

But, that's not to say that I don't see your point also and would agree the language is not well presented. . 

I don't understand where you read it is tied to coercion or forcibly? The actual offense is defined as follows in the bill:

image.png.11a98860034fc844b1edecb4d5e0e073.png

What am I missing?

59 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

The real question is why. Why is a law like this needed? It is not needed at all. It is merely an attack on those who are different for no reason other than scoring points with the base. It doesn't really matter exactly how it is worded. It is evil at its heart.

• Like 1

(edited)
16 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The real question is why. Why is a law like this needed? It is not needed at all. It is merely an attack on those who are different for no reason other than scoring points with the base. It doesn't really matter exactly how it is worded. It is evil at its heart.

I was going to post the same but I need to lay off being such a downer even if there is no hope and the future seems more frightening by the minute and our leaders are conspiring against us and it won't be long before we're once again studying all night for answers and eating top ramen and struggling through the snow even in summer and with no place safe to go.

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

it won't be long before we're once again studying all night for answers and eating top ramen and struggling through the snow even in summer and with no place safe to go.

Don't forget being forced to get an AOC and writing an Ops manual.

13 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

What am I missing?

Yesterday morning, in the link I provided, at the top of the page, in the overview, it said, "forcibly contribute . . ." After reading your  post, I went back and re-read it, but the overview had changed. 

18 hours ago, billvon said:

Nope.  They use the term "social transition" which per their definition includes using a pronoun like "they" instead of their birth pronoun.  And if you do so - just once - you can be arrested and convicted as a sex offender.

..... But unless a court can prove that he is GROSSLY negligent (a much higher bar, involving deliberate, severe and reckless disregard) he is protected under this law.

Excellent summary.

The anti-woke crowd has a failed Super Hero in the movie business. Unfortunately for them they have lost another battle with the House of the Mouse. An expensive hostile proxy takeover attempt, largely over politics was fought with the Disney board. But shareholders were content to say "thanks but no thanks, we are woke and we like it that way." 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/03/business/disney-proxy-battle-bob-iger/index.html

• Like 1